LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will EA Ever?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Will EA Ever?

Do you think EA will ever make some sort of messaging system for online? It would be great if we could contact other users weíve recently played, exchange thoughts and trade Wii numbers. I hate not being able to contact someone after a good game of Medal of Honor or an ass whopping on FIFA 08.

And please donít give me that bullshit that there already is a messaging system. My God, the one they currently have is a bloody joke. Its actually completely useless. Even if you do add a friend and you use one of their custom messages (which is ridiculous) you canít even tell them what game youíre in or when you want to play! It would make things even a little easier if you could exchange Wii numbers to talk through the Wii messaging system but you canít even do that.

So do you guys think EA will ever implement one in the future for online game? In my opinion its necessary, especially considering voice chat isnít going to launch for a long time (if it will ever happen).

Member #
    Friends
    Agreed. I just have a feeling that its all up to Nintendo, not EA.

Member #
    Friends
    4859-7354-0985-6081
    ^^yea me too

Thanks to LinksDarkSide for the sig

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah you guys are probably right. Why is Nintendo being so immature about this? If you don't want your kid to be subject to content online then don't let him online! We're in the 21st century, children are subject to worse things than foul language, give me a break Nintendo and admit you're all just lazy asses.

Kirby's path follower swordkirby's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperWii_7
    Yeah you guys are probably right. Why is Nintendo being so immature about this? If you don't want your kid to be subject to content online then don't let him online! We're in the 21st century, children are subject to worse things than foul language, give me a break Nintendo and admit you're all just lazy asses.
    well, nintendo apparently found people who can track others through their friend codes, so they are careful about what they release. btw, i am serious. when i was a nsider (nintendo's forum) member, i read it from an admin after people were complaining about stuff like this.

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Amen. Too many lazy parents not taking responsibility of their kids, and then blaming/suing everyone else. Making everyone suffer because no one is monitoring their children is not the best solution.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by swordkirby
    well, nintendo apparently found people who can track others through their friend codes, so they are careful about what they release. btw, i am serious. when i was a nsider (nintendo's forum) member, i read it from an admin after people were complaining about stuff like this.
    That really makes me curious, is it even possible to track someone from their wii number to their house?
    I mean maybe tracking it to the city or finding out their name, but that would require knowing what wii numbered systems were sent to which gaming stores, and then where?
    Someone goes into walmart, buys a wii walmart won't know where they live. Lets say that the guy hacks into nintendo's stuff and somehow looks up a wii number and finds the person who registers it and gets their stuff, that would defiantly be nintendo's fault for letting the hacker get into that information.
    The wii is dissed for two reasons, bad graphics (which i think is bull), and a terrible online community which is entirely true. Xbox had a better online community before 360 even was talked about. come one nintendo. its not your fault if someone tries to sue then get good lawyers and put some cautionary pamphlet in with all the manuals, then you pull that out and bam reasons why they can't sue you. C.Y.A. Don't make the gamers and the company itself suffer because you want to do the parents job.
    I could have entirely misread what you meant btw sword.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thewall742
    Xbox had a better online community before 360 even was talked about. come one nintendo. its not your fault if someone tries to sue then get good lawyers and put some cautionary pamphlet in with all the manuals, then you pull that out and bam reasons why they can't sue you. C.Y.A. Don't make the gamers and the company itself suffer because you want to do the parents job.
    I could have entirely misread what you meant btw sword.
    Exactly, don't give us that bullshit that its Nintendo's first time. They have had tons of time to develop a quality online community.

Tracking someone by their Wii #? That sounds pretty far-fetched. But even if that is true, you can track people through a lot of different methods these days so get over it. Sorry Nintendo, but you're not going to save the world's children by having an extremely shitty online community (if you can even call it a community).

Member #
    Friends
    Exactly, don't give us that bullshit that its Nintendo's first time. They have had tons of time to develop a quality online community.

Tracking someone by their Wii #? That sounds pretty far-fetched. But even if that is true, you can track people through a lot of different methods these days so get over it. Sorry Nintendo, but you're not going to save the world's children by having an extremely shitty online community (if you can even call it a community).

Thank you, and there are already parental controls so a parent can turn off the internet access, and how many kids can set up the wifi without help? theres a lot of stupid people today, i know even adults who can't follow the step by step.

Ads