LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I gave all that info in another post and noone answered. So I asked a simpler question. I will repeat my initial post..
    I am connecting from my wii to an airlink101 usb lan connector,and connecting directly to an arliss modem model nunberTM502G. I am using cable 6 ethernet cable. Cable 5 didnt work either. I was asking this question because I thought it had to due with DHCP. And that I may not be able to connect directly
    Both lights on the lan adapter light{one blinks the other doesnt}. And it will not connect. thx
    Last edited by pwk11; 01-26-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8485-7928-2230-8792
    If you're connecting directly to the modem then you most likely have to use DHCP. I assume you've tried rebooting the modem (unplugging power, wait a minute, plug it back in) while its connected to the wii USB adapter?

I would really think about getting a router instead of connecting to the modem, if only for convenience (so you don't have to unplug it and plug it back in to your computer to use the internet) and protection (from the router's built in firewall).

Member #
    Friends
    Thank you for your reply. I may try the router,I would just rather not use one unless I have to. Setting them up for online games ect has proven problematic. Maxing out router bandwidth and the router disconnects and I lose games,ect.
    I am pretty sure I did the unplug thing . I will try again. Paul

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by pwk11
    Maxing out router bandwidth
    Never heard of such a thing. A router is going support 100Mbit internal LAN connections. Are you telling me you have a 100+Mbit connection to the internet ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    8485-7928-2230-8792
    I would say the vast majority of PC gamers online do use routers, so you should be fine...

Member #
    Friends
    to sremick We had 3 people gaming in the house at one time. I seemed that was the problem,but I could be wrong. All I know is when only 1 or 2 of us were gaming it didnt happen. We had a fast cable. But now it is just me.
    I had read online in a few forums that some routers max out and shut off. It could have been bull though.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    You could easily max out your internet connection, but between your internet connection and your router's bandwidth, it's your internet connection that is the bottleneck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads