Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

help

Hello im kiyo787. i havent been able to get mii online at all. So just out of curiosity if your using a wireless connection plz send the info i need to connect to it.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2770-2242-9089-2654
    DUDE! I had the same problem. I will help you. I got my wii online by buying the LAN adapter.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I just get mine from the pc but I think I have a wi-fi con thats why.do you have a wi-fi con?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    1) When asking a question, please use more than just "help" in the subject. If you're wondering why you don't end up getting many offers for help in this thread, that's part of it.

2) The other part of it is that you haven't told us anything about what your setup is like and what you've tried so far. There are a ton of people on here with working wireless setups, and numerous possible configurations and ways to go about it and issues that can come up. Help us help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-oHuogx6_Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends

h

all i need is a the wireless configuration so that i can connect to it duh

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by kiyo787
    all i need is a the wireless configuration so that i can connect to it duh
    Don't "duh" us. If you had any idea of what you were talking about, you'd realize the pointlessness of your question. There is no one singular "wireless configuration", otherwise each person wouldn't need to set their own up. The Wii would just come pre-configured.

But it doesn't. You have to do some work. That means putting in a little effort here.

You need the SSID of your wireless router/access-point. You need the WEP/WPA security key if you use encryption (recommended). And if you have MAC address filtering, you need to enter the MAC address of the Wii into the "permitted" table on your router/access-point.

No one can do that for you and tell you what those are. It's your Wii, your router/AP, your unique setup.

Have you even looked in your manual? Or done a search here on the forums for the 12039487098509 threads where the exact same steps were spoon-fed to someone else who needed babysitting?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys..._na/online.jsp

Duh.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends

lol

dude you dont get what im asking at all do you.
    Im lazy yes ive checked all other sites i dont feel like buying a router i wanna connect to anther wireless router duh

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Nope, because you're doing a very poor job with asking your question clearly. Notice how no one else is even bothering?
    Im lazy yes ive checked all other sites i dont feel like buying a router i wanna connect to anther wireless router duh
    Well if the router isn't yours and under your control, then you really shouldn't be connecting to it anyways. And if it has encryption and/or MAC address filtering you're not getting in without the assistance (and blessing) of the person who does own and control it. That is, after all, the point of such security.

If the access point you want to connect to was indeed "open", welcoming anyone such as you to use it freely, then it'd be broadcasting its SSID and the Wii would pick it up automatically and there'd be no other settings you'd need. So you wouldn't be here asking questions.

If you're asking how to steal someone else's wireless without their permission, you'll find no help here.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If that "router" belongs to someone else, is not a designated Hot Spot, and using it without their permission, Is Illegal. Period.

Check my Profile for information on my PC Tech Support services.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Check my Blog for "Program of the Week" every Tuesday. Suggestions welcome, PM me.

Member #
    Friends

Hmph

idiot when did i ever say i was gonna hack someone.Besides if your not gonna help at all then dont post your shit here.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads