Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii in Qatar

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii in Qatar

Hi,

I was lucky enough to get a Nintendo Wii for Christmas from my wife.

I currently live in Qatar in the Middle East and have been trying to access the Wii Shopping Channel to get some classic virtual console games.

I am using a Wi-Fi connection and have followed the instructions that are on page 56 of the channels and settings manual.

It is finding the wireless access point, which is the same network that I use to connect to the internet with my PC. It then does a connection test, which says it succeeds in connecting.

It then offers to download the latest software. After a short wait it informs me that the latest software is already loaded.

When I go down and click on User Agreements (under Internet) it asks me if I want to use WiiConnect 24 and Wii Shop. I click on yes, it starts connecting then comes up with a message stating, "WiiConnect24 and Wii Shop Channel Services is not currently being offered".

I can't access the News or Weather channels either.

Am I doing something wrong or are the above services just not available in certain countries like Qatar?

Not sure whether it makes any difference but I have the American (NTSC Version)as opposed the the British PAL version.

If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Thanks

2. Ads

Ads