I know a lot of people that dont own their own internet, but they use wifi to leech off of unsecured networks (not illegal). So it may be hard for you to get your wii online. I'm gonna tell you what to do and how to get that wii online.
Wireless laptop(internal,or external), Desktop with wifi card or usb
1. Connect to a wireless access point, or unsecured network of your choice on you pc or laptop.
2. Connect one end of the cat5 cable to your lan port either on you laptop or pc.
3. Connect the other end to port 1-4 on your wireless router.
4. Power up your wireless router.
5. Goto network connections in windows xp, or network and sharing center in vista and click manage network connections.
6.Click and highlight Local area Network, hold control "ctl" and highlight your wireless network connection.
7. Right click Local area Network or Wireless network connection and click bridge connections.
8. Go power up your wii and goto wii options
9. Click wii settings
10. Click internet
11. Click Connection 1
12. Click Wireless
13. Click Search for access point
14. Find your router name and click it. It will then test the connection, and it should be successful.
Now you have access to the shop and the world wide web.
This works for most of my college buddies.
Goodluck have fun!!!!
Also if you dont have a wireless router I have 3 for sale, just hit me up!