LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by idjut
    if you are inexperieced with wireless encryption then stick with wep64 or wep128.

also, depending on the wireless brand and key-method stick with the following characters: abcdef0123456789
    type whatever you want, but pick from those characters, you can use the same characters if you want... write it down somewhere.

set it up on your router and KNOW wich letters are capitals and lowercase while you type it (make sure capslock is off)... perhaps test it on another PC (if you have a wireless PC). if successful then try it on your wii.

this is difficult to explain, without much of a description... i'm assuming that if you misconfigure your current setup that you won't get in trouble by a parent or another user...
    She is exactly right. Otherwise your doing somethingelse wrong. Stick to a 128wep key. Thw wii works with most routers, but other need to be tweaked. Also is you router a b/g or just b... I have problems with straight up b router in the past.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Turns out it was nothing to do with the security and more do to with the way my pc was originally configured to my modem and subsequently my router. My PC was configured to the wireless router using the IP from the modem i.e 82.<>.<>.<> when in fact it should have been 192.<>.<>.<>: the router.

Hence my Wii could not connect wireless since my laptop was already connected i.e two devices trying to use the modem's IP address at the same time.

Changed the configuration settings to allow for different devices to connect through the wireless router. If anyone else is experiencing similar problems, my router is a linksys WRT54GS - best calling the manufacturer directly.

Ads