LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

The worst "usernamer" HammerBro.'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1281-8803-8197-5231
    Quote Originally Posted by 0xPezZyx0
    thank u so much hammer bro im online and thankin u so much omg ur a bloody legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanxxx alot wooooohoooooooo u made my day yeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhh
    I never knew I made someone that happy. Well congrats. Have fun!
    All my online info is on my profile including Wii number, game friend codes, etc.

Member #
    Friends
    Ok, I've been having some trouble getting my Wii online.

When I go through the network setup, everything works fine, and the test connection goes through and lets me update my Wii. When I try to go to the shop or WiiConnect 24, it says I must verify the user agreements. When I go to do that, it tries to connect, but then gives me:

"Unable to connect to the Internet.
    Error Code: 220602"

I've tried putting it in on Nintendo's troubleshooting thing, and did everything it told me to, manually did the network settings, and still the same thing. I just can't figure out why the test connection works, but the user agreement part (the part that really matters... lol) doesn't.

I know I have some kind of Linksys wireless router, and that my router and cable modem are separate. I'll get back to you on what kind of router it is tomorrow... right now it's late. :P
    Edit: Just looked it up through my router settings page on my computer, and the router name is WRT54G.

Oh yeah, and when I tried to manually enter all of the network settings, I was on my laptop at the time looking up a fix for my problem. I apparently put in the same IP address as my laptop uses, because a balloon popped up and said something like "There is a conflict with another device on the IP", and my internet wouldn't work. When I cleared the wireless settings on the Wii, it worked.

And I have an Xbox 360 with a network adapter hooked up to it right next to my Wii, and I can connect to Xbox Live and play fine, and (obviously) my internet works... :P

Thank you for the help!
    Last edited by TheRooster; 03-20-2008 at 11:39 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2770-2242-9089-2654
    I had the exact same prob. and the exact same router. I also had trouble with wiiconnect 24. I started using the lan adapter and it started working. You should also try it.

SSBB code:4553-9644-8994
    Pm me if you want to add me. And prepare to lose!

If you need help getting wi-fi, PM me and I will try to help.

-[Join the Master Chief/Samus Fan Club]-

Member #
    Friends
    Is this the Lan adapter you were talking about? If it is, can you plug it into the computer? My wii is pretty much on the other side of the house as my router and modem, but my laptop is in the same room.

Thanks again.

Member #
    Friends
    2770-2242-9089-2654
    yes.but you plug that into your router. But you will need an ethernet cable.

SSBB code:4553-9644-8994
    Pm me if you want to add me. And prepare to lose!

If you need help getting wi-fi, PM me and I will try to help.

-[Join the Master Chief/Samus Fan Club]-

Member #
    Friends
    Hi Pro gamer,
    I have the internet but I have a router that has lots of wires.. I want to get a wireless router as this will make it easier to connect to the wii. Can you tell me if I need to get a specific wireless router as there are so many in the shops. can you help me pls Sammy77

Member #
    Friends
    Ah, ok thanks. I won't be able to use it then, because its a lot more than 6 feet from my Wii to my router.

Anything else I could do to fix it?
    And no, I can't move my router...

Thanks.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRooster
    Ah, ok thanks. I won't be able to use it then, because its a lot more than 6 feet from my Wii to my router
    Network cables can be run a lot more than 6 feet. A regular patch cable can be had at lengths of 50-100 feet and will often work fine. In the wall cable (different than the plug-in patch cables you buy) can be run for hundreds of feed but must be professionally terminated with wall jacks (which you'd then plug patch cords in at each end).
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Network cables can be run a lot more than 6 feet. A regular patch cable can be had at lengths of 50-100 feet and will often work fine. In the wall cable (different than the plug-in patch cables you buy) can be run for hundreds of feed but must be professionally terminated with wall jacks (which you'd then plug patch cords in at each end).
    Hehe, thanks. I guess I should re-word myself...

I could use the lan adapter if I got a longer cable, but I'd rather try using wireless first so there won't be a huge cable running through the house, or I won't have to put it through the attic. (In the middle of taking the carpet up, so I couldn't put it under that, lol.)

How much does a 50 foot patch cable cost?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRooster
    How much does a 50 foot patch cable cost?
    Heh, we're not going to do ALL your work for you.

Check NewEgg and Monoprice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads