LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2770-2242-9089-2654
    Try moving moving the router closer.

SSBB code:4553-9644-8994
    Pm me if you want to add me. And prepare to lose!

If you need help getting wi-fi, PM me and I will try to help.

-[Join the Master Chief/Samus Fan Club]-

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by pro gamer
    Try moving moving the router closer.
    As in moving it closer will fix the problem, or closer so I won't need to run the wire through the attic?

Haha, thanks, though.

Member #
    Friends
    2770-2242-9089-2654
    Yeah. what are you trying to connect?

SSBB code:4553-9644-8994
    Pm me if you want to add me. And prepare to lose!

If you need help getting wi-fi, PM me and I will try to help.

-[Join the Master Chief/Samus Fan Club]-

Member #
    Friends

Wireless connection

Hi all, I'm a Wii virgin so apologies if this is a really really basic question which has been covered already.

My laptop is wireless-compatible although I don't have a wireless network and so I get broadband through the cable from the modem.

My question is: since the laptop is wireless-compatible, can I therefore have a wireless connection to the Wii, despite the actual wall-to-computer connection being wired. I'd imagine there's no reason why not, but I want to make sure I buy the right accessories (and it'd be good not to have yet another lead across the room for me to fall over!)

Any advice on this, and then the next steps I need to takewould be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Andy

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    argh i just replaced my d-link router because it kept connecting to my wii for 10 seconds, then stop

now i got a linksys wireless router, and my wii detected the access point before, but now it won't......

the only thing i did was install nortan security, but i uninstalled it

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Norton (or anything else) installed on your PC has no role in whether your Wii can connect to your router. That's one of the points of getting a router: to take your PC out of the picture so you're not dependent on it (because we all know how dependable computers are).

If it worked once but then didn't without changing any settings, then you have a reception or interference problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    argh okay now it finds the access point but doesn't pass the connection test, with an error code 52032, it seems this error code is quite popular, but i still have yet to find a valid answer to help me out

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by some one from another forum
    To fix it, all I did was change my router security from WEP to WPA.
    how do i do this?, wait i igured out how to, now to see if it works

(please and thank you)
    Last edited by mushroomedmario; 03-25-2008 at 12:46 PM.

my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    argh okay now it finds the access point but doesn't pass the connection test, with an error code 52032, it seems this error code is quite popular, but i still have yet to find a valid answer to help me out
    What channel is your router set to?

How many other APs in your vicinity are on that channel?

What about the other 2 channels other than yours? How many APs are on those channels?

Do you have a 2.4GHz cordless phone or any other wireless gadgets/devices that could be operating in the 2.4GHz range?

How populated is your area? How close are your neighbors?
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    okay switching to wap didn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    What channel is your router set to?

How many other APs in your vicinity are on that channel?

What about the other 2 channels other than yours? How many APs are on those channels?

Do you have a 2.4GHz cordless phone or any other wireless gadgets/devices that could be operating in the 2.4GHz range?

How populated is your area? How close are your neighbors?
    alright you have to understand that i'm a complete idiot when it comes to wireless networking
    a)I don't know, how would i be able to figure this out?
    b) the router is just connected to my computer, nothing else(if this answers the question)
    c) what other 2 channels:S
    d) nope, all 5.8, or 6.0
    e) i don't know, decently populated, but my wii worked a while ago, so i doubt my neighbours networks are the problem

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    okay switching to wap didn't work
    WAP? Do you mean WEP? Or WPA? You don't want to use WEP, it's useless.

a) Anyone with a laptop should be able to tell you in about 30 seconds.

b) Actually it doesn't. There's still a high chance that you have an interference problem. To sort that out, we need to know how many other APs are out there and on which channels, to see if there's any hope.

c) The only channels you should be using are 1, 6, and 11. You can just randomly try the other 2 to see if you get an improvement. A site survey would be a safer way of knowing which channel is the least-crowded and will be most-dependable for you in the long term. If all are crowded, wifi is not for you.

e) It's not safe to assume. There's always a moment that things change from working to not working. You aren't in-control of your neighbors.

At one spot I used to pick up maybe 3-4 APs. At that same spot now, there are now over 20. Congestion leads to performance issues and can cause your problems. Don't guess or assume... do the investigating.

Ads