LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Help with updating please

Hello,

I've just managed to connect via my Livebox (thanks to the advice of a number of posters on this forum), but when I try and perform a system update nothing seems to happen. Eventually I get one of a range of 320.. error messages which, when you check them out on the Nintendo website, all say something along the lines of "The Wii console was unable to receive an update from Nintendo, due to a technical issue with our servers. Please try again later."

I've had a quick look at other threads on this forum that seem to be about similar problems but the answers are all very technical and I just don't understand them.

I'd be so grateful if someone could explain in simple terms what if anything I can do to get round this problem.

Thank you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebear View Post
    Hello,

I've just managed to connect via my Livebox (thanks to the advice of a number of posters on this forum), but when I try and perform a system update nothing seems to happen. Eventually I get one of a range of 320.. error messages which, when you check them out on the Nintendo website, all say something along the lines of "The Wii console was unable to receive an update from Nintendo, due to a technical issue with our servers. Please try again later."

I've had a quick look at other threads on this forum that seem to be about similar problems but the answers are all very technical and I just don't understand them.

I'd be so grateful if someone could explain in simple terms what if anything I can do to get round this problem.

Thank you.
    OK - your Wii is saying that you cannot receive an update, but is your Wii actually connected to the internet OK ?

Have you tried to download anything, say from the Wii Shop ? Try downloading BBC iPlayer, or the Internet Channel, if you have not already done so. Does that work OK ?

If you already have these - do they work ? Can you browse the web, or watch a BBC program ?

This will help to establish what the position is, so do let us know, so we can help further ...

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks. I will give that a shot. Appreciate your quick response. bp

Member #
    Friends
    hey people in here i need help talking to the people online on call of duty 4 for nintendo wii and suck i have wii speak,a headset,and all is there a way you can communicate with the people online in that game?if so please send me a message back to me on here ok.thanks

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bikertov View Post
    Hello,

Thank you.
    OK - your Wii is saying that you cannot receive an update, but is your Wii actually connected to the internet OK ?

Have you tried to download anything, say from the Wii Shop ? Try downloading BBC iPlayer, or the Internet Channel, if you have not already done so. Does that work OK ?

If you already have these - do they work ? Can you browse the web, or watch a BBC program ?

This will help to establish what the position is, so do let us know, so we can help further ...
    Hello again,

Nope - I don't think I'm connected to the internet because I can't download anything.

Katie

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bikertov View Post
    Hello,

Thank you.

Hello again,

Nope - I don't think I'm connected to the internet because I can't download anything.

Katie
    OK - so starting from the beginning, and forgive me if I sound simplistic !

You said
    I've just managed to connect via my Livebox
    ... so what makes you think that worked ?

Member #
    Friends
    Where do I go to set the DNS address? I am having problems enabling the Wii online connection.

Member #
    Friends
    4053-4019-7424-8561
    KatieBear, try going into your router settings and change the broadcasting channel of your router to 1 or 11.

Member #
    Friends
    Is there a way to set it from the Wii console; similar to setting the WiFi connection on a laptop where you can control the DNS address from the laptop and not the router.

Member #
    Friends

Complete novice

I am trying to connect my wii to the wireless router and have followed your instructions to the letter, but get code 51330...i then put MTU as 11 and then 1150 and now back to 0...nothing works...can you help please...and please dont be technical as i wont understand.
    Also this afternoon i tried to connect my Mums wii to her wireless router and we got the same codes...
    Thanks in advance
    Jayne

Ads