LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Nothing works....am taking my Wii back and get a refund..its ridiculous that you cannot get online and reading all the forums it seems hundreds have the same problem...its not worth the aggro

Member #
    Friends

bob hirst

I have a wii console which i want to connect to the internet via an O2 wireless router. I have followed the Wii isstructions but have failed to make connection. Returns an error message 52030.I have tried a number of times.Any ideas would be welcome.

Member #
    Friends

NHL 2K10 friends 86420 error

I am having difficulty connecting to a friend playing NHL 2K10. We can both connect to the internet. We have exchanged friend codes and can both see each other as online. Whenever either of us invites the other to play a game the other gets the invite and accepts. There is then a long pause while we wait for the game to start then we get the 86420 error which is a communication error. Has anyone experienced this and was able to remedy it? I have search everywhere for an answer but all I see is Nintendo recommending changing your Wii so it has a static IP. I am connecting to the internet OK so I can't see how this will help. If that is the answer then which one of us should change to a static IP, Me, my friend of both of us?

Member #
    Friends
    4470-1422-8188-7606
    Quote Originally Posted by amcnewman View Post
    I am having difficulty connecting to a friend playing NHL 2K10. We can both connect to the internet. We have exchanged friend codes and can both see each other as online. Whenever either of us invites the other to play a game the other gets the invite and accepts. There is then a long pause while we wait for the game to start then we get the 86420 error which is a communication error. Has anyone experienced this and was able to remedy it? I have search everywhere for an answer but all I see is Nintendo recommending changing your Wii so it has a static IP. I am connecting to the internet OK so I can't see how this will help. If that is the answer then which one of us should change to a static IP, Me, my friend of both of us?
    The Nintendo suggestion of changing to a static IP and forwarding all ports to the Wii is a stupid idea, don't do that. All you really need is to access the settings on your router and open the ports the Wii is using and forward them. On my router, I have ports 28910, 29900, 29901, and 29920 forwarding to the Wii and everything seems to work well. It is a somewhat complicated procedure, you should read the instructions for your router to learn how to do it.
    Official Video Recorder and Editor for the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. Brawl on WiiChat? Join the League now!

SSBB FC: 2105-8307-2555
    MKWii FC: 1547-5875-3678

Member #
    Friends
    Thank you I will let know how it works out.

Member #
    Friends
    Well no luck connecting yet. I have put my wii in the DMZ now and still no success.

Member #
    Friends
    I get to the place it asks for a password and I don't know where to find that. Help

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by pro gamer View Post
    If you have any questions on how to get your wii onlineline then ask me. I will be glad to answer them.
    how do i set the wii up to the internet

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pro gamer View Post
    If you have any questions on how to get your wii onlineline then ask me. I will be glad to answer them.
    how do i set the wii up to the internet
    Hi Jade, it is easy really ...

Firstly, I assume you have wireless internet. Then you can look at this Nintendo guide:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/...5.html?id=8001

You need to know if you have a security code/key to access the wireless. This will typically have a 16 digit code. Have this code to hand.

On the Wii Menu, select the 'Wii button' in the lower left corner.
    This will take you to the settings screen. On this screen, select 'Wii Settings'.
    In the 'Wii System Settings', select the blue arrow on the right to reach the second screen of options. On this screen, select the 'Internet' button.
    Select 'Connection Settings'.
    Select an open connection, indicated by 'None', as shown:
    Select 'Wireless Connection'.
    Select 'Search for an Access Point'.
    At this point, the Wii console will search for any identifiable Access Points nearby. Once this search has completed, you will be directed to choose the Access Point that you wish to connect to, as shown. Select 'OK' to display the list of available Access Points.
    Select your Access Point from the list of available Access Points.
    If your connection appears as a closed padlock, then the Access Point requires a security code or passphrase. The security code or passphrase can usually be found on the security tab of your wireless router settings.
    If your connection signal appears yellow or red, the stability or strength of the connection is not optimal. If possible, remove any obstacles between the Wii console and the Access Point. Changing the channel on your router to channel 1 or channel 11 can sometimes help with signal stability and strength.
    Select 'Save' followed by 'OK' to save your connection settings...
    ...and select 'OK' again to start an automatic connection test.

That should be it !

You can then set up an account in the Wii Shop channel, and download new channels free of charge (such as the BBC iPlayer and Internet), or download games (these 'cost' Wii Points)

Let us know how you get on !

Bikertov
    Last edited by bikertov; 01-24-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Hi. I hope you can help.
    I have 2 Wii consoles in my home. The first i've set up and connected to the WiFi router no problem. The 2nd which i've just bought won't connect even though the settings on everything, router and the 2 Wii's, are identical. Both consoles were
    pre-owned so are a year or so old. I'm really stuck. If I change any settings on the router then the first console may stop working. Any ideas?

Ads