LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I have a question, Pro gamer. What I have is a NON wireless router and a NON wireless modem, the ethernet cable is technically hooked up to my sisters computer, where I am leeching the internet through a wall and into the back of my computer via one of those blue internet cables.

My question is (since I don't have wireless) what product/cable do I need to buy to get Brawl working on line? My buddies told me that I need to purchase some adapter if I don't have wireless, but I have yet to find such a product.

If you wouldn't mind, could you find me a link to a product that I need?

Thanks I'll answer any questions you have, too.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgertoot
    I have a question, Pro gamer. What I have is a NON wireless router and a NON wireless modem, the ethernet cable is technically hooked up to my sisters computer, where I am leeching the internet through a wall and into the back of my computer via one of those blue internet cables.

My question is (since I don't have wireless) what product/cable do I need to buy to get Brawl working on line? My buddies told me that I need to purchase some adapter if I don't have wireless, but I have yet to find such a product.

If you wouldn't mind, could you find me a link to a product that I need?
    You don't need wireless to get online. If you've got a wired connection, all you need is the USB LAN adapter for the Wii.

There are several manufacturers:
    http://www.colordrives.com/wii-network-cable.html
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MXDT80
    http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=17881
    http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=861132

Blame Nintendo for bastardizing the usage of "wifi" instead of "online". They're trying to make wifi=online when it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I have a USB to Ethernet adapter compatable with Wii, but I was wondering, do I actually have to get like a wired router LAN thing? I'm kind of a noob at this so I thought I could just shoot an ethernet cable directly from my modem to the adapter to the Wii, but it didn't work.

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    did you reboot the modem? sometimes it want's to check a new mac address of what's connected to it

don't ask what a mac is

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    I shouldn't have said "modem". Let me be more accurate, I'm in a dorm, and there is a box on the wall with two ethernet plugins. I just used my adapter to stick my Wii into that. Should I get a router, plug it into the wall, and then do it? I just didn't know if that would solve things, or if it just wasn't gonna work.
    The error is 52220.
    Last edited by Ronis; 03-11-2008 at 09:15 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronis
    I shouldn't have said "modem". Let me be more accurate, I'm in a dorm, and there is a box on the wall with two ethernet plugins. I just used my adapter to stick my Wii into that. Should I get a router, plug it into the wall, and then do it? I just didn't know if that would solve things, or if it just wasn't gonna work.
    In that situation you shouldn't need a router.

Using correct terminology is critical for you to get accurate, efficient help.

The error is 52220.
    http://www.wiierrorcodes.com/
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I checked out the error code. It appears to be a problem with the security settings of my ISP, which is the school. Not sure how to get around that unless I can somehow send internet to the Wii through my computer that is securely logged onto the internet.

Member #
    Friends
    6403-0642-6202-5039
    Ok. I purchased the USB wifi adaptor this morning. Got home and when halfway through it said Internet Sharing Error (6). I have read the post below about going onto your internet options and ticking all the boxes which i have done. I have tried again but still it comes up. What do i need to do?

I have Windows Vista so naturally i went onto the nintendo website and downloaded v1.06.

Someone please help

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDave
    Someone please help
    Step 1: Start your own thread for your problem if you want help. Don't hijack someone else's thread.

Member #
    Friends
    2770-2242-9089-2654
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDave
    Ok. I purchased the USB wifi adaptor this morning. Got home and when halfway through it said Internet Sharing Error (6). I have read the post below about going onto your internet options and ticking all the boxes which i have done. I have tried again but still it comes up. What do i need to do?

I have Windows Vista so naturally i went onto the nintendo website and downloaded v1.06.

Someone please help
    you should get the lan adapter. it works for me.

SSBB code:4553-9644-8994
    Pm me if you want to add me. And prepare to lose!

If you need help getting wi-fi, PM me and I will try to help.

-[Join the Master Chief/Samus Fan Club]-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Ads