LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Finally fixed my problem was going to post but I was busy finding the problem

I got the same error and all i had to do was allow my router to accept the Wii's mac address (via the system information). Type it in the filter thingy or allow it and w00t! Tried the connection on the Wii, then Boom! Wii shoppping channel! Have you tried the Mac address thingy?

Member #
    Friends
    7776-3616-3352-5689
    I had a problem the first time but I tried it again and it worked

Wii friend code -7776 3616 3352 5689 Nickname - Wiiboy93
    PM me if you want to add me
    Xbox Live Gamertag - ChEeSeYmOnKeY31
    Thanks Wiired for the awesome sig

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    ive got error 51330 also. ive tryed EVERYTHING. i changed the WEP, tryed diffrent securaty, put the MAC address in the trusted list, turned MAC filtering off, manuel connect, turbo mode (not sure what it does but it has the word turbo lol) turning the securaty compleatly off and nothing. it wont work at all. it finds the router and accepts the WEP key when i type it in but it wont connect to the net. so frusterating!

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver

I got the same error and all i had to do was allow my router to accept the Wii's mac address (via the system information). Type it in the filter thingy or allow it and w00t! Tried the connection on the Wii, then Boom! Wii shoppping channel! Have you tried the Mac address thingy?
    can you go more into detail on how to do this?

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    IM FINALY CONNECTED!!! i had to reset my modem to factory settings and then i kept messing with the settings untill i finaly got it to work! w00t! my router kinda sucks and the signal is kinda weak even though it is only like 20 feet away with 2 walls between the router and the wii lol.

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0061-5695-7775-8491
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver

I was going to try that! I just couldnt figure out the IP address of the Wii. the MAC address is listed in console info, but not the IP. Where can I find it??

Member #
    Friends
    What I mean is, on the Wii in the settings for connection, It has settings for "Other/advanced settings" and it will let you enter numbers for IP address, Gateway, and Subnet mask. I will give you an example of my own router. I use a Dlink router. On one of my home computers that runs windows XP, I go to start -> run -> and type in "cmd" and click ok, I then get the black dos prompt. I type in on that prompt "ipconfig" and I see that my home pc has an IP address of 192.168.0.103 a gateway of 192.168.0.1 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. All of the devices on my home wireless network will be using Ip's that start at 192.168.0.101 and go up from there. I have lets say 4 devices that use my wireless network. So to be safe, I will use a number higher then 4 I will use 11. So My Wii's IP I set to 192.168.0.111 so that it will be higher then all the other device's on my network so it will not conflict with them. I keep the subnet mask the same as 255.255.255.0, and for the gateway (the wii menu calls it router address I think, router, gateway, samething) I put in 192.168.0.1 and then for DNS I put 192.168.0.1 because I want my router to handle the DNS requests. You can also do an "ipconfig /all" on your computer to see your DNS servers there and use those, or you can call your ISP (internet service provider) and ask what DNS servers you should be using. I'm not sure if this is working for everyone with error 51330 but it is what has worked for me so I thought I'd share it. Also I saw that there was a tip from the forum admin about the slow updating once connected on the Wii and that it may be due to other wireless routers near your home from maybe your neighbors using the same wireless channel that your router is using. The default channel is supposedly 6 and lo and behold my router is set to 6 also. So when I get home (im at work right now and I am wanting to play my wii so bad atm, lol) I am going to try changing the channel of my router too. I hope it helps, because the waiting for two hours for the updates and the wii shop channel I can't even get into really frustrates me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool
    Hello everyone this is my first post so greetings.

I am not that very techy so bluraven or anyone else, if you could elaborate more please.
    FYI, I got the same error, tried manually but then got error 52130. I can't look up this code on the nintendo website so I don't know what it means (same goes for the 51330 error).

I use Linksys.
    I think I found an unuse IP address but it was under the heading local network, not router.

I found 2 different subnet mask (again one under the local network header the other under router)

is default router the same as default gateway?

is Primary and Secondary DNS the same as DNS 1 and 2?

thank you everyone

Member #
    Friends
    2904-8398-4027-1949
    Thank you Bluraven!!!!!

it took me a while to still get connected. A problem I had was for the security part WAP, WEP etc,.... A tip for others you have to log on and pull up you router info. Go to for Linksys users, go to the wireless tab and then wireless security. You can figure out your security and the code key you need. You do have to enter it which i didn't know.

during my process i did have 2 error codes show up 51330 and 52130. I had problems enter the code in to find out what they mean. The go button didn't work and if i pressed enter instead it would just refresh the page. So i went to the top of the screen and did a search withing the Nintendo website, but change where to look to from "games" to "customer service". For a shortcut

51330: | Nintendo - Customer Service | Wii | Error Codes 51300-51399

52130: | Nintendo - Customer Service | Wii | Error Codes 52100-52199

i got a little frustrated at first but after reading bleraven's post and going to the nintendo site i got it connected.

thanks again

oldschool
    Last edited by oldschool; 11-27-2006 at 10:41 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I just got mine working after getting the 51330 error. I have a netgear router. I connected my router via wire to the computer (it did not work if I had it wirelessly connected). Then open up internet explorer (for some reason firefox would not work).
    I then typed in "www.routerlogin.net" . This connects you to your router settings.
    Type in "admin" for your username
    Type in "password" for your password
    I then go into the wireless settings and changed wireless network mode from "g only" to "g and b"
    On the very bottom of the page hit "apply" and this fixed the problems for me.

Good luck to everyone else.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by badkray
    I just got mine working after getting the 51330 error. I have a netgear router. I connected my router via wire to the computer (it did not work if I had it wirelessly connected). Then open up internet explorer (for some reason firefox would not work).
    I then typed in "www.routerlogin.net" . This connects you to your router settings.
    Type in "admin" for your username
    Type in "password" for your password
    I then go into the wireless settings and changed wireless network mode from "g only" to "g and b"
    On the very bottom of the page hit "apply" and this fixed the problems for me.

Good luck to everyone else.

^^^
    THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

I've been trying to get it to work for the last week, and i tried what you posted and it worked in no time.

Ads