Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i did that ip config thing and it says the 192 ect thing

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    i got it to work(somehow,i really dont know how it worked,it just suddenly works,and faster than it has ever been in the time that it has run)

the question now is-how do i add stuff like photos,game saves, ect to the wii,i know that in order to get GAMES i have to buy it at the wii shop but how do i upload stuff like photos and game saves?

Member #
    Friends
    1265-0668-2646-9020
    My wii also does this with the wireless connection. Sometimes it boots up ok and starts, and i can do online things. Then others, itr just wont work, or will work to start, then when i try and go into the wii shop it wont work again.

I literally have my laptop right next to my wii to try and make the signal stronger, but it doesnt work. It would be a bummer for online play, as it will probably just cut out all thetime.

Anyone else have this prob? How do you get your wireless to work constantly without failing all the time?

Also, when it loses connection sometimes, it freezes my whole laptop, and i have toswtich it off to get it going again.

Member #
    Friends
    1265-0668-2646-9020
    I just did the cmd promt thing suggussted above, and my ip address isnt set to what is advised. How do i change it to the one thats good for the wii?

That might be my problem.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by torontowii
    i got it to work(somehow,i really dont know how it worked,it just suddenly works,and faster than it has ever been in the time that it has run)
    Nice one!

the question now is-how do i add stuff like photos,game saves, ect to the wii,i know that in order to get GAMES i have to buy it at the wii shop but how do i upload stuff like photos and game saves?
    You gotta get yourself a SD memory card. Photos can be viewed if they are held on a SD Memory card. The card is inserted into the Wii and it reads them. Remember to download the photo channel thingy first from the Wii shop channel...it's free btw.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidopc
    I just did the cmd promt thing suggussted above, and my ip address isnt set to what is advised. How do i change it to the one thats good for the wii?

That might be my problem.
    I'm guessing that your Wii connects to the Net/Shop channel when your laptop isn't switched on. That's the only reason I can think of why it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't...if you're saying your wireless configuration isn't set up using the router IP of 192.168.<>.<>. Sounds like, as I mentioned above somewhere, that it's configured using your ISP's IP address...this will cause problems when trying to access the Net from the Wii..again I'm only guessing since I can't see it.

To be honest tho, it would be best that you call the manufacturer of your router to take you through the steps involved. It's fairly simple, and it would be quicker than talking you through it on here. Just tell 'em your problem and that your wireless setup isn't configured through the router.

Just out of interest...what is the first numbers shown under your Local Area connections then, when you do an IP config? i.e. <1st>.<2nd>.<3rd>.<4th>.

Member #
    Friends
    what about getting game saves(or online roster updates if avaliable) how do i do that?

Member #
    Friends
    what about getting game saves(or online roster updates if avaliable) how do i do that?
    As far as game saves go; have read over pages 35 to 37 in your operations manual to bring yourself up to speed..it's all in there.

Not sure about the roster updates tho....find a way for the game to update itself through the wireless connection.

Member #
    Friends
    yo i got the same thing, when i search for a point i get one then when i tests the connection it messes up?!?

Ads