Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    The worst "usernamer" HammerBro.'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1281-8803-8197-5231

This question may look like duh, but...

I have a Belkin wireless router. I also have a modem inside my mom's closet that connects each room in my house that has an ethernet port to high-speed internet. The router is behind 4 thick walls with a cordless phone in the living room (I don't think it interferes with the router). I have no where else to put the router closer to the Wii. When I play SSBB online, the game lags into the deepest freeze of it's life.

My local GameStop has a Wii LAN Adapter in stock for $30. If I got this, do you think I will receive less lag and better time playing online? It would be a wired connection.
    All my online info is on my profile including Wii number, game friend codes, etc.

2. Ads

Is mayo an instrument? Axl Rose's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    maybe. just go to gamestop and buy it and see what happens

LISTEN TO

Member #
    Friends
    8485-7928-2230-8792
    I'm sure it would be better, unless the lag you receive is caused by the other party being on a crappy connection.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    SSBB just came out and people are flooding the servers. Your lag could just be caused by this initial spike of popularity.

It could also just be your internet connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

The worst "usernamer" HammerBro.'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1281-8803-8197-5231
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    SSBB just came out and people are flooding the servers. Your lag could just be caused by this initial spike of popularity.

It could also just be your internet connection.
    Ok thanks for clearing that up. You saved me $30 from buying something I didn't need.

Speaking of buying something I don't need, I feel very stupid right now. 2 months ago, I bought the crappy Belkin router because it was all I could afford. Now, just out of the blue in my mom's closet in the little network area (where all the main cords and the router is), I see...
    Spoiler Alert!
    All my online info is on my profile including Wii number, game friend codes, etc.

Ads