LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

help with WOW Please.

I just got the wii online and decided to try out CoD but when I try to play it tells me "this profile can't play online" So what am I doing wrong? Do you have to progress so far into the campaign mode first?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1987 View Post
    I just got the wii online and decided to try out CoD but when I try to play it tells me "this profile can't play online" So what am I doing wrong? Do you have to progress so far into the campaign mode first?
    Usually it means someone else already is online using the same profile name. Try a different profile name and it should work (as long as it's not taken!)

Member #
    Friends
    Ha, that never even occurred to me. I'm surprised that name would be taken but I'll try another one tonight. Thanks for the help.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    If you just throw a couple of numbers and symbols behind the name you desire then you can get it through.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Well that didn't work. I changed names and even just typed in random letters. Any other suggestions?

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Well that didn't work. I changed names and even just typed in random letters. Any other suggestions?
    Not sure what else would cause this. I had the message when I first tried to get online back in October, but it was the profile name issue. I chose a different name, and voila.

Maybe keep trying different, creative names, as there are now quite a few people online, and many are probably setting up multiple profiles. Good luck, and I hope that you can get online!

Member #
    Friends
    so I typed in qscft7 and got the same message then qscft71 and still the same. I just don't believe it is the username. Some one mind trying this username and seeing what happens?

I think it has something to do with parental restrictions. I tried to get online with mario cart and it said something about being restricted. Problem is I can't find where to turn the restrictions off at.
    Last edited by Gman1987; 01-27-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Got it working last night. It was the parental controls. I had to clear them before I could get in. Surely there is a way to suspend them while you play and then turn them back on when done.

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Got it working last night. It was the parental controls. I had to clear them before I could get in. Surely there is a way to suspend them while you play and then turn them back on when done.
    Not sure about any 'automated' parental control option. I'm glad you were at least able to isolate and resolve the problem and get online!

Ads