LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Japanese wii to American internet question

When I was living in Japan, I bought a Japanese wii. Before returning, I asked Nintendo of Japan and America about connecting my Wii to the internet in America. Unfortunately, Nintendo gave me some vague and stupid answer that really amounted to "Well, if you bring your Japanese Wii to America, you won't be able to play American games because of region encoding, and also the language is different on theWii" and I was like no shit, and also that is so not what I asked.

Well anyways, I poked around on the tubes and couldn't find anything helpful for me. So ... my question is this: can I connect my Japanese Wii to the internet and download updates? Or will it go crazy and brick because Nintendo has done something very silly with their networks? At the very least, I'm hoping to harass my friends with my frightening beautiful Miis.

My Wii is unmodded, which does indeedy make a difference. Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Member #
    Friends
    i think it shuld work but im no expert =P so dun trust wat i say but it shuld
    CoD 5 FC:1032-5965-7744

Wii#:7474-6009-8940-9159 add my wii # and invite me to add u on Conduit and ill accept just pm me ur wii #

Pm me ur FC and/or wii # when u add me so i can also add u

Member #
    Friends
    Um....that's not really what I'm going for. Anyone with experience would probably be the most helpful

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Connecting to the internet shouldn't be a problem. I would think you'd have PAL/NTSC issues though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not worried about PAL/NTSC woes. Region encoding is stupid. But I'm hoping to download updates, especially to get the SD memory management thing they added a few months back. Would be nice to get my pictures off...heh ^^;

Ads