Setting up Wii:
1) Go to Wii Settings.
2) Click on Internet.
3) Click on Connection Settings.
4) Click your Connection and method of connection.
5) Click on Manual setup.
6) If wireless then enter or select your SSID and enter your wep/wap key.
7) At the Auto-Obtain IP address select NO and then Advance Settings.
8) Enter the following:
DNS: Primary 18.104.22.168, Secondary 22.214.171.124
9) Click Save and then OK.
10) Test Connection.
Try this first before we get to the router setup. What model Netgear do you have? Please list full model number with version.
^ Thanks dude, the little setup you gave me worked great, still kinda hard to get Youtube running properly but when the videos aren't slow or choppy anymore . Have yet to check out the online on SSBB but I'm sure it'll be better now. Again thanks and hope people with the same problem I had see your post.
To further improve your connection you'll want to put your Wii on the DMZ within your router.
List your router model number and also include what version it is.
Use a computer that is connected to your network.
1) Open your browser and type in 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
2) Enter user and password (default is user: admin and password: password)
3) Under advance select WAN Setup.
4) Type in the Wii IP address 192.168.1.10 in the DMZ.
5) Check the box on Default DMZ Server, and click apply.
Your all done. Hope this helps as my memory of the Netgear router is vague.
Let me know if this helps.