Yeh, there are tons of messages like this all over forums.nintendo.com. However, there are at least 4 different versions of the BEFW11S4. Mine is a v2 and I'm wondering if anyone else is able to successfully connect. I'm able to connect with my DS and various laptops. I've never had trouble connecting anything to this router before. Also, I'm an IT professional and fairly familiar with these things so I've tried EVERYTHING I could think of and everything suggested here on the forums
- Changing the router channels
- I'm already on the latest firmware (v 1.45.10 for my router)
- Reset the router to factory settings
- Powered off the router
- Set up the Wii manually with all of the correct settings for IP, subnet, gateway, dns, etc.
I think one of the root problems here is that the error messages tell us nothing and they do not differentiate between the individual messages on the support site. It gives broad suggestions for ranges of error codes. Grrrrr!
I've seen my Wii get an IP address--it shows up in the DHCP table, but I cannot get past those errors (51330, 51331, 52130, 52230)! This all happpened last night so I'm HOPING that something on Nintendo's side was down. However, it would be nice to know if I am getting to the internet but not connecting to the server or if I am never getting to the internet. I think I got to the internet at least once because the 52230 specifically said I was unable to connect to the server, whereas the other errors mentioned not being able to connect to the internet. However, there was no rhyme or reason why it would've worked THAT time and no other times.
So my ultimate questions are:
1) Is anyone connecting using a BEFW11S4 v2 (this is printed on the bottom of the router) with firmware version 1.45.10?
2) If so, did you have to do anything special?
3) Can anyone decode any of the error messages above?