LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Routers

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hey I am in the same predicament I have a belkin no good wi Wii and I will be getting a PS3 and hope to have a router thats compatible with both I would liek to hear what you are using

Member #
    Friends
    what passkey did u use is it a default one, this is the exact router i have the wifi website says its not compatible period,

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    NetGear WPN802 RangeMax Wireless Access Point works perfectly fine, with WPA-PSK [TKIP] enabled. Newest firmware is installed.

Member #
    Friends
    I got TRENDnet TEW 432BRP, but i don't have a wii
    I'll come back when i get a wii and tell u if it works
    I GOT A WII!!Feb 10th
    Proud Owner Of:
    Wii (IN HD WOOT!) Madden 07, Extra Controller and Nunchuck, Wii sports, COD3, Borrowing Zelda from friend, SSX Blur, Raymond Raving Rabbids

Member #
    Friends

Wow Good On Belkin

As previously discussed I was miffed at Belkin re the incompatible router, I sent an email to them and told them the whole story, and that the belkin router lights were going orange and dropping out, without a blink the tecco at belkin asked for my address and he is sending me out a brand new version F5D7230-4 version au6000 no questions asked, fingers crossed that this one is compatible with Wii. I also borrowed as Dlink DGL 4300 an expensive gaming router works good with both Wii and DS but can only get a max of 2 bars on the Wii even though its only a small house with wooden floors approx 15 feet from router to wii up stairs and down. Also have a friend who has an Apple Airport Express works fine with both Wii and Ds, and another friend who uses a Nintendo Wifi USB Connector which works in his house from upstairs at the computer to down in the living room for both Wii and DS. The USB connector is $50 Aud and the Airport Express is 99Aud the Dlink was $299 and the Belkin $139 (btw I am in Sydney Australia)

Member #
    Friends
    me too I will also be getting PS3 and just now managing to get the Wii sorted. I had the belkin version au 4000 and its not compatible as posted I wrote to Belkin at the email address on their website and well surprise they are sending me a new Belkin version 6000 i have no idea if it works I will let you all know next week, see other posts re dlink dgl 4300, airport express and the nintendo usb connector, let me know how u go getting a router thats compatible with both Nintendo and PS3

Member #
    Friends
    ahem why do you have your router in the basement with the boiler, might work better plugged into the computer, are you the evil twin and they keep you in the basement, lol

Member #
    Friends
    0880-1862-1718-9110
    know theres been lots of threads, but ive tried following some of it and it just aint working.and whats really annoying me is, i had it working as soon as i got it, for a gd week or two, then my computer well turned off.(i never turn my computer off) and since then i cant get it working. the status of the wifi dongle is currently "acquiring network address" and basically not doing anything at all! i have tried sharing my local area connection 3(which is my USB cable modemNDIS5) with my wireless connection. and ive allowed my wirelss to share with other connections! basically, all im getting on my taskbar on the bottom right, is a light great computer screen with a light grey cross next to it, and when i scroll over it, it says "local area connection 4-a network cable is unplugged"-even though i dont use that connection? and my wireless zd lan tool is set on access point mode. and my bridge adapter is set to my usb cable modem! i have been at this for HOURS and its doing my head in completely, and i know when i have had pc problems in the past, you guys have helped me successfully every single time. even for just the likes of installing new graphics cards, and recommending things and such! please help guys! would be most appreciated! and one day i will return the favour.( when im abit more knowledgable) cheers. oh and also on my zd lan tool, it use to say something(when it was working)under the connection status list which is under the station mac address. but now there is nothing!

Member #
    Friends
    It's in the basement (The Actiontec router) because that's where Verizon ran in the FIOS cabling and attached the boxes. My original set-up, done almost 6 months before we had a Wii and before I knew that the Belkin router would be incompatable, was to leave the actiontec in the basement next to the inputs and run a Cat-5 through the walls to the second floor where the Belkin was already running wonderfully as a WiFi hub for our old DSL network. It gave me a 3 to 4 bar signal throughout the 2nd floor and a 2 bar to the first (and almost nothing outside, a plus as far as I'm concerned since it makes it harder to try and hack into the network). That being done I wasn't going to get a third router for just the Wii. I could connect to the Actiontec w/o any difficulty but the weakness of the signal gave dropout and 'cannot connect' problems.
    Last edited by Dr. Mom; 02-05-2007 at 05:51 AM.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons.
    Remember, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    So will a Linksys WRT54GC work? Cuz I just bought a brand new one on eBay for 35 dollars total. Is that a good deal and please let me know if it will work alright. Do I need to get Firmware upgrades for it?

Ads