Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0266-0087-1243-3515
    Quote Originally Posted by ilcid
    Except that bluetooth devices (like the Wiimote) need to be paired with a single system before it would work. It MAY be possible to sniff out the bluetooth data without pairing with it, but it probably wouldn't be too reliable, as it probably wouldn't catch all the data.
    Yes, sniffing data would be required. It wouldn't be pretty, but what type of tunneling hacks of this type are?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by monksealpup
    Umm, I'm not sure why you are talking about it working with two Wii consoles at once. What pclapham proposed is POSSIBLE, in theory, assuming one worked out all the hacks and data manipulation and whatnot. I suppose a really dedicated group of individuals could make this work. Regardless, latency would be the biggest issue (hence my bringing it up), so this would be limited to turned base games such as bowling.
    Agree. It is possible because you can think of BTDougle+PC+Internet as a Wiimote. So, whatever you do on the Wiimote, you do it with PC (like pairing and syncing.) and you don't need that wiimote in the way at all.

The problem of latency is there, but I wouldn't be too scared, because it is the same issue with any online games. If people are already playing shooting games on internet using PC, I don't see why this approach cannot. Right?
    Last edited by duancg; 12-10-2006 at 07:02 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0266-0087-1243-3515
    Quote Originally Posted by duancg
    The problem of latency is there, but I wouldn't be too scared, because it is the same issue with any online games. If people are already playing shooting games on internet using PC, I don't see why this approach cannot. Right?
    The problem is those games are designed to be played on the Internet, so they are taking advantage of techniques to mitigate latency issues. Games that are not designed for this are making the assumption that the data will be there relatively immediately (e.g. Wii Sports: Tennis).

Member #
    Friends
    Did some research

It would not be a problem at all to have a blutooth device send instructions to the wii. The data is encrypted somewhat, so either A: break a wiimote and use the remote wii-motes mechanical-to-blutooth data, send it over internet, to the broken wii-mote and have that wii-mote send the data to the wii. this is possible. So in essence, that wii-mote would be recieving mechanical data, mimicking the motions of an arm or finger.

I did this with an old IR snes controller, diodes, wires and a breadboard + PC - wish i could find it now.

pssh forgot, or B: find a device that can emit blutooth data and emulate a wii-mote. Good luck with B.

Ads