LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Haha no that wasn't me. Although if I could, I would, haven't seen it and it looks funny, and if it didn't have the size limitation I can't say I wouldn't do it just because. I just watch most stuff on my computer since I don't have cable. It'd be dope to use my TV for more than video games though.

Member #
    Friends
    7368-8559-7526-8152
    Ah, I thought you must be away from your Wii to be e-mail it stuff, but now I get the impression that you don't have access to a compy with an SD card drive.

Member #
    Friends
    well you were right then and now. I was at work at the time, away from my Wii, and I also don't have an SD card/card reader. There's a combo 1 gig card/USB card reader at XS Cargo across town for 35 bones (canadian!) so I'm going to have to convince my girl we need one. Can you play videos off the card or do you need to copy it to the system first like with saves/vc games?

Member #
    Friends
    And for the record, you just straight up can not email yourself video clips. For the sake of experimentation, I attempted to send myself a 4 second clip of poor quality (for the low size) and the message just didn't show up, no error message from Nintendo, no message with an attachment it couldn't display, so I think it just blocks messages that won't work.

Member #
    Friends
    6278-1240-3243-3822
    Quote Originally Posted by jus.
    And for the record, you just straight up can not email yourself video clips. For the sake of experimentation, I attempted to send myself a 4 second clip of poor quality (for the low size) and the message just didn't show up, no error message from Nintendo, no message with an attachment it couldn't display, so I think it just blocks messages that won't work.
    Was the movie in Wii format? Thats to say did you run it through the Wii video program? It would end up in .AVI format.

-Bobby
    Search... Then Post.
    If I am Grey in your addess book PLEASE Let me Know!
    R.I.P. Digii - http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...igii-coma.html

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    You cannot open up a video file attachment with the wii period. Even in the correct format.

This should be expected.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    6278-1240-3243-3822
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    You cannot open up a video file attachment with the wii period. Even in the correct format.

This should be expected.
    Why would that be expected? This feature would make the message board better, why would we expect it NOT to be there?

Instead of assuming everyone will automatically know everything, how about being helpful and pointing out a source showing that you can not email videos to the Wii?

That would be helpful.

-Bobby
    Search... Then Post.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Your a moron for trying to email yourself a movie.
    Sorry bro, I guess everyone is a moron when compared to you!

Member #
    Friends
    vagrant's a pretty smart dude. a little short sometimes but he knows what he's talking about so I don't really mind the occasional harshness. I'm worse for it when discussing things i'm pretty knowledgable on.

My manual said it plays .MOV files so that's what I tried. I guess I could run it through the converter program but it's still not worth it at this point, I was looking for proof of concept moreso than anything else. It'd bog their servers down BIG TIME to have people emailing movies so I can see why they wouldn't allow it. It's common sense even. Still, common sense rarely stands in my way.

I made it a motion jpeg when i exported it and got no love, I'm not foxing with any further attempts, I'm just gonna pick up a goddam SD card/reader combo tonight. Or tomorrow. Soon.

I wish this thing would stream movies from my computer, that'd be the shit. Then I wouldn't have such a huge bone-on for the iTV. Still, an iTV+Wii is cheaper than PS3 for people who bought it mostly for it's high def video goodness and not it's fun games (because, at least for now, the only fun games you can play for it are for PS2/PS1 anyhow, except that demo racere with the tilt steering, that shit was FUN) *AND* smaller!

Member #
    Friends
    6278-1240-3243-3822
    Quote Originally Posted by jus.
    vagrant's a pretty smart dude. a little short sometimes but he knows what he's talking about so I don't really mind the occasional harshness. I'm worse for it when discussing things i'm pretty knowledgable on.
    Noted. Thx.

My manual said it plays .MOV files so that's what I tried. I guess I could run it through the converter program but it's still not worth it at this point, I was looking for proof of concept moreso than anything else. It'd bog their servers down BIG TIME to have people emailing movies so I can see why they wouldn't allow it. It's common sense even. Still, common sense rarely stands in my way.
    Yeah my Digicam outputs .MOV so I thought Wii would be abel to play straight from my SD, sadly no. Once ran through the Wii converter program they were .avi files and played flawless on the wii. the puzles are fun with videos.

I made it a motion jpeg when i exported it and got no love, I'm not foxing with any further attempts, I'm just gonna pick up a goddam SD card/reader combo tonight. Or tomorrow. Soon.
    Even once you put the movies on the SD card... it has to be in the correct format. The only movies I have been able to play are the ones ran through the converter. I have done that with both MOV and MPEG movies.

I wish this thing would stream movies from my computer, that'd be the shit. Then I wouldn't have such a huge bone-on for the iTV. Still, an iTV+Wii is cheaper than PS3 for people who bought it mostly for it's high def video goodness and not it's fun games (because, at least for now, the only fun games you can play for it are for PS2/PS1 anyhow, except that demo racere with the tilt steering, that shit was FUN) *AND* smaller!
    With the USB ports and time Im sure you will be able to stream from your computer onto your TV.

-Bobby
    Search... Then Post.

Ads