LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    got the SD card/card reader.

it's played everything I output from Quicktime Pro as a Motion Jpeg in quicktime ".mov" format. I only got a 512meg card though and these files are pretty big, I compress 'em a bit in quicktime but I'm still trying to find the best quality/size trade off. i'm glad they play from the card and I don't have to copy them first, I think I'll grab a 2 gig card later in the week maybe. I'm sure it works in any container format, as long as it's a motion jpeg. So that would include .mov's and .avi's, maybe more, not too sure. Maybe we should start a Wii Movie type thread or rename this one.

Member #
    Friends
    Hi i have a different problem emailing to my wii, i added my hotmail account to my wii then i replied to the email from my hotmail account, but i cannot send emails to my wii or from my wii!! I have sent a few from hotmail but they never seem to arrive and i cannot send them from my wii to hotmail as the send message bit is not clickable. I know this works as i have sent emails to my brothers hotmail account and have got replies any ideas????

Banned ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8263-8201-5467-9061
    Whats the size limit for SD cards?

The cards for my mobile phone only go up to 512mb

Member #
    Friends
    do you mean the biggest in general or the biggest which is know to work with wii? i have a 2GB which works fine on my wii, but the biggest sd card i could find was 8GB http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8GB-ADATA-SD-H...QQcmdZViewItem

Member #
    Friends
    before you can email to/from your wii you have to wait some sort of amount of time (it's not fixed, I've had it take 2ish and 30ish hours with my friends) before you'll be able.

2GB are supposedly the largest cards Wii will accept and NOT high speed ones. I've not tested or heard of anyone else doing this.

And 8GB are also the largest I've seen, must be the limit.

Now. Audio. In case you guys don't know, PCM uncompressed audio is freaking HUGE, I'm thinking in some cases, depending on how compressed your movie is(in quicktime the motion jpeg quality slider would be further to the left for more compression/less quality) your audio portion may be a much larger size than your video portion. AAC audio does not work. I haven't heard of the remaining codecs available to me so I'm not particularly eager to try them all. Does anyone have any experience getting audio from different codecs? MP3 maybe?

Member #
    Friends
    well i've waited 24 hours lol and still nothing!! i also emailed my friend and they got the email which says reply to this which they did but i can't click on there name to send an image. The only difference is that my brothers email account was hotmail.co.uk and mine is .com i doubt this would make a difference though so i'm stumped and annoyed lol

Member #
    Friends
    grayed out means it's not accepted on both sides yet... just keep waiting

Member #
    Friends
    what format do pictures have to be in to send them from your e-mail to your wii? I tried to e-mail a JPEG and Bitmap picture and they didn't show up in the Message Board section of the Picture Channel.

Member #
    Friends
    jpeg, under 1.5 meg, try to make it like 600k

Member #
    Friends
    so last night just before i was about to turn off my pc i thought i'll try and reply to the email the wii sends to your email account, this was like the 10th time i replied to it so i wrote "Oy nintendo sort it out and let me email my own account!!" so i turned off my pc and went to my room and what did i see?? thats right the wii flashing blue light it actually worked!! so if anyone has this problem bad mouth nintendo lol still not able to send mail to my friends account and they added me 24 hours but i added myself!! So today is pretty good day and the forecast channel is open 24 hours earlier

Ads