LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59
  1. #41
    ninja shady78's Avatar
    Member #
    5968
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    35
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3958-2417-7294-1122
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiLink
    looks like a petition to me
    Yeah, pay attention to the part (actually in the bit you quoted) where I say "It just seemed like an amusing format to forward my thoughts in", wise guy

    What that means is, it was written in the *style* of a petition, but is not actually a *real* petition.

  2. #42
    WiiChat Member WiiLink's Avatar
    Member #
    5465
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    123
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by shady78
    Yeah, pay attention to the part (actually in the bit you quoted) where I say "It just seemed like an amusing format to forward my thoughts in", wise guy

    What that means is, it was written in the *style* of a petition, but is not actually a *real* petition.
    no offense man but who does that? Does everything you think fall into the form of a petition? I guess I just don't understand why someone would write something in the style of a petition without it having the meaning of an actual petition. If you feel that strongly about it though, make it into a petition or send it to Nintendo as a suggestion. I still think it's too early to have any serious concerns or comments about how online will be used for games but since you seem to be upset with how it's used for mii's, I guess use one of the 2 options I stated above.

  3. #43
    ninja shady78's Avatar
    Member #
    5968
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    35
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3958-2417-7294-1122
    @Wiilink: None taken, and none meant here, but you are clearly entirely unfamiliar with concepts of creative writing. Who does that? Take a look around. Read stuff.

    If you read my initial post in this thread, I clearly state how useless I think petitions are with Nintendo, based on their past (non) reactions to petitions.

    Also, I don't think it's too early to discuss the Wii code implementation. I mean, we already have the product in our hands. The system is implemented. When are you supposed to talk about it? Once they've screwed up the actual online-gaming element as well? In any case, this *is* a forum about Wii Online, and this *is* a thread about the crappiness of the Wii code system, so I don't think discussion about that is out of place here.

  4. #44
    WiiChat Member WiiLink's Avatar
    Member #
    5465
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    123
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by shady78
    @Wiilink: None taken, and none meant here, but you are clearly entirely unfamiliar with concepts of creative writing. Who does that? Take a look around. Read stuff.

    If you read my initial post in this thread, I clearly state how useless I think petitions are with Nintendo, based on their past (non) reactions to petitions.

    Also, I don't think it's too early to discuss the Wii code implementation. I mean, we already have the product in our hands. The system is implemented. When are you supposed to talk about it? Once they've screwed up the actual online-gaming element as well? In any case, this *is* a forum about Wii Online, and this *is* a thread about the crappiness of the Wii code system, so I don't think discussion about that is out of place here.
    As far as talking go, this is a forum, people don't talk like that on forums. You can call it creative writing but unless you work for Nintendo or a gaming site, talking like that doesn't get you any further than just saying "I hate this, I hate that...", "I like this, I like that"...or "they should fix this or that"

    In my opinion, once more details are made available is the time to talk *more seriously* about it. I understand this is a forum, and it's meant to express opinions,but when someone writes a mock petition, and you have other people flipping out(look at the topic title), that's when I say to wait longer. The Wii is able to do update patches so anything that is 'screwed up' can always be fixed later.

  5. #45
    ninja shady78's Avatar
    Member #
    5968
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    35
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3958-2417-7294-1122
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiLink
    As far as talking go, this is a forum, people don't talk like that on forums. You can call it creative writing but unless you work for Nintendo or a gaming site, talking like that doesn't get you any further than just saying "I hate this, I hate that...", "I like this, I like that"...or "they should fix this or that"
    Ok. I hate you. You sound like a damn robot. Just kidding, just kidding. I am very sorry that you were so confused by my post. Unfortunately, I don't intend to stop posting in ways other than the options you have suggested above. Considering I've been online since 1993, I'm pretty comfortable with my 'posting to forums' capabilities. But thanks for the tip.

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiLink
    In my opinion, once more details are made available is the time to talk *more seriously* about it. ... The Wii is able to do update patches so anything that is 'screwed up' can always be fixed later.
    Do you think those updates will really happen if people don't voice their opinions over media such as forums/etc? I work in the web industry and I know for a fact that companies these days have drones scouring the web to soak in public opinion about their products. And like I said, if the Wii code is an allusion to how Nintendo is thinking about online connectivity, I certainly don't believe it's too early to complain.

  6. #46
    WiiChat Member WiiLink's Avatar
    Member #
    5465
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    123
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by shady78
    I work in the web industry and I know for a fact that companies these days have drones scouring the web to soak in public opinion about their products.
    If Nintendo was interested in the public opinon then why would they disregard suggestions you send them(like you stated before)

    When you have something that allows updates such as the Wii or a PC MMORPG game like WOW, they rely heavily on public opinion and can make those fixes through patches but, like you said, they have to get the opinion somehow. I just think that, if you feel so strongly about it, you might as well send it to them. You can post your opinion, that's what the forum is for mostly, but if you are going to write a formal letter like that, you might as well send it to Nintendo.

  7. #47
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by shady78
    That may or may not be true (specific details about in-game connectivity are scant), but I disagree with you on a more fundamental level. You (and some others in this thread) seem to have a very narrow view that online connectivity is merely for hooking up to play games.
    I think I have made it plenty clear on many a threads that I am an avid PC gamer. And PC gaming online is far better than xbox. So actually I have quite an astute idealism on online gaming.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  8. #48
    ninja shady78's Avatar
    Member #
    5968
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    35
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3958-2417-7294-1122
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiLink
    If Nintendo was interested in the public opinon then why would they disregard suggestions you send them(like you stated before)
    Interestingly enough, opinions posted in public places (like a forum) are more likely to catch a company's eye than individual messages to, say, their customer service depts. The difference is in the nature of discussion, context, etc. This didn't used to be so true, say, 10 years ago, but most companies are have become more internet savvy.

    And hey, maybe I will create a real petition later, but that wasn't really my intention.

  9. #49
    Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    5198
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TO
    Posts
    706
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Its free, so I rather have numbers than a Gametag if that saves me 50 bucks.
    The only thing I hate about the online is they need you to be able to talk to people on a Microphone besides that its great.
    -No External Links

  10. #50
    ninja shady78's Avatar
    Member #
    5968
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    35
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3958-2417-7294-1122
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    I think I have made it plenty clear on many a threads that I am an avid PC gamer. And PC gaming online is far better than xbox. So actually I have quite an astute idealism on online gaming.
    Er. My point there was that it is not just about the gaming itself, nor about whether you can hook up to play online games, although those items would certainly be improved by a better system. The deeper issue is really a social-networking usability aspect - the ability for the user community to connect with each other easily.

    Software coming out is tied to this functionality - for example, Mii, as I already mentioned, but also Elebits (exchanging maps, etc). So this system is already being used, and I'm pretty sure it will be relied on more and more in the future. And it's great, I like the concept - it opens a lot of new possibilities for online entertainment experience. But I hate the implementation. The implementation does not carry the concept. Wii is supposed to be targeted at a wide audience - this means it has to be easy and simple to use all features, including this connectivity system. Right now, that is not the case.

    Anyway, I play a lot of PC online too, but I've never used anything XBox. However, from what I've read and hear, they're doing exactly this. I don't know of any centralized PC platform upon which you can browse other users, add them, start gaming with them, etc. On PC, it's always specific to the game (WoW, Unreal, Need for Speed, etc.) - sometimes the implementations are nice, sometimes they're really crap.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. 10 Reasons Why Wii Ware Will Be Great
    By CantGetAWii in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 10:17 AM
  2. IGN Nintendo's Most Anticipated Games of 2008
    By vashivihan in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 04:29 PM
  3. The conspiracy?
    By yungblood6 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 04:50 PM
  4. What is Nintendo waiting for???
    By dedpoet777 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 09:16 PM
  5. Nintendo to announce Wii price and release date early?
    By gameking2006 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 02:09 AM