LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Although some people don't realise that those two countries are two of the main countries in the game industry... Plus the U.S is huge compared to any other country

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    UK,Australia,Europe Dont have Ps3s Yet, PSP sells the most in the UK ( from what i read ), those countrys will give sales a healthy boost come March.
    Near Future Wii Owner And Future PS3 owner.

Member #
    Friends
    I doubt it... if you lived in the UK, you'd know that most of the PS1/2 fanboys are actually dole-bound chavs, who really, really won't be able to afford a PS3 in the next year, and the reason they sell PSP's so much is because they're very, very cheap over here, and that they've been hacked to bits

*edit* put PS2 instead of PS3

Member #
    Friends
    Well Only Time will tell, if your right and with a world wide release of the ps3 resulting in still slow sales, i would suspect a huge price drop to match the xbox360, thats actually a great outcome for me. Heres hoping Lol.

Member #
    Friends
    Well if there was a price drop like that i would probably get one, just for the sake of it (gettign a job in the next week or two) but i doubt it'll happen, like i mentioned in one of the other threads i'm sure you've read, sony is losing a LOT of money on each PS3 sold, so a price drop for them would just be stupid, i think a pull from the market is more likely, with my limited experience in business, that is

Member #
    Friends
    In saying that,a price drop is not a good idea, Then the price thats so high for Ps3,to sony was only right buisness sence, but with a price drop,they could make up for the profit gains their not achieving, right now selling in the thousands,a price drop would probably bring the figure into the millions almost instantly, thats the most realistic slide of a console strategy as the millions shifted would add up more than the thousands,$$$ Wise,assuming.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Racer
    Apparently some people don't Realise thats only two countrys.
    Apparently some aussies don't realize that the U.S. and Japan make up most of all video game console sales.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    lmao, so the rest of the worlds combined hardware and software sales is nothing? , go check some figures on the PAL sales.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think that a price drop would make any sense at all, because then they would be losing nearly double what they are now, just to make the price acceptable, and for each one they sell now, they have to sell around 8-10 games for each system, just to break even, with a price drop, they would have to sell 16-20 games for each system sold just to break even, and considering a PS3 game is going to be around 50-60 each, because of the strange format of the disk, then with a price drop the comsumer would have to spend 800-1000 on games... could you see yourself, or anyone you know spending that much on games? i know i couldnt...

The most likely plan in case of failure if either an affiliation with another company, do a "SEGA", withdraw from the market entirely and stick to what they do best, or a complete redesign of the console itself, to offer a cheaper, more profitable way to play, which would probably mean either omitting the Blu-Ray drive, or reducing the processing power of the PS3, completely destroying the original reasons someone at this time would buy a PS3, and rendering all the old games/movies completely unusable with the new system, and potentially ending their life as a console maker anyway, because of those reasons.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Racer
    lmao, so the rest of the worlds combined hardware and software sales is nothing? , go check some figures on the PAL sales.
    If a system bombs in Japan and the U.S., it would take some spectacular sales elsewhere to make up for it.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Ads