LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm sorry but, your 18? Well I think its about time you learned a few home truths:
    1. Sony's only interested in your money? what do you think Nintendo is interested in? its all a mask mate, there both just big multinational companies interested in.....your money.
    2. If English is your first language then I pity you, if not then apologies.
    3. I would like to see your source as to why the PlayStation uses more electricity than the wii, which don't forget can be connected to the Internet 24hrs which (i suppose) uses up much more juice than a bit of PlayStation
    4. Could you explain 'because of the cell processor and blue ray---> have u ever think while playing a console game what kind of processor is in ur console???'

I'm not usually a rude person, but seeing this thread was unbelievable enough, but then to see people (well 1 person at least) replying with 'hehe good post' it just drove me over the edge

P.S I'm not at all defending Sony, i have a wii and will probably never get a 360, but fanboys like you give nintendo a bad name

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by rockkybox
    I'm sorry but, your 18? Well I think its about time you learned a few home truths:
    1. Sony's only interested in your money? what do you think Nintendo is interested in? its all a mask mate, there both just big multinational companies interested in.....your money.
    2. If English is your first language then I pity you, if not then apologies.
    3. I would like to see your source as to why the PlayStation uses more electricity than the wii, which don't forget can be connected to the Internet 24hrs which (i suppose) uses up much more juice than a bit of PlayStation
    4. Could you explain 'because of the cell processor and blue ray---> have u ever think while playing a console game what kind of processor is in ur console???'

I'm not usually a rude person, but seeing this thread was unbelievable enough, but then to see people (well 1 person at least) replying with 'hehe good post' it just drove me over the edge

P.S I'm not at all defending Sony, i have a wii and will probably never get a 360, but fanboys like you give nintendo a bad name
    It is a wide fact that the Wii is super efficient and uses an very low amount of electricity. Yes, even being connected to the internet...as if that would increase your electricity in some way. If you want a source, I'll let you use the magical search feature on this forum that most seem to ignore.

The wii on standby uses 10W, 17W when playing.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    It is a wide fact that the Wii is super efficient and uses an very low amount of electricity. Yes, even being connected to the internet...as if that would increase your electricity in some way. If you want a source, I'll let you use the magical search feature on this forum that most seem to ignore.

The wii on standby uses 10W, 17W when playing.

Well it could be said that im grasping at straws here but to put that into perspective, on standby the xbox 360 uses 2w so it all depends on how much you use it (as playing a game on the xbox uses a ridiculous amount of energy), to be honest the best solution is to unplug them both when your not using them, but yeah I have to say that 17w playing a game is very impressive, but there just should be an off button. Why do you think that being connected to the internet doesn’t use more electricity? Surely it means more hardware needed to keep it connected=more electricity use.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Well it could be said that im grasping at straws here but to put that into perspective, on standby the xbox 360 uses 2w so it all depends on how much you use it (as playing a game on the xbox uses a ridiculous amount of energy), to be honest the best solution is to unplug them both when your not using them, but yeah I have to say that 17w playing a game is very impressive, but there just should be an off button. Why do you think that being connected to the internet doesn’t use more electricity? Surely it means more hardware needed to keep it connected=more electricity use.
    - Power Supply.

And I am glad ou decided to google it, and as you can see there is a large difference. And I am not sure what you mean, because you don't have to have the system on standby with wiiconnect24 going. It is optional.

Perhaps you don't even have a wii?

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    yup but you cant turn it off standby without unplugging it, its connected to the internet or standby which i would say is a waste + do you still believe that being connected to the internet doesnt use any extra power?

but maybe im wrong, anyway im not sure why im getting aggro while people like the person who started this thread get away with 'good post'
    Last edited by rockkybox; 01-06-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    7272-1660-6088-7760
    Here go my 2cents. The only reason I choose Nintendo over Sony is because all in all...you're still sitting with a remote in your hand and using thumbs. The reason I bought a NintendoDS instead of a PSP is because of the touch screen. Sony and Microsoft haven't done it. Same reason I picked a Wii. I like new and revolutionary stuff. Yes, better graphics are nice...but sitting on the couch and using my thumbs has just lost it's flavor in my opinion.

Now with the Wii being more on the virtual reality line...that will push (hopefully) sony to make close to the same thing and with better graphics. When one company comes out with someone no one has tried before and people love it, that just pushes other companies to out eachother. Thus, more fun for all of us!

Wii Owner Since Nov 19! #1Wiitard's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I was a huge Sony fan, I owned the PS1, and then got the PS2 when it came out. But after I heard the PS3 was goin to be $600, I told Sony to F*** off in my own right and bought a Wii, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase!
    Wii Games To Date
    Wii Sports
    Call of Duty 3
    Rayman Raving Rabbids
    Madden 07

Member #
    Friends
    The thing about Nintendo is that they can actually afford to make that much money per console sold. If Sony upped the price of the PS3 they wouldn't sell very many. Trust me you make more money if you sell a lot of a cheaper product than a few of a more expensive product.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    yup but you cant turn it off standby without unplugging it, its connected to the internet or standby which i would say is a waste + do you still believe that being connected to the internet doesnt use any extra power?

but maybe im wrong, anyway im not sure why im getting aggro while people like the person who started this thread get away with 'good post'
    Yes, you are wrong. It takes like 15 seconds to turn off wiiconnect25, and that is all you have to do to prevent it from going to standby. And no, being connected to the internet doesn't use up extra power. Just because wiiconnect is going doesn't mean you are constantly sending and receiving data.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    no even with wiiconnect24 off, it still has the red standby LED on, try it sometime, you can also turn it on from the wiimotes in this standby mode, which means its bluetooth is still awake=standby

*clocks up imaginary point in the air*
    Last edited by rockkybox; 01-08-2007 at 04:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads