LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51
  1. #41
    WiiChat Member rockkybox's Avatar
    Member #
    1867
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    63
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Anytime a wii is plugged in it is on standby! you can turn it on from the wiimote, its on standby waiting for that signal, you have 2 options

    1. have wiiconnect24 ON which is standby

    2.Have wiiconnect 24 OFF, which is still standby, as you can turn it on from the wiimote therefore is it using up electricity waiting for that signal

    Are you not a networks engineer? isnt this kinda stuff second nature to you? or are u just so petty you cant admit your wrong?

  2. #42
    Wii & DFI acphydro's Avatar
    Member #
    11823
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    423
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Although I agree that the ps3 is an overpriced paperweight I'll be buying one for my desk as soon as Final Fantasy XIII nears release :]

    To me as is the general concensus here since it IS a nintendo forum nintendo does have all of the famous characters, however I do enjoy my share of a few sony games or games featured on the console. I owned an xbox360, flashed its firmware, played it for about a month and traded it for my Wii + Zelda. Extremely fair trade and I'm really glad I did it.

  3. #43
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by rockkybox
    Anytime a wii is plugged
    *whisper* you don't have to leave it plugged in.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  4. #44
    WiiChat Member rockkybox's Avatar
    Member #
    1867
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    63
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    *whisper* you don't have to leave it plugged in.
    oh cheers for that, but again, because you've embarrassed yourself, this is the only way you can try and cover it up, shall i get a quote from you from earlier in this thread?

    'It takes like 15 seconds to turn off wiiconnect25, and that is all you have to do to prevent it from going to standby'

    So are you backtracking now? Was that a typo? did you write 'turn off wiiconnect25' by mistake instead of 'unplug it'?

    I hope that all other 1,800 posts arent as ill-informed and childish, here's an idea for the new year, why don't you halve the amount of posts you make (trust me no-one will mind) but make them all intelligent?

  5. #45
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by rockkybox
    oh cheers for that, but again, because you've embarrassed yourself, this is the only way you can try and cover it up, shall i get a quote from you from earlier in this thread?

    'It takes like 15 seconds to turn off wiiconnect25, and that is all you have to do to prevent it from going to standby'

    So are you backtracking now? Was that a typo? did you write 'turn off wiiconnect25' by mistake instead of 'unplug it'?

    I hope that all other 1,800 posts arent as ill-informed and childish, here's an idea for the new year, why don't you halve the amount of posts you make (trust me no-one will mind) but make them all intelligent?
    Actually no, that post was made in mistake forgetting that it would just go to a red light. This being because i haven't had my wii for over a month now.

    And I wasn't trying to cover anything up. The whole thing was me just building it up, making you try to explain yourself, so I could just ultimately make your point null with a simple phrase. That being that you don't need to leave the wii plugged in. Because, you don't How can you make a justification that the wii will use more electricity than the 360 because the wii uses like 8 more watts of electricity when on standby. When you don't need to leave the consoles on standby.

    And to correct you once again, my posts didn't get ill-informed and childish until around the 1,200 mark.

    I'm sorry you came to a nintendo forum and it wasn't all fairies and fantasy like you had imagined.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  6. #46
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Actually no, that post was made in mistake forgetting that it would just go to a red light. This being because i haven't had my wii for over a month now.

    And I wasn't trying to cover anything up. The whole thing was me just building it up, making you try to explain yourself, so I could just ultimately make your point null with a simple phrase. That being that you don't need to leave the wii plugged in. Because, you don't How can you make a justification that the wii will use more electricity than the 360 because the wii uses like 8 more watts of electricity when on standby. When you don't need to leave the consoles on standby.

    And to correct you once again, my posts didn't get ill-informed and childish until around the 1,200 mark.

    I'm sorry you came to a nintendo forum and it wasn't all fairies and fantasy like you had imagined.
    somebody needs their own show...

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  7. #47
    Wii & DFI acphydro's Avatar
    Member #
    11823
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    423
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Actually no, that post was made in mistake forgetting that it would just go to a red light. This being because i haven't had my wii for over a month now.

    And I wasn't trying to cover anything up. The whole thing was me just building it up, making you try to explain yourself, so I could just ultimately make your point null with a simple phrase. That being that you don't need to leave the wii plugged in. Because, you don't How can you make a justification that the wii will use more electricity than the 360 because the wii uses like 8 more watts of electricity when on standby. When you don't need to leave the consoles on standby.

    And to correct you once again, my posts didn't get ill-informed and childish until around the 1,200 mark.

    I'm sorry you came to a nintendo forum and it wasn't all fairies and fantasy like you had imagined.


    Haha owned.

    But realistically 5w, 10w, 15w who cares its only 7.5cents per kw/h where I live. Its not that hard to unplug the damn thing either. I'm willing to bet that that xbox360 eats plenty more power during a hardcore gaming session than your Wii ever will ANYWAY. So he who moans about the Wii's power usage when not actually in use should maybe CONSIDER that their Xbox360s and PS3's use a HELL of a lot more power than the Wii ever will.

    Think about it realistically if the Wii eats 10w of power every hour its in standby and you multiply that by a month you get 300w, multiply that by a year you get 3600w. So about 25 cents where I live. Since we don't know ACTUAL power supply specs one could assume that the Wii uses at the most 250 watts of power during a game session and the PS3 and xbox360 use well over 350 at the least during a nice session, thus nullifying any point about the Wii using a small amount of wattage being plugged in and/or on standby.

    This is simple to figure out. My notebook PC uses 300w max at any given time during 100% load and my main pc uses around 550w at any given time during 100% load and upto 600w [that my PSU can handle continuously]. Wii know the Wii is much less powerful than the other 2 consoles therefore we can safely assume it uses much less power to do what it does. Know one has any actual proof of this but anyone that knows anything about power usage and thermals of electronic devices can roughly figure this out. The power the Wii uses on standby doesn't even compare to what the xbox360 or PS3 use under full load compared to the full load usage of the Wii.

    I strongly advise people to really think about what they are saying before posting and NOT thinking about other aspects of their opinions as this is what causes a flame. Use intelligence, be kind, be nice, respect others and yada yada yada.

    My analogy or statements may be flawed and im more than willing to hear the flaws and debate them. But unless you have REAL proof of your statements [anyone that wants to start something] then you are not necessarily right and should be open for debate and criticism.

  8. #48
    Error Getting Statistics E7ernal's Avatar
    Member #
    1689
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    727
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by c12h12r12i12s
    what sony has?? Grant Turisimo???????
    Who the **** is Grant Turismo?

    Strikers: 017280 524282

  9. #49
    Wii & DFI acphydro's Avatar
    Member #
    11823
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    423
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by E7ernal
    Who the **** is Grant Turismo?
    Some kind of racing game with an NBA superstar as the driver

  10. #50
    Banned Wii&Ps3's Avatar
    Member #
    12575
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    415
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by rockkybox
    oh cheers for that, but again, because you've embarrassed yourself, this is the only way you can try and cover it up, shall i get a quote from you from earlier in this thread?

    'It takes like 15 seconds to turn off wiiconnect25, and that is all you have to do to prevent it from going to standby'

    So are you backtracking now? Was that a typo? did you write 'turn off wiiconnect25' by mistake instead of 'unplug it'?

    I hope that all other 1,800 posts arent as ill-informed and childish, here's an idea for the new year, why don't you halve the amount of posts you make (trust me no-one will mind) but make them all intelligent?
    I guess im not the only one who noticed.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. top 5 reasons why you want it (no spoilers)
    By mushroomedmario in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 05:00 PM
  2. Top 5 Reasons Ssbb May Suck
    By phillepino in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
  3. Specifically what nintendo is rivalling, top reasons to buy a ps3
    By darthbeaverxp in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 02:27 AM
  4. Reasons to get a wii
    By darthbeaverxp in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 09:48 AM

Search tags for this page

wiiconnect25 turned off on

Click on a term to search for related topics.