Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    You could buy a Chevy Aveo for cheap and it's different than other cars on the market...so why aren't Aveos dominating in sales?

Low cost and unique play are not the driving force behind Wii's success...it's the fun factor. I, like many gamers with jobs, could afford any of the three newest systems. I chose Wii because it was fun to play...something I hadn't felt about a console since SNES.

PS3 has it's strengths, there's nothing wrong with the system. I just think that if a person wants to plunk down $600 for a "gaming computer", you're better off spending a bit more and building your own pc with better specs.
    Amen if your considering a PS3 you may as well just get a REAL PC. The car analogy was brilliant by the way. Fun is what matters, the Wii is just plain fun for most consumers.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    They can OMG put FF13 on two or three DVDs! They did it with MGS Online, Xeno Saga 2, and many other PS2 games, and the price was still cheaper than a $60 game. FF7, one of the greatest Sony games ever made was a Multi CD based game. The whole point of Blue Ray, and Sony said this, "It's cheaper to produce."

I own multiple Sony products, and I'm very pissed at the outright greed they are displaying on the PS3.
    You should be shot for saying that FF7 was a SONY game lol

Yes Sony did claim this on their own website that the Blu-Ray was cheaper to produce. But thats besides the point here.

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruman
    But that all hinges on whether or not blu-ray wins the format war. If it does, PS3 sales will skyrocket, regardless of price. If it loses, PS3 will become worthless, since it pretty much centers around Blu-Ray. If Blu-Ray loses, no new games will come out, because Sony is too arrogant to admit defeat and accept change.
    Yes it indeed does. the PS3 wont become worthless per say...it will just be worthless for movies and other media. Developers/Publishers will still gladly make games for the PS3 on blu-ray discs. Sony will not admit their defeat if and when it happens but they WILL definitely still be making games for the PS3.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsFury
    The PS3 didn't need to have blue ray for the games, that's why it sucks. It should have been 400 and not 600 that way. Microsoft has even stated that they will not be releasing games on the HD-DVD drive. Why not? Because games are just starting to be released that actually fill a standard dual layer DVD and games are no where near close to filling a disc with blueray storage capacity. The blueray does not increase the performance of the system for games and that is why Microsoft didn't include an HD-DVD drive with the system, instead they gave their customers the option to get it later.
    resistance fall of man is 15gb. THe maker of metal gear solid four said he will have a hard time fitting the game on a blue ray disk. Learn some facts first.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    Arent bluray games currently (could decrease or increase on sales/etc who knows) $70-80+ ?

I dont know much about it, cause i dont really care bout blurays so ive never looked em up lol. If Sony wanted to be really 'cool' in there terms tho, they could get the new type of CD/DVD that holds over 1Million songs (not sure of size) but the player would boost the price up... several thousand... thousands :P (they've seriously got one of those tho, but of course not in production due to HUGE costs)
    $60 same as the 360. target had some games for $45 last week.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Doyou want to know why standard blu-ray players cost 800$? Because it's a standard blu-ray player and it isn't sitting inside a video game console. Believe it or not, but using a video game console to play your movies isn't as "cool" as some people seem to think it is.

Btw My local best buy has that toshiba hd-dvd player for $450.

resistance fall of man is 15gb. THe maker of metal gear solid four said he will have a hard time fitting the game on a blue ray disk. Learn some facts first.
    Yet there is a widespread rumor that he is being pressured to put it out on the 360, and he himself has stated he would like to develope it for the wii.

And Resistance is 16 gb....yet it isn't as good as a game for the 360 on a DL-DVD? Yes clearly it being 16gb means the game is better? Dreamcast had better graphics than the ps1...yet they both used cds.
    Last edited by vagrant; 01-11-2007 at 02:38 AM.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Doyou want to know why standard blu-ray players cost 800$? Because it's a standard blu-ray player and it isn't sitting inside a video game console. Believe it or not, but using a video game console to play your movies isn't as "cool" as some people seem to think it is.

Btw My local best buy has that toshiba hd-dvd player for $450.

Yet there is a widespread rumor that he is being pressured to put it out on the 360, and he himself has stated he would like to develope it for the wii.

And Resistance is 16 gb....yet it isn't as good as a game for the 360 on a DL-DVD? Yes clearly it being 16gb means the game is better? Dreamcast had better graphics than the ps1...yet they both used cds.

I want a DVD player to play my DVDs. a bluray player to play my bluray discs and an hd-dvd player to play my hd-dvds. I don't want a single device that does gaming and movies. Why? I want a product that excels at what it does, not a mediocre one that can do both at the expense of performance or quality. The PSX used CDs and most Nintendo 64 games used cartridges yet the n64 games for the most part looked a hell of a lot better. Those carts didn't store nearly the amount of data as the CDROM Sony used did either.

WiiChat Member Deathmetalmaster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Let me put it in the most simple terms for everyone in here.

You all know that you are going to buy a PS3 eventually because it is the only system that will have Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4.

that is all that matters to me. I am actually sort of glad that they are not coming out for quite sometime. That gives sony more time to drop the price on the PS3
    Death to false metal!

Hail Nintendo!

wii code: 6051-7035-5717-2964

User Name: Shinden

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmetalmaster
    Let me put it in the most simple terms for everyone in here.

You all know that you are going to buy a PS3 eventually because it is the only system that will have Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4.

that is all that matters to me. I am actually sort of glad that they are not coming out for quite sometime. That gives sony more time to drop the price on the PS3
    I know I'll be buying one, not for Blu-Ray but for Final Fantasy XIII

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I wouldn't jump the gun on saying MGS4 won't be on the 360.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Ads