Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1398-5746-4332-6832
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer5078
    Another the number 3. statement, if your gonna play games, why not be a hardcore gamer.
    Because hardcore gaming isn't for everyone. My fiancee likes some games but she isn't a hardcore gamer and never wants to be. It's people like this that Nintendo is trying to get. These folks don't care if it looks amazingly gorgeous in 1080p, they don't even know what that is, or if the gameplay is super in depth and the AI is ultra smart. They just want some fun. As long as they keep on making fun innovative games Nintendo will do alright.

I was over at a friends house last week playing the ps3 he just bought and all our fiancee's could say was "What am I supposed to be seeing?".
    Life is like playing the wii. You never know who you're going to hit!

Quote Originally Posted by NjD00
    From page 29 of the User's Manual:
    "In order to successfully use the Wiimote, the user must be more intelligent than the Wiimote"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake007
    Ok First I'd like to point out that this site is called wiichat.com. Why would you register just to diss the system it's dedicated to. And I can find quite a few reasons why Wii is better than ps3.
    1.Blu-ray is a technology that will probly be gone within a year becuz nobody likes it and its too expensive
    2. the wii is a fraction of the price of a ps3
    3. the ps3 is basically hardcore gamers only, the wii was made for everyone
    3. The ps3 is just more of the same button mashers we've played before.
    4. nintendo has balls for doing this with the motion sensing becuz it was a decision that could have been a success or a failure
    5. Nintendo has better exclusive franchises(Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Super Smash Bros, etc.)
    6. The wii will probly have a larger game library since it can play wii discs, gc discs, and the virtual console has games from about 5 different consoles. I don't care wut you say, some of those older agmes (super mario bros., etc.) are better than some of the new PS games. Why would nintendo make New Super Mario Bros. if they knew it would fail.
    7. I already have a multimedia center that can edit photos, play cds, dvds and video games, etc. It's called a COMPUTER. Maybe I'll show you how to use one some time.
    8. Notice how some ps3 features(connectivity to portable system, etc.) were things that Nintendo had first.
    There's 8 reasons why wii>ps3
    i dont like the ps3 much either im just trying to defend it the best i can from fanboys

and you are a RETARD
    this is like the 328967832th time someone asked something like: whyd you join just to flame? when no one ****in looks at my join date which is def. before you joined
    and i dont ****in diss the wii

musselwii or whatever, Sony Computer Entertainment
    they develop games dumbshit fanboy

this thread ive heard most of the same thing, ps3 sucks, then a few reasons that back that up but are opinions and false facts
    Last edited by Sovieto; 01-07-2007 at 07:46 AM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    what is so bad about it, the only thing i really see wrong is the blu ray which might fail, and its bad to force it onto the consumers. and give me some reasons without comparing it to other systems

That's exactly what's so bad about it... adding Blu Ray was a stupid, stupid idea, and an expensive one.

How much would it have cost without it?

Something else to think about: how many of Sony's other proprietary media formats have been a success?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BlenderWizard
    That's exactly what's so bad about it... adding Blu Ray was a stupid, stupid idea, and an expensive one.

Something else to think about: how many of Sony's other proprietary media formats have been a success?
    yah i wanted some other reasons besides that, a lot of people dont think itll fail and it might not...(trying really hard to say that with a straight face is hard)

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    The main reason is because of BluRay. The format it clearly unproven. There are even accounts of some BluRay movies not playing well on PLAYSTAION 3s AND SONY's OWN BLURAY PLAYERS! I would not want to commit to technology like that. If you beleive Sony when they say that BluRay can teoretically go up to 100GB, then you are an idiot to believe their lies and empty promises. Sony is known for not making good optical drives. Tell that to my dead PS1 and PS2, RIP.

I thought the PS3 can do everything. Tell me about this technology called the "com-pu-ter"

Member #
    Friends

re

Quote Originally Posted by BlenderWizard

yeah they should have added a dvd drive and been exactly like the wii and 360 They added blu ray so developers could make much larger games with better graphics and sound. It was a smart idea putting their new format in a console that will sell millions. If there are millions of blu ray players on the market, what do you think will happen to blu ray sales? Microsoft screwed up by not including it in the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    hmm, then again, if blu ray dose fail as a movie format, weve yet to even see its potential with games, maybe its more of a gaming system than we think....

Member #
    Friends

re

Quote Originally Posted by Master Foot
    The main reason is because of BluRay. The format it clearly unproven. There are even accounts of some BluRay movies not playing well on PLAYSTAION 3s AND SONY's OWN BLURAY PLAYERS! I would not want to commit to technology like that. If you beleive Sony when they say that BluRay can teoretically go up to 100GB, then you are an idiot to believe their lies and empty promises. Sony is known for not making good optical drives. Tell that to my dead PS1 and PS2, RIP.

I thought the PS3 can do everything. Tell me about this technology called the "com-pu-ter"
    Hd dvd is uproven as well, Whats your point? All blu ray movies I played in my ps3 have worked perfect. Maybe I just got lucky?

Actually they will be releasing blu ray disks that can support 200gb. Btw I have a first generation ps2 and it works fine. So does my brother, and my best friend

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Hd dvd is uproven as well, Whats your point? All blu ray movies I played in my ps3 have worked perfect. Maybe I just got lucky?

Actually they will be releasing blu ray disks that can support 200gb. Btw I have a first generation ps2 and it works fine. So does my brother, and my best friend
    200gb, thats bigger than my computer hd

and resistance had a hard time getting 20gb, all though it is just a shooter

Member #
    Friends
    Resistance is 15gb I believe. fps are usually small games. The campaign is small, and the multiplayer doesnt take up much room. Metal gear solid four will probably be over 25gb. Im guessing they will use a dual layer disk for that and push it closer to 50gb.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads