LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Complete non-byass comparision of Ps3 and Wii

Now I own a PS3, I use to be a Nintendo Fan but I got a ps2, and I'm tired of byass topics and stuff from wii lovers, so I listed pros and cons of the two. Now most of u would love to jump on this and attack the ps3 and say that I got something wrong, but I added my own thoughts along with websites and media stuff to make this. I don't own a Wii cuz I'm no longer a kid, got a job (I paid for my own ps3). Since I don't own a Wii I had to gather cons and pros from websites(like here) and the media.

Now I would like mature answers and non-attacking responses. If u would like to add ur pros or cons tell me and I'll add, but if u don't own a ps3 and make up a con, I wont list unless u provide source on internet.

PS3 Pros:
    Swanky design with quiet operation
    All games in high-definition
    PSP-like user-friendly interface
    Plays high-def Blu-ray movies in addition to standard DVDs
    Built-in Wi-Fi
    60GB hard drive
    Bluetooth support for wireless controllers
    Backwards-compatible with PS2 and PS1 titles
    Built-in memory card readers
    Online play is free
    HDMI output with 1080p support
    No external power supply

PS3 Cons:
    Pricey
    Doesn't upscale DVDs to HD resolution
    HDMI cable not included
    Not a large selection of launch games

Wii Pros:
    Sleek and simple design makes it a fit in most living rooms
    Simple and intuitive to use
    Easy operation
    Simple slideshow functionality
    Can play GameCube games
    Virtual Console
    Fun for the younger group
    Can in theory burn fat ;-)
    Weather Channel?

Wii cons:
    Only composite cables included
    No recharge system for wireless remotes
    Remote sensors can be a little finicky
    Limited online capabilities
    Can't connect to Ds and such
    Poor graphics
    Boring after 2-3 hours of play (polled by xbox and ps3 owners)

Code:
    http://www.nerdtests.com/mq/take.php?id=1256

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    i want a PS3 but not out till march in UK. i have a Wii and think its great!
    Can i ask, wats the best game u have played on for ps3?

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    You're doing this because you think it's funny hehe, trying to cause havoc in forums, you 1-poster

----------------------------------------------

lol, it's BIASED, not byassed and your post includes biased opinions. I don't hate the PS3, i just hate your post.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3overWii
    PS3 Pros:
    Swanky design with quiet operation
    PSP-like user-friendly interface

PS3 Cons:
    Pricey

Wii Pros:
    Sleek and simple design makes it a fit in most living rooms
    Simple and intuitive to use
    Easy operation
    Simple slideshow functionality
    Can in theory burn fat ;-)

Wii cons:
    Poor graphics
    These are biased opinions. Swanky design? I say it's a big chunky clunk of junk. PSP like interface? I say it's such a crappy hard to use menu. Pricey? It's not a con. It's in my price range, what are you talking about? And so on.... You have a whole lot that is arguable and is completely biased.

To refresh your memory, Bias means:
    Quote Originally Posted by Princeton
    favoring one person or side over another; "a biased account of the trial"; "a decision that was partial to the defendant"
    http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=biased

Built-in Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth support for wireless controllers
    Backwards-compatible with PS2 and PS1 titles
    Built-in memory card readers
    Online play is free
    All these PS3 pros are also on the Wii. Built in Wi-Fi on the Wii, Wiimotes also use bluetooth, it is 100% backwards compatible for GC games, has an SD card slot, and online play is free. What the heck are you thinking?

Wii cons:
    Only composite cables included
    No recharge system for wireless remotes
    Poor graphics
    What's wrong with composite cables? It's not like you have to pay about 60-120 for PS3 cables (compared to the 20 for Nintendo). No recharge system? well, i'm sorry for PS3 owners because they'll have to buy a whole new controller when the batteries die or start leaking, or even if they start to light on fire.
    Remote sensors are not finicky if you have the correct distance and no other external sources. There's a reason why there are a ton of manuals in the box you get the Wii in. Read them.
    Limited online stuff? The full shebang isn't even out yet. You can't say anything about it. If it does turn out to be crappy, i'll accept it but until then noone can say if it's good or bad.
    There is a connection to the DS, you use it in Pokemon Battle Revolution. It's not like a big problem for you anyways, have fun with your PS3.
    Poor graphics? Who is to say whether the graphics are good or not? The graphics are fine, they are neither top of the line nor on the bottom.
    Boring after 2-3 hours? Where was this 'poll' created? Where's the source?

Member #
    Friends
    sorry coldshiver! i dont no the rules of forums! is it not good to "1 post"! sorry if am causing havoc hehe but i wanted to no gd games lol!

was that msg 4 me coldshiver or for PS3overWii ?
    cos if its 4 me sorry
    Last edited by jess; 01-09-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    Wii Pros:

Wii cons:

Poor graphics

Almost everything in your post is bias!!
    First "Fun for the younger group" Wii can be played by anyone, just because games are rated E dosen't mean there kiddy. Example Rayman Raving Rabbids & Elebits. Trilight Princess, SSSB, No More Heroes, MP3, & Sadness(especially) are not for the "younger group"

Wii can connect to the DS. Nintenodo is working on a more adavanced connectivity between the 2 systems. The first game to have connection between the 2 is Pokemon Battle Revolution. Sure it's Pokemon but it's proof the DS can connect to Wii. Nintendo even mentioned the possiblity of being able download DS demos from you Wii.

Wii dosen't have 360 or PS3 graphics but EVERYONE knows that. That dosen't mean Wii's graphics are poor. Wii is 2x stronger than the GCN. The games may not look like it now, but it's still only the first generation games, so of course teir not using the consoles fullest abilities.

Of course PS3 or 360 owners polled would say gameplay gets boring. Most of them are probably fanboys. Or it could be they haven't tried games that would spark there interst that have yet to be released. Like SSBB, MP3, Sadness and many more that's going to be released this year.
    I've said my piece
    Last edited by Wii_Rulez; 01-09-2007 at 08:01 PM.

"The Legend"

Member #
    Friends
    0882-4030-9133-6768
    i think this guy is an idiot, look at his sig, youre whole little pros in cons are debatable and the wii has some of the features you mentioned it didnt, pull your head out of your ass, your thread is a joke

Member #
    Friends
    PS3 Pros:
    Swanky design with quiet operation -- Huge design, looks like a George Foreman Grill -- Generates a ton of Heat
    All games in high-definition -- And they have CRAP fog effects and alias like hell
    PSP-like user-friendly interface -- That interface BLOWS
    Plays high-def Blu-ray movies in addition to standard DVDs -- I hope BluRay fails over HD-DVD
    Built-in Wi-Fi -- Nice, so does Wii
    60GB hard drive -- And you need this for...?
    Bluetooth support for wireless controllers -- Nice, so does Wii
    Backwards-compatible with PS2 and PS1 titles -- Yeah, they look REALLY good on the PS3. The Wii is backward compatible with Gamecube titles, and it runs them flawlessly.
    Built-in memory card readers -- The Wii has SD built in, which is the only REAL memory card anyway.
    Online play is free -- Same as Wii
    HDMI output with 1080p support -- This is nice
    No external power supply -- That sucks, so when your power supply dies (which is one of the more common failures), you need a new console.

PS3 Cons:
    Pricey -- Yep, but it's a well priced BluRay player.
    Doesn't upscale DVDs to HD resolution -- It doesn't even upscale, really.
    HDMI cable not included -- They're cheap anyway. Check Monoprice.
    Not a large selection of launch games -- And, they all suck except Resistance: Fall Of Man

More PS3 Cons:
    Massive graphical aliasing
    Bad fog effects due to limited graphics buffer
    Clunky interface that sometimes fails to respond to input
    Runs very warm
    Non-replacable power supply
    People pay for features many won't use

Wii Pros:
    Sleek and simple design makes it a fit in most living rooms -- Yep
    Simple and intuitive to use -- Yep
    Easy operation -- Yep
    Simple slideshow functionality -- Yep
    Can play GameCube games -- And, a bunch of other games through Virtual Console
    Virtual Console -- Yep
    Fun for the younger group -- And, the older group
    Can in theory burn fat ;-) -- Yep
    Weather Channel? -- Nice

More Wii Pros:
    Web Browser
    Multiple controller configurations
    Replacable batteries in the controllers
    Solid-state construction -- no hard drives to rely on

Wii cons:
    Only composite cables included -- It's all most people need. Why should they pay for component if they're not going to use them?
    No recharge system for wireless remotes -- There is one coming out
    Remote sensors can be a little finicky -- When misconfigured
    Limited online capabilities -- IT HAS A WEB BROWSER AND FREE ONLINE GAME PLAY. It's coming.
    Can't connect to Ds and such -- YES IT CAN!
    Poor graphics -- The graphics are fine, the resolution is low.
    Boring after 2-3 hours of play (polled by xbox and ps3 owners) -- No... The Wii is fun to play, it was even said by a Sony exec!

Member #
    Friends
    What's wrong with composite cables? It's not like you have to pay about 60-120 for PS3 cables (compared to the 20 for Nintendo). No recharge system? well, i'm sorry for PS3 owners because they'll have to buy a whole new controller when the batteries die or start leaking, or even if they start to light on fire.
    Remote sensors are not finicky if you have the correct distance and no other external sources. There's a reason why there are a ton of manuals in the box you get the Wii in. Read them.

I bought my hdmi for less than $10 shipped from www.monoprice.com. The ps3 controller batteries are good for 5 years. I could never see the controller lighting on fire, but I guess if put some gas on it and lit it with a match it would.

The wii remote is very finicky. Theres been many times the cursor is no where to be found, or the controller drops the connection. Ive had a few times where it drops the connection and wont resync unless I reboot the system.

Member #
    Friends

re

Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Rulez
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Fixedsys"]
    Almost everything in your post is bias!!
    First "Fun for the younger group" Wii can be played by anyone, just because games are rated E dosen't mean there kiddy. Example Rayman Raving Rabbids & Elebits. Trilight Princess, SSSB, No More Heroes, MP3, & Sadness(especially) are not for the "younger group"
    I was tricked into buy rayman when I got my wii. The guy at toys r us said its a really fun game. I got it home and felt embarassed to play it. The game is meant for kids. The wii is really directed towards a younger crowd, because most games are rated e. Im not making fun of it, its just a simple fact. The wii will have plenty of adult games as well, but majority rules.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I think COLDshiver said it all really.

It's funny how people think they're somehow unbiased because they own both systems. If you owned a Wii and a 360 and was really into FPS, you'd like the 360 more. If you're into interesting gameplay and having your friends over to play a lot of games, you'd like the Wii better.

There's always going to be someone that prefers the other side, but that don't give them to right to write down half-arsed reasons for why their perspective is better than another.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads