+ Reply to Thread
    Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1130-2954-1680-3052

MotorStorm Does not Support 1080p

Credit:1up.com

Between a speech by Peter Dille, Sony Computer Entertainment America's senior VP of marketing, and a Sony representative both indicating MotorStorm would debut in the US at 60 frames per second and supporting 1080p resolutions, the Internet's been ablaze with speculation about the off-road racer. Too bad it's all for nothing, as SCEA told 1UP that MotorStorm is most definitely 30fps and remains at a HD resolution of 720p.

HD is new concept for gaming, so the mistake isn't a surprise but certainly a disappointment to many with high-end televisions. According to Sony, people "accidentally got caught up in the greater context of his [Dille] point which is that we currently do have (and will be creating much more) content that does run at 1080p and 60fps for PS3."

Many of the Sony fanboys seem to be heart broken by this news, but it's a new system so of course there's going to be issues. Now on the issue of more games coming out on 1080p, it's bound to come, but there will be more cons for people with SDTVs, and once they hear from those Sony fanboys, they'll be stuck doing 720p as well.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I personally don't get why they talk up motorstorm so much. It's not even that good of a game. It's like sony fans will latch on to whatever they can for pride.
    Last edited by vagrant; 01-12-2007 at 08:55 AM.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Honestly, I've seen the gameplay footage of this game at my local Target, and I was not impressed. The controls seemed sloppy and the only thing they did right was happen to get the dust and mud feature right, as when the vehicle gets into it, it goes all over the place. It didn't have any jaw dropping visuals and to top it all off there's no force feedback. That just kills racing games in general for the PS3.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    I dont care. my tv only supports 720p and 1080i. THe demo version of motorstorm is lacking alot of things the full version has. Including graphics. It should be a pretty fun game.

Ads