+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Console Sales

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5880-1161-5752-5548
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    The only source is sony themselves. Even they dont have an exact number, unless every single store reported to them what they sold.

I guess nobody wants the ps3 since its almost doubled what the 360 sold at launch I bet sony will sell 6 million by april easily.
    ever heard of invintory

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfnick
    ever heard of invintory
    nope, i cant say ive heard of invintory

Sony knows how many they sold to stores. They dont know how many the stores have sold. Nobody can keep track of what every single store in the world sells. Thats why nextgenwars is not accurate.
    Last edited by Wii&Ps3; 01-12-2007 at 08:38 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    i don't think that number is reliable... i heard that the Wii already sold more than 4 mil.....

vgchart.com ??i donno if that is the site.... but it is someting like that...

Member #
    Friends
    I don't understand what is so hard about this.

Sony SHIPPED a million PS3s...this does not equal sales numbers.

This is often used in the music industry to make it appear that an album is selling well. For example, Whitney Houston's label proudly declared her last album went platinum shortly after its release, despite the fact that "going platinum" only means that a million units have been shipped to record stores. Actual album sales were dismal.

There's really no argument here about the PS3's moderate success in the United States. Wii has SOLD millions units...PS3 has SHIPPED ONE million units.

Understand?

New news: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070108-8574.html
    Last edited by CrowTRobot; 01-12-2007 at 12:39 PM.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe
    I just checked http://nexgenwars.com/ and the Wii sales jumped from 3.6 mil to 3.7 mil. The PS3 however hasn't budged in sales. They're not selling, anywhere. This is not due to lack of supply. There's another reason for this.
    dude, this is a ps3 section, how about you get your head out of your wii and go post it at a wii section since its comparing it to the wii and is obviously showing how the ps3 "suxors" or whatever you want to say, why not 360 as well? 360 sold just as well as ps3 and wii this holiday season

p.s. that ps3 on shelves isnt everywhere, people just arent willing to pay the price up front and its not like its America-Wide, there are no ps3s anywhere in my city so it just depends on them sony kids and where they live

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    dude, this is a ps3 section
    We're talking about PS3.

Not everyone here is a Wii-fanboy. I support both Sony and Nintendo.

To be honest, I wish the PS3 would be more successful. Success spurs competition which leads to better products (i.e. Wii).

Not everything in this forum has to be positive.

But check my post above for an article about low demand and high supply regarding the PS3.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I don't agree with the Next Gen Wars sales figures. Nintendo says they'll be over 6 million by, March. Many claim Sony broke 1 million, but didn't count X-mas returns. Microsoft has not broken 10 million yet. When they do, they will announce it. Right now Next Gen wars is as close as you will come to current sales figures. I heard the real sales figures will be posted by the end of the month on websites like Gamespot.

Member #
    Friends
    PS3's are sitting on the shelves of MULTIPLE game stores. This isn't limited to any particular city either. Multiple states in the US are reporting this. Something is wrong with that. 2 weeks ago I was in a game store. 3 60gb PS3's sitting on the shelf. Plain as day. BAM!! 3 seperate people asked for Wii's while I was in the store. I asked the sales guy how many hours they had been there. He said 3 days. C'mon bro. Something is really wrong with that picture. Mind you this was on a friday.......A PAY DAY!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    We're talking about PS3.

Not everyone here is a Wii-fanboy. I support both Sony and Nintendo.

To be honest, I wish the PS3 would be more successful. Success spurs competition which leads to better products (i.e. Wii).

Not everything in this forum has to be positive.

But check my post above for an article about low demand and high supply regarding the PS3.
    you dont take 1 quote and then go off that, if you continue to read the post it talks about stop trying to make the ps3 look bad just cause you love the wii blah blah blah

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    you dont take 1 quote and then go off that, if you continue to read the post it talks about stop trying to make the ps3 look bad just cause you love the wii blah blah blah
    I read the whole thing, I just didn't feel like quote the whole post.

And if you had read all of MY post, you would have seen that I want Sony (and thus, the PS3) to do well because that will mean better products for everyone.

I own a PS1 and 2. I love those two systems. I didn't like the Gamecube...I love the Wii...I don't like PS3.

Does everyone have to justify why they don't like a console?

Ads