LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Console Sales

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think everyone can agree its not really demand anymore, at least where I live (in Ontario, Canada) ps3's are sitting on the shelfs, and wii's are still very difficult to find. Not that I care really its plain and simple why wii's are selling more, its less than half the price of the ps3. I would love to own a ps3 but its just too expensive right now with the library of games not really appealing to me. I was a huge ps1 and ps2 fan (still play it regularly, guitar hero 2 is a great game ), but withholding buying a ps3.

Maybe when there more software support I will be tempted to purchase one, but ill wait a year and see. Im pretty confident sony will pick it up and gain the same support they had for the past two systems, and I hope so because they gave me countless hours of enjoyment.

Member #
    Friends
    8349-6458-1513-1947
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr10
    I think everyone can agree its not really demand anymore, at least where I live (in Ontario, Canada) ps3's are sitting on the shelfs, and wii's are still very difficult to find. Not that I care really its plain and simple why wii's are selling more, its less than half the price of the ps3. I would love to own a ps3 but its just too expensive right now with the library of games not really appealing to me. I was a huge ps1 and ps2 fan (still play it regularly, guitar hero 2 is a great game ), but withholding buying a ps3.

Maybe when there more software support I will be tempted to purchase one, but ill wait a year and see. Im pretty confident sony will pick it up and gain the same support they had for the past two systems, and I hope so because they gave me countless hours of enjoyment.
    That's the same thing people would say about the Gamecube. "I'll just wait a year and see what happens when there are more titles for it." Guess what? Most of those people ended up not buying a Gamecube, even though it had great games. Much like the poor Dreamcast. Definately a better system that the PS1. Better games, better controller, first system to have online ability, but it still didn't do well. If the initial launch fails then the system fails.

PM Message me when you add me!

Top 3 All-Time Favorite Systems:
    Super Nintendo
    Wii
    Gamecube

Member #
    Friends
    None of the systems launch failed. In fact the ps3 and wii did better than expected and are still doing well.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    None of the systems launch failed. In fact the ps3 and wii did better than expected and are still doing well.

um not really ps3 launch did not do better than they expected it did terrible because of the lack of the blue lasers .. wii on the other hand was good.. now sony is pumping those ps3s out so should be good year for console sales figures lol... but as for me im still waiting for 60gig ps3 all they got are the cheaper crappy ones that cannt upgrade to the 60gig features wich i see all over the damn place ..guess every one wants the 60gig.. went to gamestop the other day to check out the games for the wii and 360 and to see if they got any 60gig ps3 nope no 60gig ps3 but we got the $499 one .. i told the guy ohh thats ok .. i asked him how long did they have it in he told me for like 4 days hmm some high demand ..and they were sold out of the wii of course ...now please post a link saying that when the ps3 launched it did better than expected ....cause they promised so much console as of launch but then that number hacked in half ... ?.....

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    The only source is sony themselves. Even they dont have an exact number, unless every single store reported to them what they sold.

I guess nobody wants the ps3 since its almost doubled what the 360 sold at launch I bet sony will sell 6 million by april easily.
    Of course Sony is going to lie about their product sales. They are ashamed of how low it actually is lol.
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (ocz tony's latest)
    AMD Opteron 165 Denmark CCBBE 0615 EPMW w/ Corsair Nautilus 500 @ 322x9@ 1.45v
    2x Patriot 1024MB PC-4000 [3-4-4-8]
    XFX Geforce 7900GS Extreme 256MB PCI-E x16 @ 620/820
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Seagate 750GB - SATA | Maxtor 200GB - PATA
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3550A - | Lite on DVD+/-RW SOHW 1633S
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    The PS3 wasn't expected to do as great as it did because of all of its flaws. Pretty much only die-hard sony fans bought it and as we can see there aren't that many since just about anyone can go pick one up from your local store these days.

Not sure how you think Sony made good choices with it
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

Member #
    Friends

re

Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    Of course Sony is going to lie about their product sales. They are ashamed of how low it actually is lol.
    Its sucks being proved wrong. I know it can hurt, but you shouldnt have replied. All you can say is that Sony lied about their sales?? Tell you what. Go ahead and edit your posts. I will forget all about them. Let me know if theres anything else I can do to help that self esteem of yours.

Member #
    Friends
    8349-6458-1513-1947
    Its sucks being proved wrong. I know it can hurt, but you shouldnt have replied. All you can say is that Sony lied about their sales?? Tell you what. Go ahead and edit your posts. I will forget all about them. Let me know if theres anything else I can do to help that self esteem of yours.
    Blah Blah Blah. Are you still here?

PM Message me when you add me!

Top 3 All-Time Favorite Systems:
    Super Nintendo
    Wii
    Gamecube

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    At least you admit now that you were proved wrong and that it hurts. Never once stated that they did lie. They would lie if you asked them. Anyways why are you still here anyway?
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

Member #
    Friends

re

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe
    Blah Blah Blah. Are you still here?
    Your so easy to piss off its funny.

acphydro: I never admitted I was wrong about any of this. You need to start reading more closely.

Ads