Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3766-9259-1086-3732
    oh jezz another Ps3ZOMGVSWII theard

Lets see I can probably give a good opinion about all 3 consoles. I own a Nintendo Wii, Roommate has a 360, and my brother has a PS3.

Ill start with the Xbox 360. The 360 has the best online experience at the moment over all 3 systems. You can not beat Gears of War, Halo, and NCAA/Madden games. The online community is huge so there is no lack of players. The controller is really nice and has a good feel to it. It is nicely balanced and has the correct amount of weight. However, some games have a nasty habit of freezing like Madden, NCAA, and sometimes Call of Duty but these could just be Software flaws or as serious as overheating. Another problem is that I am pretty sure the 360 is at its prime of graphic potential but I could be wrong (Ps2 had awsome graphics at the end(?) of its life span)

The Nintendo Wii is next up. First I was a bit suspicious of the whole motion sensing technology (reason why I did not preorder). However, after playing a Demo, I was hooked. Graphics in games like Zelda are up to my standard to what I expected. The Virtual Console is one of my favorite features of this console being a retro gamer. Motion Sensing is pretty much dead accurate. I really do not see a problem with Red Steel (which is the game I am currently playing through/game is badass). Looking back at the last few games that where released on the game cube I have to say that the Graphic Potential of the Wii is high (probably around the quality of HL2 on medium settings and Resolution). Backwards compatibility with the Gamecube is spot on. If anything the graphic quality has been increased. Online Game play is lacking if not absent. But this will be fixed with the next release of games. The Graphics are not as good as the 360/PS3.

Now the PS3. When I heard my brother bought the PS3 I was excited. Came home and told him right away to boot it up on our 42" 1080p HDTv. I was disappointed with its graphics of the PS3. Yes I was disappointed you know why? I was expecting better graphics then my 6 month old PC (Dual Core/7900GT). Well I told myself "graphics arn't every thing" and played some Resistance Fall of Man. I wasn't overly impressed by the graphics of the game but it was alot of fun (alot like a mix in between Gears and Halo). We then hooked up with some Demo Racing game. Was fun but the Six Axis controller motion was iffy but that was probably because it was a demo. Speaking of controllers, The Six Axis controller is a POS. It is way to light and plastic feeling. Rumble is lacking which has been a major feature of video game consoles since the 32-bit era. Also, I don't know why Sony kept that God awfull Dual Shock design. The buttons are in Akward places and I feel I could play the games better with a potato/melon combination. The PS3 does have a Blueray player which I guess is pretty neat but useless to me since I don't own any Blueray movies. The biggest issue I have with the PS3 is that it is completely way over engineered. There are way to many parts and pieces that something can go wrong (like the 7 or so Cell processors) and the components are of new/unproven technology (again Cell processors).

So heres the breakdown of the 3 consoles if you would compare them to Cars like earlier in this thread.

Xbox 360- Rolls Royce of Consoles:has a few issues but is a good solid console. Has everything you need.

Nintendo Wii- The Jeep of Consoles: Reliable, never breaks down. Sure its a bit rough around the edges but it gets the job done.

PS3- The BMW of consoles: Luxury at its finest. Leather seats, Wood paneling, sporty engine. But reliability is an issue and like all imports its expensive.

I think that pretty much covers it.

Hook'em Wii

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    It looks like they just ported all the PSP problems right onto the PS3. The video errors fun to watch too. I remember the 360 had issues on launch. But it feels like Sony tried to top them in every area.

Did people even test these systems before they launched? It's like the Q&A were asleep at the wheel, or maybe they didn't hire any at all, and just assumed it would work?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    My sensor bar is fine and positioned properly and theres is lag. In zelda and in the main screen. If you cant see the lag, then your brain is running slow.
    If there's lag then there's something wrong with your Wii, if there'd be lag wouldn't you have heard it from critics by now? And if my brain's running low, how fast is yours running if you just posted 4 times in a row?

And to Lethal, fair enough, I'd love to have all 3 :P

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by nizmoboy98
    yea no company is perfect i have 360 and wii so far no problems with the wii and as for my 360 it only shut off just one time guessing due to overheating was playing that bad boy from sun rise to sun set lol ....with poor breathing room ... like i said in another therad give sony 1 1/2 - 2 years and there system will be number 2.. nintendo number 1 and 360 number 3 lol...
    Pff. the 360 will be second you fool (jokes) 360 is better than ps3 imo

thanks demonflair for the awsome sig

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz
    If there's lag then there's something wrong with your Wii, if there'd be lag wouldn't you have heard it from critics by now? And if my brain's running low, how fast is yours running if you just posted 4 times in a row?

And to Lethal, fair enough, I'd love to have all 3 :P
    You know damn well theres lag with the cursor and the remote. I can see it on the menu and I can also see it in zelda. Zelda isnt as bad, but its still there. Plus the cursor on the menu is jittery. I can understand the lag, but nintendo should have resolved the twitching on the main menu. Im not saying the lag is a horrible thing, but since everyone is pointing out flaws of the ps3 then I might as well show the wii isnt perfect.

Oh no I posed 4 times in a row. I quoted four different people so get a life.

Member #
    Friends
    3766-9259-1086-3732
    i think Wii&ps3 has a mental problem. Both me and my roomate and my neighbor can not see any lag at all or this so called twitching in the Menu or games.

Do you have Tourettes?

Hook'em Wii

Member #
    Friends
    The PS3 does have a Blueray player which I guess is pretty neat but useless to me since I don't own any Blueray movies.
    I dont think anyone would buy a bluray movie if they didnt own a player. If you buy a ps3 you can now buy blu ray movies. I guess I dont understand you point,

So heres the breakdown of the 3 consoles if you would compare them to Cars like earlier in this thread.

Xbox 360- Rolls Royce of Consoles:has a few issues but is a good solid console. Has everything you need.

Nintendo Wii- The Jeep of Consoles: Reliable, never breaks down. Sure its a bit rough around the edges but it gets the job done.

PS3- The BMW of consoles: Luxury at its finest. Leather seats, Wood paneling, sporty engine. But reliability is an issue and like all imports its expensive.

I think that pretty much covers it.
    Your calling the 360 a RollsRoyce even thought its cheaper than the ps3? A rolls royce is much more expensive than a bmw.

Then you say the wii never breaks down even though its been out for like 3 months Im not saying it wont, but it hasnt been out long enough.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Elmer
    i think Wii&ps3 has a mental problem. Both me and my roomate and my neighbor can not see any lag at all or this so called twitching in the Menu or games.

Do you have Tourettes?
    Do you know what tourettes is? Obviously you dont. I will take a video later today and host it. It wont have sound though since its from my digital camera.

Member #
    Friends
    3766-9259-1086-3732
    I dont think anyone would buy a bluray movie if they didnt own a player. If you buy a ps3 you can now buy blu ray movies. I guess I dont understand you point,
    Well I own a Blueray player now (ie my brothers PS3) and we still have not purchased a Blueray Movie yet. DVD's shall remain surpreme for a long time.

Your calling the 360 a RollsRoyce even thought its cheaper than the ps3? A rolls royce is much more expensive than a bmw.
    But a RollsRoyce is built a hell of alot better then a BMW. Many BMW's have electrical problems and timing belt issues. Fine to make you happy we will replace the BMW with a Ferrari. Ferrari's are unfortunately extremely unreliable cars.

Then you say the wii never breaks down even though its been out for like 3 months Im not saying it wont, but it hasnt been out long enough.
    In the electronics world, If it doesnt break within the first couple or so hours of use It will probably last a long time if not forever (i have a Vectrex gaming system that supports this) and the only electronic device i have ever had that wore out on me was a PS2 (go figure).

Known symptoms of Tourettes include twitching. Maybe you dont know what Tourettes is?

Oh and Wii&PS3 stop trying to boost your Post count by not using the edit button. It makes you look stupid.
    Last edited by Capt Elmer; 01-26-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Hook'em Wii

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    You know damn well theres lag with the cursor and the remote. I can see it on the menu and I can also see it in zelda. Zelda isnt as bad, but its still there. Plus the cursor on the menu is jittery. I can understand the lag, but nintendo should have resolved the twitching on the main menu. Im not saying the lag is a horrible thing, but since everyone is pointing out flaws of the ps3 then I might as well show the wii isnt perfect.

Oh no I posed 4 times in a row. I quoted four different people so get a life.
    They don't lag or twitch. I own a Wii, my two cousins both own a Wii, my brother owns a Wii. Mine doesn't lag, my brother's doesnt lag and one of my cousin's doesnt lag. Don't know about the other haven't been to his house. There is absolutely no twitching on any menus. It's flawless and smooth. If you've got lag, you've got either a faulty component, or don't know how to properly set it up.

By the way are you that ignorant that you don't understand the rules? Double posting is posting twice or more in a row PERIOD. Doesn't matter how many people you are quoting. You need to stop living in that little fantasy world of yours and come to terms with reality. You can do multiple quotes in a single post, its not difficult at all, really.

This further proves that your statements have no merit on this forum. If you aren't smart enough to follow simple rules, your posts definitely can't be considered meaningful. And you probably wonder why everyone owns your posts with their own replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Elmer
    Well I own a Blueray player now (ie my brothers PS3) and we still have not purchased a Blueray Movie yet. DVD's shall remain surpreme for a long time.

But a RollsRoyce is built a hell of alot better then a BMW. Many BMW's have electrical problems and timing belt issues. Fine to make you happy we will replace the BMW with a Ferrari. Ferrari's are unfortunately extremely unreliable cars.

In the electronics world, If it doesnt break within the first couple or so hours of use It will probably last a long time if not forever (i have a Vectrex gaming system that supports this) and the only electronic device i have ever had that wore out on me was a PS2 (go figure).

Known symptoms of Tourettes include twitching. Maybe you dont know what Tourettes is?

Oh and Wii&PS3 stop trying to boost your Post count by not using the edit button. It makes you look stupid.
    Haha once again, owned

Typically if any electronic device works at least for a week reliably, it will most likely last many years to come. That is definitely a true statement.

By the way this is called using multiple quotes in a single post from two different people. See it's not that hard to do so. It really isn't.
    Last edited by acphydro; 01-26-2007 at 12:29 PM.
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (ocz tony's latest)
    AMD Opteron 165 Denmark CCBBE 0615 EPMW w/ Corsair Nautilus 500 @ 322x9@ 1.45v
    2x Patriot 1024MB PC-4000 [3-4-4-8]
    XFX Geforce 7900GS Extreme 256MB PCI-E x16 @ 620/820
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Seagate 750GB - SATA | Maxtor 200GB - PATA
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3550A - | Lite on DVD+/-RW SOHW 1633S
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Ads