LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
  1. #11
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    Article:
    If there's anything Sony is really good at, it's devising new ways to take your money. The new PS3 firmware that was released this morning, version 1.5, includes support for swiping your credit card right into your console. Yes, video game consoles have gotten so nickel and dimey that it makes sense to have a credit card reader built right in. What the hell is going on?

    Luckily for my blood pressure, this update is Japan only… for now. If it catches on there you can be damned sure that Sony won't hesitate before trying to sell us this new "feature." Here's an idea, Sony: let people buy games and enjoy them without having to constantly pay extra. You never had to pay for extra levels in Super Mario World, after all. — Adam Frucci

    source of article http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/..._get_even.html

    all i can say is wow. someone want some money? sony does... they are also jacking the price up in canada by 50 bucks...why? because it is actually selling... http://www.gamersreports.com/news/48...ice-in-canada/
    do you even have a ps3? because thatd be pretty sad if your bitching about something saying it brings up your blood pressure if you dont even own it

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  2. #12
    WiiChat Member Chaz's Avatar
    Member #
    7178
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    116
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    do you even have a ps3? because thatd be pretty sad if your bitching about something saying it brings up your blood pressure if you dont even own it
    It's a quote..

  3. #13
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz
    It's a quote..
    lmao, my newb my newb

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  4. #14
    Banned AussieWii's Avatar
    Member #
    8276
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    196
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    Thats the stupidest statement I've ever heard. Credit cards are good for a variety of reasons. If you can't control yourself and be responsible thats when you shouldn't have a credit card. I've got a card with a $4000 spending limit. I've had it for 2 years now, my current balance is $25. I used it for gas the other day. Bottom line is if you can't afford something don't buy it.

    That's not really an opinion, thats more of a flame towards people that do have them. Agreed that some people shouldn't have credit cards, but those of us that are responsible should if needed.

    Agreed My Credit Card has a $500 limit, this is a deliberate stratergy, if i ever want to pay for something that is a thousand dollars, then i just put a thousand into it then press pay and it works fine

    current balance is about $150 in credit, i get about 2 to 3 credit card applications in the mail every week as my credit rating is AAA, needless to say they all get ripped up and put in the bin

    you dont have to have a 4000 dollar limit on your card, just insist that you only want 500, they will give it to you, all be it begrudgingly

  5. #15
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    yah its not really taking your money at all unless your an idiot, or they want little kids to swipe it but im sure you need the code or whatever, and ummm its kind of a plus so you dont have to get a prepaid card or whatever

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  6. #16
    Isn't here as much Trulen's Avatar
    Member #
    2533
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,138
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    It's... Kinda the same thing as buying wiipoints in the shop channel...

    Except with this, you don't have to buy points. You directly pay for the stuff.


    Sony just making it easier for people to buy their stuff.
    I don't see the harm.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

  7. #17
    Banned Wii&Ps3's Avatar
    Member #
    12575
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    415
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    Thats the stupidest statement I've ever heard. Credit cards are good for a variety of reasons. If you can't control yourself and be responsible thats when you shouldn't have a credit card. I've got a card with a $4000 spending limit. I've had it for 2 years now, my current balance is $25. I used it for gas the other day. Bottom line is if you can't afford something don't buy it.

    That's not really an opinion, thats more of a flame towards people that do have them. Agreed that some people shouldn't have credit cards, but those of us that are responsible should if needed.
    Why are they needed? If you cant afford it, then dont buy it. If you can afford it then use cash or a debit card. The only benefit to have a credit card is if you pay your balance off every month and they are giving you flyer miles or other things. Over 80% of poeple do not pay off their balance every month. Out of those people that do pay it off, a very small percentage actually use the rewards given to them.

    You said they are good for a variety of reasons but didnt name one There are no good reasons besides rewards, but thats if you pay it off in full every month. I guess you can say it builds up your credit, but if you can for your cars with cash then its not really needed. If you need a loan to buy a home, a bank will care about debt to income ratio over a credit score anyday.

    Credit cards, cash advances, & auto loans are all for stupid people. Well not really stupid, but people who enjoy being ripped off.
    Last edited by Wii&Ps3; 01-26-2007 at 04:28 PM.

  8. #18
    Wii & DFI acphydro's Avatar
    Member #
    11823
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    423
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Why are they needed? If you cant afford it, then dont buy it. If you can afford it then use cash or a debit card. The only benefit to have a credit card is if you pay your balance off every month and they are giving you flyer miles or other things. Over 80% of poeple do not pay off their balance every month. Out of those people that do pay it off, a very small percentage actually use the rewards given to them.

    You said they are good for a variety of reasons but didnt name one There are no good reasons besides rewards, but thats if you pay it off in full every month. I guess you can say it builds up your credit, but if you can for your cars with cash then its not really needed. If you need a loan to buy a home, a bank will care about debt to income ratio over a credit score anyday.

    Credit cards, cash advances, & auto loans are all for stupid people. Well not really stupid, but people who enjoy being ripped off.
    Was no need to name any reasons, its pretty much common knowledge. Emergency situations and no direct link to bank account are two major reasons if you need a few. Not to mention some people can afford to spend say $600 on a PS3, but $150/week for that month is much easier to swallow for some. Rewards are a plus. Paying off in full monthly is easy as long as you know how to manage your money, if not then it is agreed those people shall not have credit cards for their own sake or at least not those with high limits.

    So speaking for yourself it does appear true that you shouldn't probably have one, especially after reading this last statement. You are implying that around 90% of the adult population is stupid, which is kind of ironic in your case, as that clearly proves my theory of you living in your own little fantasy world.
    Last edited by acphydro; 01-26-2007 at 05:42 PM.
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (ocz tony's latest)
    AMD Opteron 165 Denmark CCBBE 0615 EPMW w/ Corsair Nautilus 500 @ 322x9@ 1.45v
    2x Patriot 1024MB PC-4000 [3-4-4-8]
    XFX Geforce 7900GS Extreme 256MB PCI-E x16 @ 620/820
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Seagate 750GB - SATA | Maxtor 200GB - PATA
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3550A - | Lite on DVD+/-RW SOHW 1633S
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

  9. #19
    WiiChat Member Chaz's Avatar
    Member #
    7178
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    116
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Why are they needed? If you cant afford it, then dont buy it. If you can afford it then use cash or a debit card. The only benefit to have a credit card is if you pay your balance off every month and they are giving you flyer miles or other things. Over 80% of poeple do not pay off their balance every month. Out of those people that do pay it off, a very small percentage actually use the rewards given to them.

    You said they are good for a variety of reasons but didnt name one There are no good reasons besides rewards, but thats if you pay it off in full every month. I guess you can say it builds up your credit, but if you can for your cars with cash then its not really needed. If you need a loan to buy a home, a bank will care about debt to income ratio over a credit score anyday.

    Credit cards, cash advances, & auto loans are all for stupid people. Well not really stupid, but people who enjoy being ripped off.
    Well the most obvious reason is Consumer Confidence.

  10. #20
    Ptowwnaagee! PtonJalken's Avatar
    Member #
    9842
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,059
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Imo anybody stupid enought to own a credit card deserves to get their money taken from them.
    if you can control yourself its good to have. especially for emergencies
    Last edited by PtonJalken; 01-26-2007 at 05:57 PM.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

    PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Why I think PS3 will come out on top.
    By WiiZero in forum Playstation Consoles
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 04:51 AM
  2. Hotel Dusk: Help me!
    By Deathmetalmaster in forum Nintendo DS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
  3. Great Deal on SD Card Reader (USB)
    By bobby1211 in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 07:59 AM
  4. Wi Points card
    By WannaWii in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 06:19 PM