LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
  1. #11
    Wii & DFI acphydro's Avatar
    Member #
    11823
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    423
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallhew
    That article from Game Informer wasn't an essay of any kind.

    It was an interview with SONY's head of operations in America.

    The most positive thing he said about Sony was, "we're winners all along, without even moving one PS3, because the PS2 is so succesful."
    The ps2 was successful, really successful mainly because of the success of the PSX. But they are wrong to think that they dont need to worry about the PS3. I mean thats just absurd lol. They were worried about it when they made it, why do you think they made it so powerful....to compete with the other consoles. They are winners of the PS2 gen era definitely, but that doesn't carry over lol.

    That's like Intel saying that they dont need to worry about AMD because one of their processor lines were king of its era at some point in time lol. That really makes no sense.

    edit: not directing this all to you, mostly replying to the comment they made.
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (ocz tony's latest)
    AMD Opteron 165 Denmark CCBBE 0615 EPMW w/ Corsair Nautilus 500 @ 322x9@ 1.45v
    2x Patriot 1024MB PC-4000 [3-4-4-8]
    XFX Geforce 7900GS Extreme 256MB PCI-E x16 @ 620/820
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Seagate 750GB - SATA | Maxtor 200GB - PATA
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3550A - | Lite on DVD+/-RW SOHW 1633S
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

  2. #12
    \/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    9100
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    323
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    I used to be pro sony as well. They are just getting too greedy these days and with a toaster like console. I'll still get one though eventually. I need Final Fantasy XIII.
    oh i totally here that. once the price comes down and it gets fixed and doesnt show to be a total flop. im all over it, there are games i really really want to play. assassins creed, devil may cry 4, socom 4, jak and daxter, etc. as much as i hate them right now, i still cant wait to play those games.
    \/\/ho's Got

    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

  3. #13
    \/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    9100
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    323
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    The ps2 was successful, really successful mainly because of the success of the PSX. But they are wrong to think that they dont need to worry about the PS3. I mean thats just absurd lol. They were worried about it when they made it, why do you think they made it so powerful....to compete with the other consoles. They are winners of the PS2 gen era definitely, but that doesn't carry over lol.

    That's like Intel saying that they dont need to worry about AMD because one of their processor lines were king of its era at some point in time lol. That really makes no sense.

    edit: not directing this all to you, mostly replying to the comment they made.
    couldnt agree more dude. actually, i always agree with everything you say man. you got a clear head on dude, unlike a lot of these fools on here that bash me, you, and others. theyre morons..... plain and simple...and they display it with every post.

    edit---- my bad with the double wasnt paying attention. i thought someone else had already responded.
    \/\/ho's Got

    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

  4. #14
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    couldnt agree more dude. actually, i always agree with everything you say man. you got a clear head on dude, unlike a lot of these fools on here that bash me, you, and others. theyre morons..... plain and simple...and they display it with every post.

    edit---- my bad with the double wasnt paying attention. i thought someone else had already responded.
    i assume thats directed towards be whilst im just trying to keep ps3 forum as clean as possible from the mindless flame bait it receives
    and..
    if you cant and wont admit theyre greedy
    thats just sad, ps3 is not greedy their loosing money still regardless, NINTENDO is greedy making profit per console

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  5. #15
    \/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    9100
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    323
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    i assume thats directed towards be whilst im just trying to keep ps3 forum as clean as possible from the mindless flame bait it receives
    and..

    thats just sad, ps3 is not greedy their loosing money still regardless, NINTENDO is greedy making profit per console
    actually, i dont have a problem with you dude. when i wrote that you werent even in mind. i was thinking about hmmm wii&ps3, lethal, those that have personally called me out and ran their jaws at me via fingers. but if you want me to refer to you keep posting what your posting. im sorry you got a ps3 and want to defend it dude. i am. but as i said sony did this, not me.

    as far as nintendo making profit theyre making 90 dollars per console. soon they will drop the price to 200. then theyll be making 42 dollars. does nintendo have even close to the sales of sony in consoles counting the ps2? the answer is no they dont.
    does nintendo make tvs. computers, dvd players, surround systems, music players, computer peripherals, discs, monitors, car audio equipment, or anything close to what they do? nope... sony has enough damn money bro. dont forget the reason ps1 even existed. it is because atari started it, screwed up, and nintendo carried the flag. they deserve to make money. sony barged in to begin with into the video game world. they probably had no business there, but they made their mark, much like microsoft did. but the ps3 is only making a brown mark. the great giant has, at least this far, failed in this next gen battle. and they failed to the wit of nintendo.

    the ps3 is all about greed and im sorry you added to their poor numbers with your buy from them. but please dude, must you hassle me about it?

    ps still waiting on the positive articles that are so abundant that you spoke of. i really want to see them. my mind is always open to change.
    \/\/ho's Got

    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

  6. #16
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    actually, i dont have a problem with you dude. when i wrote that you werent even in mind. i was thinking about hmmm wii&ps3, lethal, those that have personally called me out and ran their jaws at me via fingers. but if you want me to refer to you keep posting what your posting. im sorry you got a ps3 and want to defend it dude. i am. but as i said sony did this, not me.

    as far as nintendo making profit theyre making 90 dollars per console. soon they will drop the price to 200. then theyll be making 42 dollars. does nintendo have even close to the sales of sony in consoles counting the ps2? the answer is no they dont.
    does nintendo make tvs. computers, dvd players, surround systems, music players, computer peripherals, discs, monitors, car audio equipment, or anything close to what they do? nope... sony has enough damn money bro. dont forget the reason ps1 even existed. it is because atari started it, screwed up, and nintendo carried the flag. they deserve to make money. sony barged in to begin with into the video game world. they probably had no business there, but they made their mark, much like microsoft did. but the ps3 is only making a brown mark. the great giant has, at least this far, failed in this next gen battle. and they failed to the wit of nintendo.

    the ps3 is all about greed and im sorry you added to their poor numbers with your buy from them. but please dude, must you hassle me about it?

    ps still waiting on the positive articles that are so abundant that you spoke of. i really want to see them. my mind is always open to change.
    i read 2 bits
    A: ps3 is not about greed if you think about it, but if you want to say it like that then every company is because they exist for 1 reason; money
    B: i dont own a ps3, nor would i ever buy one, and its my least favorite out of the 3

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  7. #17
    \/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    9100
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    323
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    i read 2 bits
    A: ps3 is not about greed if you think about it, but if you want to say it like that then every company is because they exist for 1 reason; money
    B: i dont own a ps3, nor would i ever buy one, and its my least favorite out of the 3
    no youre right dude. the whole world runs on money, i could not argue about that and wouldnt even try. but sony's actions have been absolutely insane so far. they went that big for one reason and one reason only, dominance. nintendo couldve done more with graphics but they kept it simple, cheap, with the consumer in mind, whos sony have in mind?

    and im sorry. i though i read one post of you saying you had one. i apologize for that. i was incorrect. however, i have to ask, if its your least favorite, why are we having this conversation?
    \/\/ho's Got

    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

  8. #18
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by dedpoet777
    no youre right dude. the whole world runs on money, i could not argue about that and wouldnt even try. but sony's actions have been absolutely insane so far. they went that big for one reason and one reason only, dominance. nintendo couldve done more with graphics but they kept it simple, cheap, with the consumer in mind, whos sony have in mind?

    and im sorry. i though i read one post of you saying you had one. i apologize for that. i was incorrect. however, i have to ask, if its your least favorite, why are we having this conversation?
    cause i dont like seeing this ps3 forum get nothing but negative feedback and the center of all for ripping on the ps3 (+ debating and the feeling of totally owning a newbs "Reasons why ps3 sucks" article is just one that cant be beaten"

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  9. #19
    3D Artist sagema's Avatar
    Member #
    6192
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,685
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    This all means little for now. If Microsoft lowers the 360 price by $100 and Nintendo lowers their system price by $100 next year that would leave Sony in serious trouble. Howard Stringer just said they can't lower the system price for at least 4 years. What could crush Sony is their inability to lower the system price ever after 3 years.

    2009 System Price Estimates
    $150 Wii First Estimated Price Drop 2008
    $200(no Hard Drive)-$300 360 Estimated Price Drop 2007
    $500-$600 PS3 Estimated Price Drop 2010
    Last edited by sagema; 01-26-2007 at 11:33 PM.

  10. #20
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    This all means little for now. If Microsoft lowers the 360 price by $100 and Nintendo lowers their system price by $100 next year that would leave Sony in serious trouble. Howard Stringer just said they can't lower the system price for at least 4 years. What could crush Sony is their inability to lower the system price ever after 3 years.

    2009 System Price Estimates
    $150 Wii
    $200(w/o Hard Drive)-$300 Xbox
    $500-$600 PS3
    those estimates arent taking into consideration that the 360 has been out for a year i believe, but then again since wii is making a profit i guess they do have more a margin to lower the price

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Character Guide Thread
    By Splash_King in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 07:58 PM
  2. 2007 Console War In Review
    By CantGetAWii in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 12:38 PM
  3. US video game sales soar to record 17.9 billion dollars
    By Game_Pro in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 01:50 PM
  4. DS UK Sales Revenue...Holy Bejeebers!!!
    By Rolex in forum Nintendo DS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 11:55 AM
  5. Nintendo Breaks Records with Wii and NIntendo DS
    By KHudson in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 11:54 PM

Search tags for this page

ps spell

Click on a term to search for related topics.