LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    And if Sony stopped productions on the Ps2, people would just jump for a Gamecube or a Nintendo DS.
    Uhm, no, people looking for a home system would not jump to a portable, plus those looking for a PS2 would likely not move a step down to a gamecube. It would however make the PS3 more appealing since that would be the only way to get a new system capable of playing Playstation games.

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....prd65900050007

It still looks like nobody is buying them
    hmmmmmmmmm the signs of being gay
    1. being in realistate
    2. hanging round a nintendo forum pretending to like the wii and then revealing your self as a sony fanboy
    3.trying to rub peoples faces in a product that is being beaten by nintendo in double the sale in japan sonys main seller
    your face
    leave or be banned your choice

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by 848gamer
    Uhm, no, people looking for a home system would not jump to a portable, plus those looking for a PS2 would likely not move a step down to a gamecube. It would however make the PS3 more appealing since that would be the only way to get a new system capable of playing Playstation games.

You're obviously new to retail, and don't know the powers of something called verbal communication. Why wouldn't they take a step "down" (even though Gamecube graphics are smoother and loading times are faster) for a system that they can buy used for 60 bucks? It wouldn't make the Ps3 appealing, as it's only appealing to 80 percent of people and those people are trying to sell it on Ebay. The 5 percent are kids and adults who just want the Ps3 just because of all the "hype" that seems to be going around it. If Sony stops reproduction on their Ps2, Nintendo can put a couple of awesome games on the Player's Choice, which would make them 20 bucks. Here's a list of the games that will appeal to everyone:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Eternal Darkness
    Resident Evil series
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
    Soul Calibur II
    Tales of Symphonia
    Mario Party
    Spyro: A New Beginning
    Lego Starwars
    Need for Speed
    Animal Crossing
    Fire Emblem
    Harvest Moon
    1080 Snowboarding

And so much more. Seriously, the "hardcore gamer" that you perceive is only an 11 year old, and who would purchase a 600 dollar system for an 11 year old? Parents will see the Gamecube as affordable, plus has many games for all types of gamers. You may once again disagree, but for the price of a Ps3 game, you can pretty much be getting a Gamecube. And the Ps3 right now is like a new car, but the funny thing is, there's no parts or accessories out for it right now. So enjoy your brand new system...with only around 4 games to choose from that are exclusive to the Ps3.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

WiiChat Member Deathmetalmaster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 848gamer
    Actually I think the PS3's biggest problem is competition from the PS2. Lots of people I'm sure look at the PS3 and figure they don't need the blue-ray and the graphics aren't that much better (yet) on the launch games to justify the 400+ cost. That's kind of why Microsoft quickly stopped selling the original xBox to force people to buy a 360...Sony might have to do the same to make sure people move up to the new console to help get the big numbers they need instead of people seeing the PS2 selling well and figuring they should wait on a PS3.
    What I personally have seen a lot of though is people selling their playstation 2's so they can buy nintendo wii's
    Death to false metal!

Hail Nintendo!

wii code: 6051-7035-5717-2964

User Name: Shinden

Member #
    Friends
    yea i did that, my ps2 is gone, wii kicked it right out and won the fight.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by in touch with the wii
    hmmmmmmmmm the signs of being gay
    1. being in realistate
    2. hanging round a nintendo forum pretending to like the wii and then revealing your self as a sony fanboy
    3.trying to rub peoples faces in a product that is being beaten by nintendo in double the sale in japan sonys main seller
    your face
    leave or be banned your choice
    Signs that your either 5 years old, or actually retarded

1. Cant spell Real estate
    2. Flapping your mouth when you have no idea what your talking about.

I like the wii and will enjoy it when better games come out. It funny you call me gay, when your name is "in touch with the wii" Who's wii are you touching???

Member #
    Friends
    8917-6501-7332-1191
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8569.cfm
    Sony claims Wii is just an 'impulse buy'

1 February 2007 22:07 by Dela
    Sony claims Wii is just an 'impulse buy'It seems that Sony Corp. and Nintendo are really bringing the console war to life with words being exchanged about each others consoles and sales performance. Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesperson Dave Karraker said that 100,000 PS3 units are reaching North America each week and are selling out, but admitted that demand for the console has fallen since the holidays.

When he compared the PS3 to the Wii, he claimed the PS3 is so powerful in comparison, that it shouldn't even be in the same category. "Wii could be considered an impulse buy more than anything else," he said. While the Wii shortage continues, there are still reports of PS3s being readily available for purchase in many areas of the U.S.

In response to this, Sony has claimed that there only appears to be excessive demand for the Wii because Nintendo is shipping less stock. "That's absolutely inaccurate," Nintendo of America's vice president of marketing, Perrin Kaplan said, going further to say the company is shipping at least the same amount of units as Sony.

The New York Times also quotes company officials as saying that 1 million Wii units are shipped worldwide per month, with over half of those going to North America.

Source:
    GamesIndustry.biz

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07029/756844-96.stm
    Week in video-game news: Nintendo's Wii remains scarce, while PlayStation 3 is easy to find

Monday, January 29, 2007
    By Lou Kesten, The Associated Press

News from the virtual world:

WHERE IS Wii? Who would have thought, given all the publicity surrounding the PlayStation 3's arrival last fall, that the Nintendo Wii would be the must-have console of the new year? A month after Christmas, it's still hard to find a Wii, and crowds are still lining up in front of electronics stores every time a new shipment is promised. On eBay, Wiis are still being auctioned off for around $500, double the console's list price. It's even tough to track down Wii controllers, since most of us who have been able to buy a console are stocking up on extra "Wiimotes" so the whole family can play.

Meanwhile, Sony's PS3 is pretty easy to buy. The Web sites for GameStop, Circuit City and other nationwide retailers have it for sale, and eBay auctions are starting lower than the $600 list price for the 60-gigabyte model. Several electronics store clerks have told me that buyers have been returning unopened PS3s after realizing they weren't going to make any money selling them on eBay. Serves them right.
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070130-8733.html
    The continuing scarcity of the Wii is likely sustaining shoppers' interest in the console. Compete's most recent data—from about two weeks ago—shows that consumers are still far more interested in the Wii than either of the other two next-generation consoles. Also, those shopping for the Wii are not as likely to consider buying a different console as those who are shopping for either a PS3 or 360.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2007...ation-nvda.htm
    Nvidia Shares Affected by Weaker Playstation 3 Demand
    By Daniel Jacobs
    Posted 29 January 2007 @ 05:11 pm EST

(International Business Times) - Growing signs of weaker demand for Sony's new Playstation 3 video game system may be impacting some of its design partners, a new report indicates, with graphics system provider Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA), feeling Wall-Street heat today.

A series of reports last week pointed to longer than expected shelf-time for Sony's Playstation 3 video-game console, as well growing inventories across the country, raising concern about possible slower demand for the new system.

Santa-Clara Calif.-based Nvidia, which provides the technology behind the system's advanced graphics and special effects, may take a hit as a result of the slowdown.

"Sony royalties garnered by Nvidia from the PS3 build are expected to be the primary driver of Nvidia’s gross-margin expansion in fiscal 2008," Michael McConnell, semiconductor analysts of Pacific Crest said.

"Although poor manufacturing yields on Blu-Ray diodes were the initial cause of PS3 unit constraints at retailers, we have seen evidence of weaker-than-expected consumer demand as availability has improved, likely stemming form overly high prices at retailers and a lack of compelling game titles."

While the report did not speculate on the number of units that would be sold, a component "tear-down" performed by market researcher iSuppli last month showed that Nvidia would receive $129.00 for every Playstation 3 sold.

The analyst lowered his price target for Nvidia to $33 from $45, and predicted earnings of $1.67 a share for the year, instead of $1.77 previously indicated.

Shares of Nvidia closed down $1.29, or 4.10 percent, to $30.18 in Monday trading on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange.
    LASTLY, LISTEN to NVIDIA's Bellyaching
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/760/760643p1.html
    Nvidia Says Graphics Matter
    Dismisses Nintendo's assertion that graphics have reached a saturation point as nonsense.
    by Mark Bozon

February 1, 2007 - Nvidia, one of the world's leading producers of graphics processing technology, seems to differ in opinion from Nintendo president Satoru Iwata on the subject of game visuals. In a recent interview with Next-Gen business, VP of content Roy Taylor voiced his opinion on the matter of gaming graphics and presentation.

"They're talking nonsense," he said of Nintendo assertion that videogame graphics have reached a saturation point. "It's ridiculous sot say that graphics don't matter. That's like saying 'The quality of my TV screen doesn't matter.' Oh really? So then in that case, you can go watch 24 in black-and-white on a seven-inch screen. It's nonsense to say graphics don't matter. I think we can do a lot better, but I think we'd like to see graphics encompassing the gameplay."

During the interview Taylor does state that gameplay can oftentimes play second fiddle to a game's visuals but reiterates that graphics will bring more emotion into software, stating that gamers seldom become as emotionally invested in characters from a videogame as they do in movies.
    ARGUMENT: With the facts provided, we draw obvious conclusions;
    1) wii is outselling the ps3.
    2) ps3 demand is in a downtrend
    3) Nvidia is partnered with ps3 and suffers along
    4) The individual named "wii&ps3" does not check his premises...
    5) The Wii rules.

...nuff said

Thinking without action is a daydream.
    Action without thinking is a nightmare.

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052

I like the wii and will enjoy it when better games come out. It funny you call me gay, when your name is "in touch with the wii" Who's wii are you touching???

If you're going to correct someone, make sure you don't sound like a retard either. The items in bold are your mistakes, while whats underlined needs to be restated in a way that makes you look more intelligent. Until then, stop trying to be a smart ass, when you're clearly brain dead.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    7791-8243-5459-4780

ROFL I have to hand it to ya, that was actually pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    If you're going to correct someone, make sure you don't sound like a retard either. The items in bold are your mistakes, while whats underlined needs to be restated in a way that makes you look more intelligent. Until then, stop trying to be a smart ass, when you're clearly brain dead.
    So was that though.
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (ocz tony's latest)
    AMD Opteron 165 Denmark CCBBE 0615 EPMW w/ Corsair Nautilus 500 @ 322x9@ 1.45v
    2x Patriot 1024MB PC-4000 [3-4-4-8]
    XFX Geforce 7900GS Extreme 256MB PCI-E x16 @ 620/820
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Seagate 750GB - SATA | Maxtor 200GB - PATA
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3550A - | Lite on DVD+/-RW SOHW 1633S
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8569.cfm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07029/756844-96.stm

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070130-8733.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2007...ation-nvda.htm

LASTLY, LISTEN to NVIDIA's Bellyaching
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/760/760643p1.html

ARGUMENT: With the facts provided, we draw obvious conclusions;
    1) wii is outselling the ps3.
    2) ps3 demand is in a downtrend
    3) Nvidia is partnered with ps3 and suffers along
    4) The individual named "wii&ps3" does not check his premises...
    5) The Wii rules.

...nuff said
    good quotes, just what we need
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Ads