Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    so when is this price cut comming

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hardman
    I heard the Blue ray machine in the PS3 is of a similar standard to a entry level dedicated one so why bother.
    Where are you getting your source from? Every article I read comparing PS3's Blu-ray player to settop boxes all said the PS3 player is comparable if not superior to these other players.
    Sony PS3 120GB with Fedora Core 5 * Nintendo Wii * Sony PSP * Sony PS2 * 2x Sony KDSXBR1 R50 50 inch 1080p displays *

5x Dell P4 Optiplex GX280 * Dell Centrino Inspiron 600m * Dell dual Xeon Precision Workstation 690 * Mac Dual processor G5 * TabletKiosk EO

New Addition (2/28/2007): Dell Core Duo Inspiron XPS M1710

Member #
    Friends
    http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/19/b...on-s-division/

interesting article.. didn't know blu ray has such a good backing.. maybe a good chance for it, as long as the price comes down pretty quick
    Super Mario Brothers - The Legend of Zelda
    Super Mario World - Super Mario 64
    Zelda, A Link to the Past - Mario Kart 64
    Ocarina of Time

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by krenshaw
    http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/19/b...on-s-division/

interesting article.. didn't know blu ray has such a good backing.. maybe a good chance for it, as long as the price comes down pretty quick
    Yes, Blu-ray have great support from studios, but HD-DVD is still leading in total number of discs sold. However, that gap have been closing rapidly since last November, when Blu-ray received a much needed boost from the launch of the PS3. I believe Blu-ray outsold HD-DVD by a whopping 20% in December and January. Some analysts are saying that this phenomenon is caused by the PS3's inclusion of a 15% off coupon for a Blu-ray disc purchase, but whether if it is coupon or not, with the gaps closing and a greater support from studios, Blu-ray is looking good as the next generation media.
    Sony PS3 120GB with Fedora Core 5 * Nintendo Wii * Sony PSP * Sony PS2 * 2x Sony KDSXBR1 R50 50 inch 1080p displays *

5x Dell P4 Optiplex GX280 * Dell Centrino Inspiron 600m * Dell dual Xeon Precision Workstation 690 * Mac Dual processor G5 * TabletKiosk EO

Member #
    Friends
    yeah though i wouldn't be surprised if they both hang around for a while.. i doubt they'd ever need a full blu ray for movies of any sort, they would be more practical for computers and such.. since HD is so much cheaper it would make more sense to use them for things that don't need that freakin huge size
    Super Mario Brothers - The Legend of Zelda
    Super Mario World - Super Mario 64
    Zelda, A Link to the Past - Mario Kart 64
    Ocarina of Time

Member #
    Friends
    I completely agree that both formats will be around for sometime.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm surprised that no one has said this but don't you guys know that the PS3 is around $400 in Japan? And yet the Wii is still outselling? I think there will be a point where a price cut will do nothing. The way I see it, a price cut must occur before 2008 or else it won't matter.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RedProdigy
    I'm surprised that no one has said this but don't you guys know that the PS3 is around $400 in Japan? And yet the Wii is still outselling? I think there will be a point where a price cut will do nothing. The way I see it, a price cut must occur before 2008 or else it won't matter.
    the wii is also cheaper there, its a whole different economy

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    2476-7789-3835-5591
    if they do get a price cut they are going to take some stuff out like backward compatibility
    I have the wii!!!! i know i suck at spelling!

Rep me if I did good.
    Spoiler Alert!

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticGohan
    if they do get a price cut they are going to take some stuff out like backward compatibility
    yep they already did that to europe, which is a joke. i think that is the first time ever that a game console has been released and then had stuff taken off of it. how much money can they really save doing that anyway? they are such a joke, it just keeps getting worse and worse. apparently, their eyes were too big for peoples patience or pockets. they can learn a lot from nintendo because their sales clearly mean bigger and more graphics isnt always better.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Ads