LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PS3 or 360?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    For my money, I'd be getting an Xbox 360. Reason being is both have great graphics, if one is slightly better then the other I don't care, my PC beats them both anyway.
    Where the Xbox shines is in the multiplayer aspect. The level of integration the xbox operating system has with it's games is excellent. If I didn't have more important uses for my money I'd be picking up a 360 for sure, just for the online play.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Dude, if you only own a 360 why are you on Wiichat? Are you just another loser?

ics
    Member #
    Friends
    and just to note, the ps3 is more powerful than 360, all though 360 dose have some strengths in areas ps3 dosent..ps3s potential has yet to be relized though (people are comparing 1st gen ps3 games to 2nd gen 360 games which is amazing in its own right)
    The PS3 is NOT more powerfull.

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

1. Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.

The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.

2. Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance

The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.

3. Memory System Bandwidth

The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
    Last edited by ics; 02-09-2007 at 10:50 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm a little more on the fence now than when I started this thread. I used to think that the price difference was a big plus for the 360, but then I realized that you have to fork over another $100 for a Wi-Fi adapter (built in on PS3) and $50/year to use the internet (free on PS3), not to mention the extra $200 for the HDDVD drive.

The IGN link from the last post is from 5/2005. Didn't sony make improvements to the hardware since then? I agree that once develpers learn how to optimize the PS3, it will have superior graphics to the 360.

I think the kicker here is going to be the console exclusive games. On the one hand, you have Halo 3, Gears of War, Crackdown, Lost Planet, and Dead Rising. On the other, you have MGS4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (may not be exclusive), Mercenaries 2, God of War II (PS2), Motor Storm, Army of Two, and Lair. Did I leave anything out? Tough call.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
    I'm a little more on the fence now than when I started this thread. I used to think that the price difference was a big plus for the 360, but then I realized that you have to fork over another $100 for a Wi-Fi adapter (built in on PS3) and $50/year to use the internet (free on PS3), not to mention the extra $200 for the HDDVD drive.

The IGN link from the last post is from 5/2005. Didn't sony make improvements to the hardware since then? I agree that once develpers learn how to optimize the PS3, it will have superior graphics to the 360.

I think the kicker here is going to be the console exclusive games. On the one hand, you have Halo 3, Gears of War, Crackdown, Lost Planet, and Dead Rising. On the other, you have MGS4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (may not be exclusive), Mercenaries 2, God of War II (PS2), Motor Storm, Army of Two, and Lair. Did I leave anything out? Tough call.
    army of two is for 360 too
    its 50 for 13 months if you buy prepaid cards, and you dont NEED wifi adapter and it comes with an ethernet cord
    only the $600 ps3 has a wifi reciever built in so there ya go, but yah most importantly it comes down to games, 360 has all those you mentioned plus mass effect, bioshock, and others i cant think of right now, but there are plenty of games that are going to come out on ps3 adn 360, but basically, if youve been into sony games in the past, youll want the ps3, give us some more backround on your gaming history

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Gaming history: NES, SNES, N64, XBOX, Wii.

Loved Halo 1 & 2, so I was originally planning to buy the 360 for Halo 3, and Gears of War looks awesome. But I have to admit, PS3 has some nice looking exclusives planned. Also, I never had a PS2 and wouldn't mind playing some of the better PS2 games.

I have cable internet, but the modem is upstairs and TV downstairs, so I'll have to buy the Wi-Fi adapter if I want any online features for the 360. So I think I'm looking at $550+ to get started w/ the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    3 things would justify me getting a 360. If they price dropped it $100 and put the new chip inside. If they had Metal Gear Solid 4 online multi player with the new chip. That would seal the deal. Right now I'll give Nintendo a full year to show promise with their online games.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
    Gaming history: NES, SNES, N64, XBOX, Wii.

Loved Halo 1 & 2, so I was originally planning to buy the 360 for Halo 3, and Gears of War looks awesome. But I have to admit, PS3 has some nice looking exclusives planned. Also, I never had a PS2 and wouldn't mind playing some of the better PS2 games.

I have cable internet, but the modem is upstairs and TV downstairs, so I'll have to buy the Wi-Fi adapter if I want any online features for the 360. So I think I'm looking at $550+ to get started w/ the 360.
    360 also comes with microphone and an arcade game (ps3 dosent come with microphone and arcade game is $5 value) but i would say 360 because if you loved halos then thats great, sonys exclusives run strong on their fanbase thus spawning a lot of sequels so your kidna outta luck if you dont dig them

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mykennedy
    i find it funny that this is the ps3 portion of wiichat. yet no one is picking the ps3 hahaha. but hey. notch a vote for the 360 from me as well
    I dont find it that funny. In fact, you havent really thought this through. Sure, its the PS3 section. The PS3 section of WIICHAT. You arent a member of PS3CHAT, are you? Why not, they have a Wii section!

So, to get down to the point, I doubt, that if there were a PS3-Chat out there, many people would support the Wii, even if they had a Wii section.

Custom User Title (TM) MaXiMiUS's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2573-4546-5926-8361
    Quote Originally Posted by mykennedy
    i find it funny that this is the ps3 portion of wiichat. yet no one is picking the ps3 hahaha. but hey. notch a vote for the 360 from me as well
    If I had a briefcase full of money I'd run out and buy a PS3, and a 360.

The 360 would be to send to http://smashmyxbox.com/

The PS3 would be to replace my ancient PS2. It eats DVDs.
    Owned: Excite Truck [8 GRP], Wii Sports [6G, 7R, 8P], Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [9G, 5RP], Elebits [7GR, 5P], Wii Play [5G, 8RP], The Godfather: Blackhand Edition [10G, 9R, 7P], Super Paper Mario [8G, 6R, 5P], SSX Blur [10 GRP].
    Rented: Rayman Raving Rabbids [6G, 7R, 9P].
    Wanted: Resident Evil 4, no Wii games currently.

G = Gameplay Rating, R = Replay Value, P = Party Rating, all out of 10.

Ads