LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73
  1. #41
    Soul of highest Calibur Flagel's Avatar
    Member #
    2789
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    399
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Right and you do? Lets see some facts. Blu ray titles are outselling hd dvd by more than 3 to 1. There are alot more blu ray playes on the market than hd dvd. There are more movie studios backing blu ray. If those arent facts, then I guess I should buy a diction and look up the definition.
    Proof that blu ray titles are outselling please? also it should be dictionary, diction is your choice of words.
    Also after simply googling 'blu ray vs hd dvd' most sites don't actually offer any definitive answer , however one site (and I quote) said "But all aspects considered -- reliability of hardware, video and audio quality of the discs released thus far, overall value for money -- I have to give HD DVD props for defying almost all predictions and trumping Blu-ray right at the starting line. For all of the Blu-ray camp's boasting of superior storage capability, increased interactivity and more across-the-board industry support, it just hasn't amounted to an appreciably better real-world product. In fact, Blu-ray has thus far underperformed. " [source http://www.highdefdigest.com/feature...ound_one.html]


    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    I agree. Flailing your arms in the air everytime you want your character to do something is stupid. It gets old after a while. It workes great for games like wii sports, but its gonna hurt gameplay on almost everything else.
    See where you say it is stupid, it is kind of obvious that you are being a tad childish, also, saying something like "it works great for games like wii sports" doesn't really narrow it down, so what I think you're trying to say, is that wii games work great with wii controls ??? yeah I think so to. However can you flail a ps3 controller? Would it even be nearly as fun? Also, you said that it would hurt gameplay, however it quite clearly improves gameplay as you become more involved in the game and enjoy it more, also it isn't so much flailing, as the wiimote is actually precise (and superior motion sensing to the ps3 controller, and the wiimotes exact location is pinpointed whereas only movements are sensed in the ps3 controller)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Why fix what isnt broken? The ps3 remote is comfortable and it does its job very well. Being wireless with rechargable batteries is awesome. I also love the motion sensing better than the wii.
    Why fix what isn't broken? Fix isn't the word, more like improve, why not improve it? Also how can you love the motion sensing better than the wii? Thats akin to saying "yeah I like video tapes more than dvds" , when one is clearly superior in all aspects.

    My opinion overall on the playstation 3, is that sony could have been great, they could have remained king of the console wars, yet they make some key mistakes: overpricing, features no one wants, arrogant sales reps (we've all read the quotations, GIANT CRAB BATTLE) imperfect backwards compatability [there really is no excuse, as the ps2 sold the most, and people still want to play those games]
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

  2. #42
    Pink as a pistol Hondan's Avatar
    Member #
    16957
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, USA
    Posts
    58
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    Proof that blu ray titles are outselling please?
    Looks like you have to learn how to use google a little better... J/K

    On a serious note, the data came from Nielsen VideoScan, and according to the research firm, Blu-ray is outselling HD-DVDs, and I believe the January sales data do suggest somewhere upwards of nearly 3:1, or for every 3 Blu-ray movies sold, one HD-DVD movie was sold. However, I was not aware of the sales ever being over 3:1. As far as the overall to-date sales data goes, I think Blu-ray have only recently taken over HD-DVD and HD-DVD is not too far behind, but the gap is quickly widening thanks to the much needed boost from the PS3. The European launch of the PS3 in March will provide another boost to Blu-ray, which should propel it to the top.

    Source: http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/02/01/bl...hddvd_nielsen/

    Source 2: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156920

    Source 3: http://www.betanews.com/article/Blur...elling-hd-dvd/
    Last edited by Hondan; 02-26-2007 at 06:29 PM.
    Sony PS3 120GB with Fedora Core 5 * Nintendo Wii * Sony PSP * Sony PS2 * 2x Sony KDSXBR1 R50 50 inch 1080p displays *

    5x Dell P4 Optiplex GX280 * Dell Centrino Inspiron 600m * Dell dual Xeon Precision Workstation 690 * Mac Dual processor G5 * TabletKiosk EO

    New Addition (2/28/2007): Dell Core Duo Inspiron XPS M1710

  3. #43
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondan
    Looks like you have to learn how to use google a little better... J/K

    On a serious note, the data came from Nielsen VideoScan, and according to the research firm, Blu-ray is outselling DVDs, and I believe the January sales data do suggest somewhere upwards of nearly 3:1, or for every 3 Blu-ray movies sold, one HD-DVD movie was sold. However, I was not aware of the sales ever being over 3:1. As far as the overall to-date sales data goes, I think Blu-ray have only recently taken over HD-DVD and HD-DVD is not too far behind, but the gap is quickly widening thanks to the much needed boost from the PS3. The European launch of the PS3 in March will provide another boost to Blu-ray, which should propel it to the top.

    Source: http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/02/01/bl...hddvd_nielsen/

    Source 2: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156920

    Source 3: http://www.betanews.com/article/Blur...elling-hd-dvd/
    so it looks like sony is trying to get on top before others having a chance, like the 360 (all the strategy with the 360 was awesome because it forced sony and nintendo to rush like hell)
    p.s. it looks like the second and third link are broken whilst the first says they are only outselling hd 2:1

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  4. #44
    Super Moderator RivalDestiny's Avatar
    WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    8214
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,451
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3

    Why fix what isnt broken? The ps3 remote is comfortable and it does its job very well. Being wireless with rechargable batteries is awesome. I also love the motion sensing better than the wii.
    This makes no sense . Isnt every control wireless now? And why do you like the controller better the wiimote. It's about the same as the PS2 and PS1. And Sony barely even worked on the motion sensing . You got mii lost here. I want to see you try making up more things about how the PS3 is better then the wii. I can probably name a million of why the wii is better.

    Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

  5. #45
    Pink as a pistol Hondan's Avatar
    Member #
    16957
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, USA
    Posts
    58
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    so it looks like sony is trying to get on top before others having a chance, like the 360 (all the strategy with the 360 was awesome because it forced sony and nintendo to rush like hell)
    p.s. it looks like the second and third link are broken whilst the first says they are only outselling hd 2:1
    Oops... here are the links.

    http://www.betanews.com/article/Blur...DVD/1172267610

    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156920

    The actual sales figure for Blu-ray VS. HD-DVD is like 2.7 to 1 or something, some pro-PS3 or pro-Blu-ray sites rounded it up to 3:1, while others rounded it down to 2:1.
    Sony PS3 120GB with Fedora Core 5 * Nintendo Wii * Sony PSP * Sony PS2 * 2x Sony KDSXBR1 R50 50 inch 1080p displays *

    5x Dell P4 Optiplex GX280 * Dell Centrino Inspiron 600m * Dell dual Xeon Precision Workstation 690 * Mac Dual processor G5 * TabletKiosk EO

    New Addition (2/28/2007): Dell Core Duo Inspiron XPS M1710

  6. #46
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by wii&PS3
    Right and you do? Lets see some facts. Blu ray titles are outselling hd dvd by more than 3 to 1. There are alot more blu ray playes on the market than hd dvd. There are more movie studios backing blu ray. If those arent facts, then I guess I should buy a diction and look up the definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    We've already established that you know nothing about what "facts" are.

    Next time you give an opinion, try not to refer to "facts" that you've not actually given. And by facts, I mean a statement that is undeniably true, and that doesn't rely on any assumptions (say for example, that the PS3 sells because of it's Blu-ray: the assumption. Not everybody has a phone to play mp3 files on. Likewise, not everybody who bought a PS2, brought it for the DVD player).
    I didn't state which "facts" you "provide" were false.

    Also, since you feel like slugging figures around:
    http://www.dvdempire.com/Content/Fea...99365296291063
    According to this, for Week Feb 20th, it states: HD-DVD = 35.70%, Blu-ray = 64.30%.
    Last time I check, that was not 3:1, and certainly not "more than" 3:1. 3:1 would be 75%. It's actually closer to 2:1. Also, strangely it noted that Blu-Ray has 18 studios, yet HD DVD has 19 studios.

    Another article: [url]http://www.betanews.com/article/Bluray_Disc_Sales_Surpass_HD_DVD/1172267610[.url]
    Blu-ray Disc Sales Surpass HD DVD
    By Ed Oswald, BetaNews
    February 23, 2007, 4:57 PM
    Data from Nielsen indicates that sales of Blu-ray media for the first time has outpaced that of HD DVD; however, as expected, both camps in the high-definition format war have different ways of interpreting the data.

    For the week of February 18, Blu-ray sold 100 units for every 98.71 units of HD DVD. That culminates a several week period where sales of the disc format began to catch up to HD DVD after nearly a year of slow sales.

    Analysts credit the launch of the PlayStation 3, which includes a Blu-ray drive, as helping to boost sales*. The resurgent format also seems to have a five-to-one advantage over HD DVD in actual player sales.

    However, this is where supporters of HD DVD step in to defend their own format.

    "Given that the life to date title sales ratios are close to 1:1, and given that Blu-ray has a 5:1 ratio right now on the hardware side due to the PS3, it poses an interesting question for the Blu-ray studios of why Blu-ray software sales are not outpacing HD DVD by a similar ratio?" Universal's HD DVD chief Ken Graffeo told BetaNews.

    He noted that while sales are now basically even, HD DVD players still sport an attach rate than is five times higher than Blu-ray's. Furthermore, the #1 selling title across either format is Batman Begins, available only on HD DVD. The #2 title Superman Returns, while available in both formats, shows higher sales for HD DVD copies than the Blu-ray version, the HD DVD Promotional Group noted.

    Representatives for Sony's Blu-ray format sing a different song, saying that surpassing HD DVD in disc sales was no big surprise. Chief among its newfound dominance, they claim, are the technical superiority of the format, the launch of the PS3, and better availability of titles and players.

    It should be noted that so far this year, Blu-ray titles have outpaced HD DVD releases by a 2-to-1 margin.
    * However, what they don't mention is that the PS3 can also be used exclusively as a video gaming console on its own. This may skew the results slightly, considering one cannot buy a PS3 without paying for the Blu Ray component on top. It's the equivolent to including Mobile phones in statistics to show how well MP3 players are selling.

    And with you comparing number of units sold to number of units shipped in previous debates, ye, I think you don't know what facts are, and especially how to use them.

    Oh, and also, www.ps3chat.com may be a better place for you.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  7. #47
    Banned Wii&Ps3's Avatar
    Member #
    12575
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    415
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Proof that blu ray titles are outselling please? also it should be dictionary, diction is your choice of words.
    Also after simply googling 'blu ray vs hd dvd' most sites don't actually offer any definitive answer , however one site (and I quote) said "But all aspects considered -- reliability of hardware, video and audio quality of the discs released thus far, overall value for money -- I have to give HD DVD props for defying almost all predictions and trumping Blu-ray right at the starting line. For all of the Blu-ray camp's boasting of superior storage capability, increased interactivity and more across-the-board industry support, it just hasn't amounted to an appreciably better real-world product. In fact, Blu-ray has thus far underperformed. " [source http://www.highdefdigest.com/feature...ound_one.html]
    http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/468
    Do I actually need proof? Its common sense. Theres are alot more blu ray players on the market than hd dvd.

    doing well in australia as well
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/home-thea...405337968.html
    Im sure you will dog this link
    http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=117


    Its also cheaper to produce the disks

    http://wesleytech.com/blu-ray-vs-hd-...-revealed/111/





    See where you say it is stupid, it is kind of obvious that you are being a tad childish, also, saying something like "it works great for games like wii sports" doesn't really narrow it down, so what I think you're trying to say, is that wii games work great with wii controls ??? yeah I think so to. However can you flail a ps3 controller? Would it even be nearly as fun? Also, you said that it would hurt gameplay, however it quite clearly improves gameplay as you become more involved in the game and enjoy it more, also it isn't so much flailing, as the wiimote is actually precise (and superior motion sensing to the ps3 controller, and the wiimotes exact location is pinpointed whereas only movements are sensed in the ps3 controller)
    Red steel, cod 3 are terrible. Cod was pretty good on the ps3. The graphics and remote ruined it for these games. Im almost scared to see what resident evil will look like. My wii remote lags like crazy. I guess thats precise???? I think not. PLus my wii rmeotes constantly drop connections and cant be resynced unless I reboot the system.


    Why fix what isn't broken? Fix isn't the word, more like improve, why not improve it? Also how can you love the motion sensing better than the wii? Thats akin to saying "yeah I like video tapes more than dvds" , when one is clearly superior in all aspects.
    Mine doesnt drop connections, doesnt lag, and can be recharged. I dont need to flail my arms to get my character to swing a sword. If you want to burn some calories, go to the gym. If you want to play video games, leave it up to a real video game system

    Also, since you feel like slugging figures around:
    http://www.dvdempire.com/Content/Fea...99365296291063
    According to this, for Week Feb 20th, it states: HD-DVD = 35.70%, Blu-ray = 64.30%.
    Last time I check, that was not 3:1, and certainly not "more than" 3:1. 3:1 would be 75%. It's actually closer to 2:1. Also, strangely it noted that Blu-Ray has 18 studios, yet HD DVD has 19 studios.
    Big deal still crushing hd dvd
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/studios.php


    This makes no sense . Isnt every control wireless now? And why do you like the controller better the wiimote. It's about the same as the PS2 and PS1. And Sony barely even worked on the motion sensing . You got mii lost here. I want to see you try making up more things about how the PS3 is better then the wii. I can probably name a million of why the wii is better.
    Its more comfortable, does need new batteries, doesnt lag, doesnt drop connections, and is less expensive than the nunchuck combo. I can name a million why the wii sucks, whats your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    me want to have sex with other men
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    im a retarted little kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Well, YOU CAN'T TRADE GAMES. Once you use them on a system they only work on THAT system.
    Maybe I should tell blockbuster to stop renting ps3 games then

  8. #48
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Big deal still crushing hd dvd
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/studios.php
    Getting your figures from a biased source there. Also,
    Blu-ray Disc is supported by seven of the eight major movie studios (Disney, Fox, Lionsgate, MGM, Paramount, Sony and Warner), which have announced that they will release movies in the Blu-ray Disc format. Universal Studios is the only movie studio which has chosen to support the competing HD-DVD format exclusively for now. That means that if you want to watch movies in high definition from Universal Studios, you have to buy a HD-DVD player. However, if you choose to buy a HD-DVD player instead of a Blu-ray player, you won't be able to play high definition movies from Disney (Buena Vista), Fox, Lionsgate, MGM and Sony, which has decided to support Blu-ray exclusively. Warner and Paramount has decided to support both Blu-ray and HD-DVD. With the majority of the movie studios supporting Blu-ray, a massive support from consumer electronics companies, the fact that PlayStation 3 features a Blu-ray Disc drive that you can play Blu-ray movies with and that Blu-ray is the superior technology over HD-DVD, we believe that Blu-ray is the best choice.
    1. Universal Studios is a big studio that is only backing HD DVD,
    2. This reads like an advert, far from the "factual" aspects that we should be looking at,
    3. Look at Sony's announcements concerning the PS3 over the past year. They've obviously fight talking.
    4. Sure, the Blu-Ray may be more impressive specs wise, but look at the PS3. It's not selling as well as could be. To sum it up: Best technology doesn't always equal the victor.
    5. With this kind of marketing crap, misinformed people would think that Blu-Ray is "Far Superior", when quite frankly, they should wait until the joint HD DVD/Blu-Ray players are selling at a decent price.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    HD DVD is promoted by Toshiba, NEC, Sanyo, Microsoft, RCA and Intel, among others. In terms of major studios In North America, HD DVD is currently exclusively backed by Universal Studios(including subsidiaries Rogue Pictures/Focus Features) and The Weinstein Company/Genius Products(includes Dimension Films), and is non-exclusively backed by Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Music Group, New Line Cinema, HBO, Studio Canal, and Image Entertainment (including Discovery Channel),[22] Magnolia Pictures,[23] Brentwood Home Video, Ryko, Koch/Goldhil Entertainment,[24] . HP, LG, Lite On, Onkyo, Meridan and Alpine also support HD DVD non-exclusively. Also with history as a reference, the adult-movie/pornography industry may have a big influence in the HD DVD versus Blu-Ray format war, at least when it comes to home rental and retail purchases or pressed movies as it generates multi-billion annual revenue worldwide, (with US$57 billion in annual revenue worldwide reported in May, 2006). [6] HD DVD is currently exclusively backed by several adult-movie/pornography studios/publishers, like Digital Playground Inc., Wicked Pictures, Pink Visual, Bang Bros, and ClubJenna Inc. (which on 22 June 2006 was acquired by Playboy Enterprises), and HD DVD is also non-exclusively backed by Vivid Entertainment.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  9. #49
    Soul of highest Calibur Flagel's Avatar
    Member #
    2789
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    399
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    My wii remote lags like crazy. I guess thats precise???? I think not. PLus my wii rmeotes constantly drop connections and cant be resynced unless I reboot the system.

    See, i've never had any of those problems, as there are these little things, called 'manuals' as well as this little thing called the 'internet' , they both help solve and prevent problems, now i'm not saying that you're a retard, but generally if people have problems they try and fix them, I would not put up with a laggy disconnecting wiimote , as generally wiimotes do not lag and disconnect, i've been playing for hours with no such thing. Also the wiimote charger is on its way, until then use chargable batteries, you heard of those? So don't go saying other controllers have advantages because they recharge.

    Also all of the blu-ray stats, really don't mean much to gamers, as ultimately it comes down to the games, It is akin to getting your ps3 modded into a grill, then saying how some companies sell more burgers.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

  10. #50
    WiiChat Member JeremyGTS's Avatar
    Member #
    8880
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    368
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    yeah i never had any problem with my wiimote other than sitting it down for 10 mins while games paused and i have to hit "A" button to reconnect WAAAAA i had to press a button... no synch issues i guess im one of the lucky ones...
    i think red steel is a good game not the best but its a good launch FPS...
    seen some video on you tube that compared COD with ps3,360,and wii
    and yes 360,and PS had better graphics but i didnt think it was drop dead fred incredible...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. WII winner and champion of systems wars! Now you opinion
    By brigipson in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 11:32 AM
  2. Get Your Own Opinion! [A Bandwagon Rant]
    By LevesqueIsKing in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 12:52 PM
  3. What is your opinion on Wii?
    By tsinhakush in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 07:44 PM
  4. Trauma Center: Second Opinion is Worth Buying?
    By Arcadium in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 06:00 PM