LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I haven't had any problems with my Wiimote either, except for the Red Steel game, but I think that is due to the poor control scheme of the game.
    Sony PS3 120GB with Fedora Core 5 * Nintendo Wii * Sony PSP * Sony PS2 * 2x Sony KDSXBR1 R50 50 inch 1080p displays *

5x Dell P4 Optiplex GX280 * Dell Centrino Inspiron 600m * Dell dual Xeon Precision Workstation 690 * Mac Dual processor G5 * TabletKiosk EO

New Addition (2/28/2007): Dell Core Duo Inspiron XPS M1710

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I too have never had any troubles with the wiimote that couldn't be solved by reading the manual.

Neither has my remote been so laggy as to make a game less enjoyable.

I also agree that Red Steel could have had better controls, but to be fair, what do you expect, it's from Ubisoft (as you can tell, I'm not a great fan). It was an 'experiment' to begin with, one that has spawned off the upcoming Red Steel 2 (working title), that will hopefully iron out all the bugs and the like.

But ye, the wiimote is really very good and versatile.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7

I also agree that Red Steel could have had better controls, but to be fair, what do you expect, it's from Ubisoft (as you can tell, I'm not a great fan). It was an 'experiment' to begin with, one that has spawned off the upcoming Red Steel 2 (working title), that will hopefully iron out all the bugs and the like.

they had the right idea when making red steel they just need to learn how to get the turning and aiming in sinc with 1 another so its fluid and so it doesnt feel akward...but still good try by ubisoft
    Hows it taste mother Fu*ker!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by swiper
    they had the right idea when making red steel they just need to learn how to get the turning and aiming in sinc with 1 another so its fluid and so it doesnt feel akward...but still good try by ubisoft
    I completely agree, the game looks fantastic, but the controls are so frustrating! Hope they will fix this problem with the sequel.
    Sony PS3 120GB with Fedora Core 5 * Nintendo Wii * Sony PSP * Sony PS2 * 2x Sony KDSXBR1 R50 50 inch 1080p displays *

5x Dell P4 Optiplex GX280 * Dell Centrino Inspiron 600m * Dell dual Xeon Precision Workstation 690 * Mac Dual processor G5 * TabletKiosk EO

New Addition (2/28/2007): Dell Core Duo Inspiron XPS M1710

Del fuego he resurgido... Axtlar's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    omfg i was drinking kool aid and almost spurted it out when i read that last bit
    Blasphemist

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Its more comfortable, does need new batteries, doesnt lag, doesnt drop connections, and is less expensive than the nunchuck combo. I can name a million why the wii sucks, whats your point?
    All I'm saying is that the Wii brings us a new way to play. I'm sure you like just like to press buttons. And again you don't flail your arm to swing a sword. Unless your super hyper and want to be a real samurai or whatever. All your doing is defending yourself. I'm sure your 18-23 where you want violent hardcore games. But grown-ups like the wii along with children. Unless your serious about gaming then PS3 is your system. And I agree this is a better place for you. www.ps3chat.com and please change your name from Wii&PS3 to PS3.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, I was wondering why someone who's hating on the Wii is called "Wii&PS3".

I can just mimic the rest with the "PS3 too expensive" stuff but I'm too lazy to do that.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Axtlar
    Blasphemist
    wtf? how is he a blasphemist? Do you even know what blasphemy is, or are you just a loud-mouthed 5-year-old nintendo fanboy like most people think?

Member #
    Friends
    Lol, you know he may have been kidding around.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Ok, you know your company is in big trouble if your system just got dominated by something called a 'Wii'. That being said, Sony needs to work on making improvements and changes to their next console (and any other next gen console will need to work harder). Nintendo set the standard for next gen gaming (which will likely be in 5-10 years).

The 360 took the first leap into the now current-gen by offering a more powerful console but then Nintendo announced their motion sensing remote like controller, causing Sony to try to match that.

All three companies will have to drastically change their next gen systems just because one of them decided to do something different. Nintendo is all the rage and what the customer wants is what the company makes. So since the Wii has clearly made an impact on the console industry, the other two companies will have to predict and match whatever the next gen console will be like.

It is a clear message to Sony that they have to start changing things, try something new. Yes, the PS1 and PS2 have brought you to the top but the third didn't do as well as the other two so it's time for a change. I think Sony will have to start with the closest and most important aspect of console gaming: the controller, which was something Nintendo did. Sony will have to do something about it, maybe better grip? slightly different button configuration? or something that will surprise us.

I don't see why Sony didn't change their controller. The 360 changed the controller: From a bulky black hunk to a streamline curved white one (and personally one of the best controllers i have ever held for long periods). Nintendo also changed theirs, drastically too. Nintendo had previously tried to follow the xbox and PS2 with the similar Gamecube controllers (by similar i mean like a gamepad, joystick, hold with two hands, etc. nothing we haven't really seen). And so Nintendo completely changed their controllers. Sony tried to improve but they nobody really liked the silver boomerang. So they decided to keep the same controller (lazy imo) and only make R2 and L2 trigger buttons and add motion sensing. that's not much of a difference. no streamline design to fit in the hand, but i guess they were putting their bets on the same design that made them king the 2 previous rounds.

If only we had the Wiis Wiimote merged with the PS3's brute strength, then I would undoubtedly call that the dream console. If only, but it is only a dream :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Ads