LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    100 proof straight Sketch Sketch Turner's Avatar
    Member #
    In a place above a place that's below a place but inbetween the other places. o_O
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBiRd
    Sonic is right the my ps2 commited sucide when i used dvds on it
    What happened? It died?

Pain is weakness leaving the body

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm91
    It's actually more like $870 US for the 60GB and $800 US for the 20GB to produce. Those numbers were from a CNET article sometime ago, so the cost of manufacturing has probably gone down since then.

Unnecessary hardware? Your right, Hard Drives, wireless internet, and HD content is just a fad. It's already on it's way out. Soon, we'll have cutting edge technology like B/W TVs and dial up internet connections. Plus, we'll have 512 MB of Flash memory to store all our pictures, movies, and music. The future is going to be great!

Let's face it, you'll never buy a PS3 no matter what. We get your point. Not that you have, but just try not to spread misinformation. Thanks.

Oh, and seeing how the large majority of the US still has standard def TVs, an HDMI cable is not necessary.
    First off I said MIGHT not be here in the future. I'm talking about BluRay. Go ahead and pretend like its won the format war or w/e but the average consumer could care less about HD DVD or BluRay at the moment. Its NOT important to me. 2nd of all I already have a computer thank you very much. I do not need one as an extra feature to compliment playing games. I was not spreading misinformation.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    First off I said MIGHT not be here in the future. I'm talking about BluRay. Go ahead and pretend like its won the format war or w/e but the average consumer could care less about HD DVD or BluRay at the moment. Its NOT important to me. 2nd of all I already have a computer thank you very much. I do not need one as an extra feature to compliment playing games. I was not spreading misinformation.
    Of course Bluray hasn't won. But it's looking pretty damn strong. IMO, it's the better format. Regardless of your preferences, larger storage capacity is always a good thing.

I agree with you 100% HD content is not important to the majority of consumers because the majority of consumers don't have HD TV's. And for those that do have HDTV's, a lot of them are idiots: Look here But for those of us with HD sets, there's no going back, so having that feature built in is a huge benefit. Get a HD set and all of a sudden it might be important to you too.

Sorry about the misinformation comment. In one of these Home threads you stated that Home was a copy of Mii. My bad, wrong thread.
    Last edited by dsm91; 03-15-2007 at 08:38 PM.
    Knowledge is power. Use it to form your opinions, not the other way around.

100 proof straight Sketch Sketch Turner's Avatar
    Member #
    In a place above a place that's below a place but inbetween the other places. o_O
    Friends
    I will buy the PS3 for the pure pleasyre of having it, not because of Home.

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Member #
    Friends
    better a pc you can work with it xd and the same games and the blu-ray thing mmmm i think blu-ray or hd dvd format will not be used for a while =S still the computers come with cd and dvd

for that price i prefer a pc

but thats my opinion
    Wii`ve Got The Power
    Wii Are Divine
    Wii Have The Guts To Follow The Sign
    Extracting Tensions From Sources Unknown
    Wii Are The ones To Cover The Throne

Member #
    Friends
    6300-7606-5756-1418
    idk im getin ps3 4 home and home only dat shits sooo kool
    jesterslavewii

Member #
    Friends
    Simply put I would not buy ps3 just for home. Mind you that home does look very impressive still I would wait until some good games come out..and until the price goes down..Hopefully sometime soon...I hope.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    In regards to the price if by sometime soon you mean 2 years or so then you're all "set". The bottom line is that they're losing money on every machine they sell and its not going to make them LOWER the price anytime in the next few months. Add to the fact that their games cost 5$9.99 (a disturbing fact I just noticed a few weeks ago) I honestly don't see why anyone would drop that much money for Sony. I've said it once and I'll say it again the only reason I'd consider getting it is for FF13 but the chances are getting stronger and stronger that that even won't be a PS3 exclusive. But I will admit that a LOT would have to happen for that to happen. Either way Sony is in a pile of sh*t.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, no. I buy consoles for games, nothing else. While it is interesting I doubt I'd use it enough to even consider it as a reason to buy a PS3.

I'm willing to break them into pieces, crush them at my feet. - Hironobu Sakaguchi

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Wii, 360 and Ps3 games are the same price in the UK...

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Ads