LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    You know, if Sony do lose money for every PS3 console sold, why would they make them? Don't say to entertain us, that's got to be utter bollocks. Yet you could never call £180 a rip-off compared to £425, I don't want to have to right a lengthy post to elaborate on that.

Have to add that the PS1 didn't "kill" the N64, it was more close than you think but of course the PS1 was better, yet name me some all time classics that came from it.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz
    You know, if Sony do lose money for every PS3 console sold, why would they make them? Don't say to entertain us, that's got to be utter bollocks. Yet you could never call 180 a rip-off compared to 425, I don't want to have to right a lengthy post to elaborate on that.

Have to add that the PS1 didn't "kill" the N64, it was more close than you think but of course the PS1 was better, yet name me some all time classics that came from it.
    well
    overtime ps1 killed it, it was out overrall longer so yah
    and its a strategy xbox1 started, give the consumer great technology with loss on your side, and hope to make up for it in software
    xbox started it
    then xbox 360 furthered it
    and now ps3

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Who cares what Sony does, as long as there are great games for the Wii it is irrelevant. 3rd party dev support is important for any console, so no one is giving sony credit for those games really.

But when it comes to games like Assasins Creed, Devil May Cry, Oblivion and those kind of games the devs just aren't making them for Wii and it has nothing to do with Sony. It is because of other factors.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    well when people talk about rip offs, the only way ps3 could you off is blu ray, which is winning, so its not, so then yuo just have to go for hwo much bang you get for your buck, and in that case wii rips you off
    Blue ray might be winning but its still not caught on, i doubt it will ever catch on... thats like saying minidisk is better than 8track dude... doesnt matter no ones buying it so who cares... dvd style media is over.. they were too late in the game... dvd sales slip everyday... and every hddvd and blueray disk sold together is still less than one hit movie on dvd.... they are both great formats i wont argue that.. they hold tones of info.. and are great but in todays age when all you do is click "buy" on your HD box to get a movie of the same quality for a 5th the price who will bother buying a blueray or Hddvd?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by in touch with the wii
    think about it if ps3 loses 3rd party games they are left next to nothing plus wii has taken over japan sonys main moneymaker
    Hell no! Sony has bin ruined since 05 No one even buys their TVs anymore. Nintendo is the main game company in japan.

-BTW guitaer hero, FF, and mabey kingdom hearts are comming to wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Blue ray might be winning but its still not caught on, i doubt it will ever catch on... thats like saying minidisk is better than 8track dude... doesnt matter no ones buying it so who cares... dvd style media is over.. they were too late in the game... dvd sales slip everyday... and every hddvd and blueray disk sold together is still less than one hit movie on dvd.... they are both great formats i wont argue that.. they hold tones of info.. and are great but in todays age when all you do is click "buy" on your HD box to get a movie of the same quality for a 5th the price who will bother buying a blueray or Hddvd?
    HD box? those havent caught on anymore than blu ray/hddvd players have im sure..and if its a fifth of the price it wouldnt have the movie forever, maybe a day rental...
    and dude, its called the future, you said it yourself the dvd sales are slipping everyday, and sony hopes to keep the ps3 around for 10 years...so a format will have to take over, and right now blu ray is winning

Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    Hell no! Sony has bin ruined since 05 No one even buys their TVs anymore. Nintendo is the main game company in japan.

-BTW guitaer hero, FF, and mabey kingdom hearts are comming to wii.
    FF chrystal chronicles is all that has come out on nintendo home consoles....and thats what is coming to the wii, totally different from the real FFs..

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    yes its called HD box.. satelite or cable.. if you even have an HDTV to need blueray or hddvd you better have satelite or cable HD comming into your home or its a waste of money.. i have a 1080i HD tivo for my satelite.. with more than enough memory and the movie is forever.. 3.99-5.99 thats it hit save.. im set.. if i want to take it anyware toss it on a friken 1 dollar dual layer dvd and its done... why would i waste my time buying a new style dvd player? and pay what 30-40 bucks for an HD movie.. when i get the same thing that cheep and can make a copy for almost nothing...

if you still have analog cable, or basic satelite in your home and have a 3000 on up HDTV whats the point.. anyone with HD signal has the option to add a tivo, and dvd burner for almost nothing.. i pay 5 bucks a month for subscription.. and the tivo and dvd player came with it for free... and i get every movie the day it comes out.. if i like it i burn a copie.. or toss it into my blank tower filled with cheep hard drives that i use for an extra DVR.. get a clue
    DVD is old news... soon enough it wont exsist.. just tiny little memory cards for all our stuff.. that you can write and rewrite over without the risk of scratching or worring about... i have an SD slot in my tivo.. use it all the time..

i give it another 5 years tops before dvd style is obsolete.. maybe another 5 after that till its outta the bargin bin at wallmart... but hey buy it up.. think of the stacks of movies you can get in 10 years for 2 for 9.99 fill your closet with them.. ill have one big tivo, and a stock of memory cards that take up no more room then one dvd case...

Member #
    Friends
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but without 3rd party support, no system could do well in this market. Look at the Gamecube: great 1st party games, but horrible 3rd party support. So don't get all "Nintendo is best because they create their own IP's"

It was mentioned that the trend in gaming is "mini-games" and not full fledged games? Boy, I hope this isn't true, as it would be a insult to the many gamers. This "trend" would be great for grandma and grandpa, but I'm willing argue that a lot of gamers want an immersive, deep game when they invest $50-$60.

Though the OP stated that the downloadable PS1 games suck, I'm sure many others would disagree? Who one that generation?

Nothing against Nintendo or their current marketing scheme. It's brilliant. I grew up with N, but for the most part, the games they offer now just don't appeal to me. If I had children, it would be the perfect system, as a lot of content that's out there for 360 and PS3 I wouldn't want young children to see.

Oh, and another thing about copying. EVERYONE DOES IT! Do you honestly think BMW and Mercedez would be as good as they are if the other didn't exist? Hell, we'd all still probably be stuck with Windows XP for another 5 years if there wasn't Apple OSX. Could you imagine how Internet Explorer would be today if there wasn't Firefox or Safari? I could argue that if Sony didn't get into the industry, we'd still be playing on cartridges. Get over it, because that aspect of business is NEVER going to change. It makes things better.

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz
    You know, if Sony do lose money for every PS3 console sold, why would they make them?

Answer = Blu-Ray

Getting Blu-ray to be the next home media format is more important to sony than the PS3.
    Also Sony will break even on the PS3 (through licensing) when every person who owns one buys 10 games...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....=sony_bullshit

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I just can't believe how much their copying off Ninty.. the Home thing and the conroller movement. It's like..plain as a sheet of paper what they've done, I'd kick their ass if I was Nintendo. Obviously not Nintendo as a whole as it wouldn't make sence, but like..yeah

Ads