LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Home wont last. Once they start to charge for things for it, people will stop using it. Look at all those simular things on the PC which have failed. Think about it. That sort of entertainment only last a few days before it becomes very boring, unless you are some sort of loser and stay at home all day playing your PS3 living in your parents basement.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Yes, it's done. People know 'Home' isn't a copy of the Miis.

Duh Home is gonna kick the Mii's asses, while Home has been a work in progress for years now, Mii's were a "made in a basement a week before release" type of thing. They weren't trying to out-due anyone, they were just trying to make things fun for there release. I think it was a great idea, start of with these Miis that you can use your creativity to make, then use them for a free game that comes with the console...

However, Wii&PS3 (as if you don't get this enough) you're a ridiculous Sony fanboy. You have good grammar, you sound smart, but sometimes you can say the most biased things...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&PS3
    a bunch of great games this year. People keep doubting sony, but they will be crying after sony surpasses the wii and the 360 in sales.
    And I beat Sonic in a race yesterday!

Dude, if any of that ever happens, lemme know. K?

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    Yes, it's done. People know 'Home' isn't a copy of the Miis.

Duh Home is gonna kick the Mii's asses, while Home has been a work in progress for years now, Mii's were a "made in a basement a week before release" type of thing. They weren't trying to out-due anyone, they were just trying to make things fun for there release. I think it was a great idea, start of with these Miis that you can use your creativity to make, then use them for a free game that comes with the console...

However, Wii&PS3 (as if you don't get this enough) you're a ridiculous Sony fanboy. You have good grammar, you sound smart, but sometimes you can say the most biased things...

And I beat Sonic in a race yesterday!

Dude, if any of that ever happens, lemme know. K?
    who hasnt beat sonic in the race, no one is selling as slow as he is!! OH!!!

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    who hasnt beat sonic in the race, no one is selling as slow as he is!! OH!!!
    Lol, i've heard the game sucks. I won't argue. :/

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    miis look like crap compared to these, funny only lasts for so long, while fun can last forever.........
    Home is spose to be fun forever?

Funny how Sims gets boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    The wii will stay ahead for a couple of years, but after that its going to be outdated. Nintendo will have to come up with a new system just to keep up. I think nintendo made a bad move with the wii. Good concept but it lacks alot.
    Ill remember that in a few years.

(PS: Mark Rein is obviously a fanboy/biased, not like the poster isnt either. But whatever, have fun with ye nerd wars - i quit long ago )
    Last edited by PtonJalken; 03-15-2007 at 07:55 PM.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    Home is spose to be fun forever?

Funny how Sims gets boring...

(PS: Mark Rein is obviously a fanboy/biased, not like the poster isnt either. But whatever, have fun with ye nerd wars - i quit long ago )
    sims get boring!? theres like millions of people who would beg to differ

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    Look its the pot calling the kettle black!

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    sims get boring!? theres like millions of people who would beg to differ

Games like Home are fun for awhile, i have never played any virtual reality style game and stuck to it very long. Its cool designing your stuff, doing whatever you can do there. but once you've done it all.. its pretty lame. Unless they do constant additions, it wont be more then another feature on the Ps3.

And anyone who still loves playing Sims games all the time, must lack an actual life to take part in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Look its the pot calling the kettle black!
    Ok?
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    Anyone who is banking on Sony winning this console war needs to stop smoking crack. Yes Sony has a very strong brand but they have seriously screwed up with this one.

We are all familiar with the HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray wars ... its not the first time Sony and Toshiba have gone at it. Before DVD came out, both Sony and Toshiba and their partners had put out competing formats. Eventually however, both sides came to the table and agreed upon a mutual format, DVD. Toshiba got the better end of the deal royalty wise however.
    The format war over with, Sony made one of the best business moves of all time by putting a DVD player in the PS2; thus allowing DVD to the masses and contributing to DVD's success ... which just loves taking credit for.

This time however, Sony decided they were going to win ... no matter what. There will be no compromise ... and here is where the problems start.

Timing wasn't exactly on Sony side this time. Sony released the PS3 before the next gen disk war had been decided. Sony, thinking that like DVD was for the PS2, blu-ray will be for the PS3 ... success will be achieve again and Sony will once again have another 100 million + console.

There is a problem, and i hope you see it. The media format war is still up in limbo with no clear winner. What really needs to be done is a mutual agreed upon format ... that probably won't happen however. Sony has put themselves a do or die position, unlike their rival Toshiba (which has anyways made better TV's in my opinion lol). If the blu-ray fails, so does the PS3 and probably Sony along with it. It blu-ray wins however, Sony is rich and secure for the next ten years.

The fact being that their will be no compromise means that the PS3 is mostly likely doomed to failure and just as Mr. Bill Gates predicted ... there will be a come from behind winner ... The hard drive.

Without blu-ray, people will have no reason the put the PS3. The games are no good ... whatever you want on the PS3 you can get on the 360. It will probably be better too.

Seriously people ... PS3 FTL.

Member #
    Friends
    To me this blu-ray thing is interesting enough, but would it not seem likely that if this whole concept is going to take off it is going to take years? VHS is really only just now going all the way out of style, and cd's came out how long ago? And I for one cannot afford a blu-ray player or the PS3. Certainly it is another luxury but before it comes to the masses like cell phones and dvd players did or a major price drop comes early, I think the point is obvious. However, fresh ideas and new products including the ones that make it start off at a very high price. The question is: will be become convinced or not? And I would love to be able to afford these things!

Ads