LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68
  1. #31
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    I don't think so, Sony lost ALL 3 party support, except squiar who will be making KH for other systems too.
    Thats funny, so you were at the Game developers conference 2007 were you? If you were there, you would not be here making stupid statements that are not even close to true. Sony has NOT lost their 3rd party support. The only thing SONY didnt do was retain some of their exclusives. Rockstar is still making GTA but its coming out on both systems, Lucasarts has some games in the works for PS3, Konami, Capcom, EA, activision, sega, Bethseda with oblivion.. the list can keep going.

    Sony, especially after the GDC earlier this month, has quite a bit of 3rd party support and its growing.

    So next time kid do your research before saying completely false statements.

    X360= Has all the little kids playing ggears of war and halo 3
    biased and stupid. Little kids are playing the wii due to the target audience. Have you even played Gears of war? damn amazing game. Very well made. Uses the unreal engine to boot. Lil kids wouldnt get very far in that game either. Halo 3 is a popular multiplayer franchise.

    Wii= truth be told, with tons of former sony franchise, its own franchise, and new group of fans wii won!
    really, what former sony exclusive franchises are on the wii? please tell me. Your full of sh1t. The wii is not very 3rd party developer friendly, they will have to rely on exclusives due to the differences in graphic capabilities between the wii and 360/PS3. Wii is going for a niche market, its not popular with too many game developers. Especially for more mature games. Did you know the average gamer is 30 years old?

    PS3= feh. at least you got blu-ray which no one likes and I heard something is better quality anyway.
    More bullsh1t. Tell me whats better quality than the blueray? See your making all this up. Fanboys will do anything to trash talk other systems, even if its excluding the facts.
    Fact remains blue ray can hold a lot more information on one disc. This means larger games, more detailed movies and sound. THE BLUE RAY is winning compared to HD disc technology. It is more popular. Just because you dont like/cant afford blue ray doesnt mean its not popular. Just about all major film distribution studios are planning for Blueray releases of their movies. Games will eventually be bluray for PC as well.

    So you can stop lying now, your epeen wont get any bigger.

  2. #32
    wii owner since release Yellow_Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    1382
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    998
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    you realise home doesnt come on the ps3, its a download that comes out in aprail

  3. #33
    Banned Wii&Ps3's Avatar
    Member #
    12575
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    415
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by chwisch87
    Anyone who is banking on Sony winning this console war needs to stop smoking crack. Yes Sony has a very strong brand but they have seriously screwed up with this one.

    We are all familiar with the HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray wars ... its not the first time Sony and Toshiba have gone at it. Before DVD came out, both Sony and Toshiba and their partners had put out competing formats. Eventually however, both sides came to the table and agreed upon a mutual format, DVD. Toshiba got the better end of the deal royalty wise however.
    The format war over with, Sony made one of the best business moves of all time by putting a DVD player in the PS2; thus allowing DVD to the masses and contributing to DVD's success ... which just loves taking credit for.

    This time however, Sony decided they were going to win ... no matter what. There will be no compromise ... and here is where the problems start.

    Timing wasn't exactly on Sony side this time. Sony released the PS3 before the next gen disk war had been decided. Sony, thinking that like DVD was for the PS2, blu-ray will be for the PS3 ... success will be achieve again and Sony will once again have another 100 million + console.

    There is a problem, and i hope you see it. The media format war is still up in limbo with no clear winner. What really needs to be done is a mutual agreed upon format ... that probably won't happen however. Sony has put themselves a do or die position, unlike their rival Toshiba (which has anyways made better TV's in my opinion lol). If the blu-ray fails, so does the PS3 and probably Sony along with it. It blu-ray wins however, Sony is rich and secure for the next ten years.

    The fact being that their will be no compromise means that the PS3 is mostly likely doomed to failure and just as Mr. Bill Gates predicted ... there will be a come from behind winner ... The hard drive.

    Without blu-ray, people will have no reason the put the PS3. The games are no good ... whatever you want on the PS3 you can get on the 360. It will probably be better too.

    Seriously people ... PS3 FTL.
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/03082007...ick.htm?page=2

    Blu ray will win. Theres no question in my mind about it. Even if hell froze over and blu ray lost, it would not kill sony. It would hurt it financially, but it would take something much greater to kill it. You dont understand business. Stop pretending like you do.

    All of you stop being such Sony fanboys! Sony has lost by a long shot against Wii. Home will bring in a few sales, but Wii will still be winning. When Sony gets people to buy a PS3 for Home, in a while Sony will start charging big money for it, and they could make even more money since some PS3 owners will be so into Home that they will pay anything for it.
    The wii is a kids toy. Its last gen and has nothing going for it besides its price tag. All the 10 year old love it, but thats where the line is drawn.

    Maybe if they put more effort into their games, and not their PR office we'd see better stuff. They need to copy Microsoft. Shut up and deliver. Here's a semi accurate link on unit sales.

    http://nexgenwars.com
    I thought only retarded people went to that site. I guess I was right

    Home is merely 1 feature. Its goal is not to attract customers as much as it is to attract game developers. As a game developer, you want people to buy your games. Home encourages the buying of games through unlockable content that comes with game purchases, and your game scores. It offers accessable advertisements and demos of both games and their movies. Home is merely a feature to make Game developers have greater success in their titles as well as push their games beyond what they are limited to at the moment. Single player games can still have bragging rights in a multiplayer world.

    PS3 is not losing at all. In fact there really is no winners and losers in this market.

    Imagine 3 marathon runners in a line. The signal is sent and all three start running. 1. the nintedo wii starts off very fast, out distancing the other two. 2. The xbox starts off a bit slow but picks up a lot of speed and falls in close to the wii. 3. The last one, Sony's PS3 starts off very slow, jogging at a leisurely pace and not caring how far ahead the other two are.

    Now, the 1. Wii begins to slow down, it ran too fast right from the get go and is losing momentum. Its was fast due to its low price and launch games, but now the games are not as plentyfull due to the inability to share cross platform titles. Its graphics are incredibly outdated, and developers are looking for more long term investments with their titles. 1. is tired and slows down, it gets passed by 2. The Xbox360. The Xbox was a rough start due to both games and accessability, but it picked up fast due to its ability to throw money left and right to secure game titles as well as have an easy game kit to develope games for. They picked up a lot of speed. Then because game sales were going higher, they were able to lower the price of their system, their speed increases more. The wii is lagging behind now, tired.

    3. Sony, is still jogging but its stamina is unaffected. They still retain the rights for some popular exclusives such as the FF series and Metal Gear, they have no worries, its just a matter of time. Their internal department is nearing completion of a lot of forms of software. Their operating system (firmware) is the most advanced and adapaptable of all the consoles. Their PsP has become one of the most amazing portable decives in the world with an OS thats copletely changeable. It can play most games out there short of anything passed the n64. Blue ray is still young and slowly gaining popularity. IT will be the next ROM commonly used. CD->dvd->blueray. Finally Sony begins to pick up speed, they are not rushing it but the wind at their backs is pushing them foward. Then their exclusives hit the market, they drop the price of their multimedia device, and their firmware offers plenty of sources of revinue from music downloads (singstar) to movies and indemand goods, to the online purchases and blueray sales, more and more developers are releasing their products for the system. Sony is running full on and catches up with 2. Xbox. The xbox is relying purely on its exclusives now and a simple feature called xbox live. This limited ability is strong but it might not be strong enough for the long haul. 3. Sony with its many functions and options begins to out pace the others. They caught in a current thats taking them even faster.

    They are able to run OS like linux and programmers are developing their own HOMEBREW for the system, like the psp, theres a huge modding community. Sony continues to move faster due to its moddability, its OS full of newly added features, games that play both in the game itself and in programs like HOME, their movie studio is releasing pleny of bluray movies, their music studio will do the same with online music and mp3 sales. Sony has a lot of momentum now and everyone sees its ready to run for a long long time. Like the energizer bunny.

    This is all an analogy of course, but based off facts and predictions based on facts. What you think you know, and what you really know might be far far apart. The fisrt step is to look at the bigger picture. Sony has a movie studio behind it (their movie studio owns a lot of smaller studios also), a music studio for popular artists and a growing format called Blueray. All this stuff is young, but its growing up fast. When it hits, it will hit hard.
    For those unfamiliar with the PSP, i suggest really doing some research on it. It uses a mini firmware that the PS3 uses, currently that piece of hardware and OS have allowed a small hand held device to play movies perfectly, music, webpage, radio, remote controlling, homebrewed games (meaning player made software). It has an ebook reader, a paint program, a comic viewer, the list goes on. It feels limitless. Even better are its games, games that include all nintendo games up to the N64, all retro systems and PS1 games. Its completley amazing if you really know and utilize its potential.

    The PSP is like a prototype for the PS3, rather its the big daddy version of it. Sony doesnt plan on changing anything, rather making even more adaptable.

    Ok im done here, time for lunch.
    Couldnt have said better myself. This man deserves a beer. Hell even two. Great write up.

    you realise home doesnt come on the ps3, its a download that comes out in aprail
    The beta is released in April to 15,000 people. Then 50,000 will be allowed access in the summer to test the server load. The full version will be released in the fall when all the bugs are worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    me want to have sex with other men
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    im a retarted little kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Well, YOU CAN'T TRADE GAMES. Once you use them on a system they only work on THAT system.
    Maybe I should tell blockbuster to stop renting ps3 games then

  4. #34
    Soul of highest Calibur Flagel's Avatar
    Member #
    2789
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    399
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    Really there is little point in arguing about it as all consoles have only recently been launched, and the ps3 hasn't launched yet in Europe. However the facts are that wii is selling more than the ps3, so in terms of sales wii is beating ps3 currently. Deal with it.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

  5. #35
    Wii-Convert chwisch87's Avatar
    Member #
    18622
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    88
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Home is merely 1 feature. Its goal is not to attract customers as much as it is to attract game developers. As a game developer, you want people to buy your games. Home encourages the buying of games through unlockable content that comes with game purchases, and your game scores. It offers accessable advertisements and demos of both games and their movies. Home is merely a feature to make Game developers have greater success in their titles as well as push their games beyond what they are limited to at the moment. Single player games can still have bragging rights in a multiplayer world.
    Home is not going to attract game developers ... console sales will .

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Imagine 3 marathon runners in a line. The signal is sent and all three start running. 1. the nintedo wii starts off very fast, out distancing the other two. 2. The xbox starts off a bit slow but picks up a lot of speed and falls in close to the wii. 3. The last one, Sony's PS3 starts off very slow, jogging at a leisurely pace and not caring how far ahead the other two are.
    Are you serious? What are you smoking buddy. Consoles don't lose momentum lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    3. Sony, is still jogging but its stamina is unaffected. They still retain the rights for some popular exclusives such as the FF series and Metal Gear, they have no worries, its just a matter of time.
    Yea well ... Metal Gear is on not one of Sony's big franchise's ... i never got a PS2 to play metal gear. They have already lost most of the major exclusives and they are actually fighting to keep this one. Microsoft has told Konami that they will allow them to basically put the game on the 360 for free ... no licensing fee ... THATS a lot of money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Their PsP has become one of the most amazing portable decives in the world
    Are you kidding? Yea amazing ... to bad the DS completely killed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    (blu-ray)IT will be the next ROM commonly used.
    Unlikely ... eventually like in the past, Sony will be forced to the table to agree on a mutual blue laser format with Toshiba.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    CD->dvd->blueray.
    Again ... CD and DVD were both mutual agreed on formats after both toshiba and sony had put out a competing media format. This is not the first time they have done this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    The first step is to look at the bigger picture. Sony has a movie studio behind it (their movie studio owns a lot of smaller studios also), a music studio for popular artists and a growing format called Blueray. All this stuff is young, but its growing up fast. When it hits, it will hit hard.
    Blu-ray has by no means won anything or will win anything ... considering Sony has never won a format war, i doubt it will win this one. HD-DVD has a few more tricks up their sleeve. Like 3X DVD ... which can be made from existing red laser but has enough space for HD content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    For those unfamiliar with the PSP, i suggest really doing some research on it. It uses a mini firmware that the PS3 uses ...
    Yes, a firmware that has not been getting the best reviews and many in the gamer community were quite disappointed that Sony couldn't better.


    The Wii will win this time and will be nintendo's first 100 million unit seller. Why , demand for the wii is not slowing down. In japan demand is now higher than it was at launch to the point that nintendo is having to revamp production to meet demand. Already more and more third party makers are stepping up wishing to develop games for the Wii as they slow down their developments for the expensive slow selling PS3. The PS3 is actually not even really selling all that well in Japan. The Wii is also the fastest console launch probably ever.

    Nintendo is also making money on their Wii ... so whenever the 360 and PS3 drop their price (likely won't happen on the PS3 anytime soon), Nintendo can easily drop the price.

    The graphics on the nintendo are JUST FINE! Maybe not for 5 or 10% of the gamers out there who want the best money can buy ... personal choice, not mine or the majority of gamers however. A lot of the nintendo nay-sayers really like to put down the Wii graphic as if its like playing in the days of pong or something. Graphically it will satisfy 90% of the market. I play Zelda and honestly it looks great.

    Sony needs to worry more or less with the 360 and battle for second place whether than going for first ... which is out their reach. I'm sorry if that disappoints you but its just not going to catch the Wii. The Wii is simply just not going to fall flat on its face like Sony fanboys love to predict.

    The 360 is easily beat the PS3 ... it has better software ... which believe it or not actually sells consoles.

  6. #36
    Banned Wii&Ps3's Avatar
    Member #
    12575
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    415
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    If you think the graphics on the wii are fine, then you need your eyes checked. You might as well plug in an atari and play that. The wii sales will slow down and the ps3 will take over. The wii is a gamecube with a new remote. Its a step down in technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    me want to have sex with other men
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    im a retarted little kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Well, YOU CAN'T TRADE GAMES. Once you use them on a system they only work on THAT system.
    Maybe I should tell blockbuster to stop renting ps3 games then

  7. #37
    Like A Stone A RAND0M TAC0's Avatar
    Member #
    9127
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    631
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0882-4030-9133-6768
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    If you think the graphics on the wii are fine, then you need your eyes checked. You might as well plug in an atari and play that. The wii sales will slow down and the ps3 will take over. The wii is a gamecube with a new remote. Its a step down in technology.
    Then why is it selling so well, even though the graphics aren't as great as a PS3's????? since when could you predict the future?!?!?!?

    I like how you say a wii is for a 10 year old, yet you own one?!?!?!?

  8. #38
    WiiChat Member kaioninai's Avatar
    Member #
    15564
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    hawaii
    Posts
    25
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4860-4777-3462-9105
    Quote Originally Posted by chwisch87
    Anyone who is banking on Sony winning this console war needs to stop smoking crack. Yes Sony has a very strong brand but they have seriously screwed up with this one.

    We are all familiar with the HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray wars ... its not the first time Sony and Toshiba have gone at it. Before DVD came out, both Sony and Toshiba and their partners had put out competing formats. Eventually however, both sides came to the table and agreed upon a mutual format, DVD. Toshiba got the better end of the deal royalty wise however.
    The format war over with, Sony made one of the best business moves of all time by putting a DVD player in the PS2; thus allowing DVD to the masses and contributing to DVD's success ... which just loves taking credit for.

    This time however, Sony decided they were going to win ... no matter what. There will be no compromise ... and here is where the problems start.


    Timing wasn't exactly on Sony side this time. Sony released the PS3 before the next gen disk war had been decided. Sony, thinking that like DVD was for the PS2, blu-ray will be for the PS3 ... success will be achieve again and Sony will once again have another 100 million + console.

    There is a problem, and i hope you see it. The media format war is still up in limbo with no clear winner. What really needs to be done is a mutual agreed upon format ... that probably won't happen however. Sony has put themselves a do or die position, unlike their rival Toshiba (which has anyways made better TV's in my opinion lol). If the blu-ray fails, so does the PS3 and probably Sony along with it. It blu-ray wins however, Sony is rich and secure for the next ten years.

    The fact being that their will be no compromise means that the PS3 is mostly likely doomed to failure and just as Mr. Bill Gates predicted ... there will be a come from behind winner ... The hard drive.

    Without blu-ray, people will have no reason the put the PS3. The games are no good ... whatever you want on the PS3 you can get on the 360. It will probably be better too.

    Seriously people ... PS3 FTL.
    i agree relly good why in putting it
    got jump ultimate stars so if any of you guys like battle online PM me with your friend code mine is 3308-0607-4038

    Games i cant wait to play
    Bleach Wii(US)
    Super Smash Bros: Brawl
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- The Chrystal Bearers

  9. #39
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by chwisch87
    Home is not going to attract game developers ... console sales will .
    Console sales are due to having desirable games. If you make desirable games, people will buy the console. Thats how it always is.

    Are you serious? What are you smoking buddy. Consoles don't lose momentum lol.
    hahahaha yourr soooo right. Dreamcast anyone? nintendo virtual boy? Ahahaha yeah your an idiot. Consoles do slow down, especially if they lack the lastest games.


    Yea well ... Metal Gear is on not one of Sony's big franchise's ... i never got a PS2 to play metal gear. They have already lost most of the major exclusives and they are actually fighting to keep this one. Microsoft has told Konami that they will allow them to basically put the game on the 360 for free ... no licensing fee ... THATS a lot of money.
    It is a growing franchise that has many games under its belt. Like halo its a fairly new addition to the gaming world. And yeah, they didnt hold onto a lot of exclusives, they still have some though. Those exclusives they did lose will still make their way onto the PS3 as dual platform games.


    Are you kidding? Yea amazing ... to bad the DS completely killed it.
    It didnt kill anything. The DS and the PSP are completely different types of handhelds. They both play games, but one can do so much more. The DS has higher sales, because its cheaper and made for kids. Does this make the PSP any less amazing? no it doesnt. The facts still remain.

    Here is an analogy. The honda civic outsells the mercedes SL class roadster. Does that mean the honda civic some how kills the mercedes? Nope. Nice try though wiiboy.


    You offer only snide and ignorant responses, how about you back up what you say with facts. All I hear is fanboy moaning and groaning out of you.


    Blue ray?
    You are forgetting something. Sony has been becoming larger and larger after aquiring a movie studio. This time they have the upper hand. Why? As someone who works in the film industry and is friends with quite a few big names who make this information their business, i can tell you that Sony has the connections with every other movie studio in the area. What do movie studios do? part of their job is distributing movies. What do they do that with? Film and the secondary market. Secondary market-> leaning towards blueray thanks to Sony being one of the big boy studios. Hollywood is a small town. Everyone knows eachother, studios though competition will stick together and Sony has been offering and recieving a lot of support.

    Yes, a firmware that has not been getting the best reviews and many in the gamer community were quite disappointed that Sony couldn't better.
    Bullsh1t. The firmware is the most complex and well made out there. Theres a reason why modders go to the psp and now ps3, because its firmware is very programmer friends and can be used for a lot more than whats on the market.

    The Wii is also the fastest console launch probably ever.
    Thats what i said, but starting fast doesnt mean it will stay that way. The reason being is their price. 250$ with some simple games.

    [quote]
    Nintendo is also making money on their Wii ... so whenever the 360 and PS3 drop their price (likely won't happen on the PS3 anytime soon), Nintendo can easily drop the price.
    [quote]
    You say that likes its a good thing, its not. If nintendo is making money off their console it says one thing. That they didnt put the effort to spend the money and keep gamers up to date with the lastest hardware. It says they want to see what they can get away with selling without making an effort to stay current.

    The graphics on the nintendo are JUST FINE! Maybe not for 5 or 10% of the gamers out there who want the best money can buy ... personal choice, not mine or the majority of gamers however. A lot of the nintendo nay-sayers really like to put down the Wii graphic as if its like playing in the days of pong or something. Graphically it will satisfy 90% of the market. I play Zelda and honestly it looks great.
    riiiigghhhtttt, that must mean 95% of the gamer population must think it has good graphics. I like how you pull numbers out of your arse.
    The wiis graphics are old and not that good at all. Fact. No the naysayers are not comparing it to pong, nor the 8 bit nes days, but the graphics are not much of a step up from their previous system. This is not to say they are horrible beyond compare, but they are far from good. THis is seen in the price tag. The PS3 has a 500$ graphics gpu inside, the wii is able to make money because their hardware is older and not up to par. I had wii graphics on my old computer.



    Sony needs to worry more or less with the 360 and battle for second place whether than going for first ... which is out their reach. I'm sorry if that disappoints you but its just not going to catch the Wii. The Wii is simply just not going to fall flat on its face like Sony fanboys love to predict.

    The 360 is easily beat the PS3 ... it has better software ... which believe it or not actually sells consoles.
    Sony's not worrying about anything. They are doing what they planned to do. But keep on speculating kid, next time offer facts. You basically "quote" bullsh1tted everything so far. Im not going to reexplain everything which you can just reread for yourself a few posts up.

    nice try though kid =)
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-16-2007 at 05:54 PM.

  10. #40
    WiiChat Member Celestial's Avatar
    Member #
    16628
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,396
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Home looks nothing like Habbo hotel. Habbo hotel was a Graphical chat program, theres a ton of them out there.

    Home looks like an avatar based Graphical User Interface of an OS. If you were to push the start button on your PC, and that list of programs pops up, imagine then a g verion of that which is navigated by a 3D avatar. One room leads to downloading content, anothe room lets you play the free games included (chess, solitare), another room shows your documents (aka trophies).. ect Sony plans on continually adding to these rooms, each room has a fuction/program sony will install within Home itself.

    This can in no way be compared to Habbo hotel. And you know it.
    Lol I meant the things like picking your clothes, making your room and stuff.

    360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts