LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 610
  1. #111
    NOD fanatic RedProdigy's Avatar
    Member #
    17763
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    425
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    MY GOD... you're an idiot.

    Im not calling you a name, im stating that you really need help.

    Cosmonaut, you are right. There is no hope for them at all.
    FFS, stop acting like you know everything and anyone who disagrees with you is a noob. Were you not able to say anything meaningful? I know what you're saying and such but I'm just talking economics. Sheesh. You think I'm just throwing words around?! The PS3 is more expensive because Sony made it so, not because of market forces.

    ..wait. How am I an idiot for correctly pointing out that Nintendo has a monopoly on the Wii? Did I not clarify my original use of monopoly (and I should have).
    Last edited by RedProdigy; 03-18-2007 at 11:55 PM.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

  2. #112
    Like A Stone A RAND0M TAC0's Avatar
    Member #
    9127
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    631
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0882-4030-9133-6768
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    MY GOD... you're an idiot.

    Im not calling you a name, im stating that you really need help.
    hahahahaha

  3. #113
    Wii-Convert chwisch87's Avatar
    Member #
    18622
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    88
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    Sony, by releasing a cheaper blu-ray player is perhaps a sign that they do not have much faith in their PS3 console anymore (to push Blu-ray into the mainstream market).

    Is in a rock and a hard place right now. As much as they would love to drop the price on their PS3 console, they can't. It would force Sony to ask for more money in licensing fee's which would have the likely effect of driving up the price of games to 70 or even 80 dollars. Otherwise Sony would lose more money than they would make from having the console out in the open market more.

    This is why Sony is releasing the cheaper blu-ray player, because they cannot count on the PS3 bring blu-ray into the open market.

    Sony has got some serious thinking to do about how to solve this PS3 issue. Personally when it comes right down to it, i'm not sure the PS3 really matters to sony in the long run; all they need to do is win the blu-ray battle and they would probably be fine. The PS3 as a console is probably dead however; Blu-ray is not. If Blu-ray fails however, the PS3 is most certainly a dead device.

    What Sony could do to fix the problem ...

    Take the blu-ray player off the PS3 and release the console with DVD games. Price it under the or at the 360. The Cell Broadband would probably be enough to make the console a success.

  4. #114
    Glorified Trashcan MasterChief's Avatar
    Member #
    19433
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    33
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    This thread is annoying, I hope the rest of the forum is not like this.

    I'm willing to break them into pieces, crush them at my feet. - Hironobu Sakaguchi

  5. #115
    Guitar Hero 2 Lover Robertking1123's Avatar
    Member #
    16877
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    irving, texas
    Posts
    283
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1240-9149-8383-7207
    I dont really care what anyone has to say about my opinions. I feel the way i feel and I like what I like. At the current time I like the Ps2 and the Wii. No matter what anyone else say I will not worry about the ps3 till the price drops. I am a grown man that can think for myself. So with that being said, Fanboys are stupid. Games are fun. If the system doesn't have any worth playing the the system is a waste. I like all games but the ps3 at this point in time is still crap. Ill get one when its not so full of shit.
    Add me and ill add you. Maybe when wii can play games online i can whoop your ass. till then send a message or a Mii. Also give a brotha some rep points. click the lil mushroom.

  6. #116
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    3742
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    633
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Heres an analogy, lets see if your grown up enough make sense of it.
    A guy walks up to a car lot with cars for sale, there are two brands. One is the honda civic, and the other the mercedes SLroadster. Now heres the question, which one is better? The honda has more sales over the Mercedes. By your argument the Honda would be the greater car. Does that make it correct?

    Heres another analogy. You walk into a supermarket looking for bread. You are directed over to the bakery section. On one shelf is a bunch of generic white bread that seems to be selling fast, behind you is a shelf with freshly baked bread from the bakery. Its not selling as many as the whitie generic sliced bread. Which one is better quality? By your argument, the one selling more is.

    The fact of the matter remains, the psp is a vastly superior system that cost as much as the nintendo wii. Its by far a better hand held device, though because not a lot of kids are buying it doesnt make it less good than the DS. Quantity does not always win over quality.

    By the way, the wii section is back a few pages. Please troll there.
    LOL. The PS3 is not a mercedes SL!? this argument is totally dumbing down the Wii/PS3 debate to new levels.

    Does that mean the PS3 is a luxury item. i.e. too expensive for the majority of people to own? (like an SL). In that case way-to-go-Sony! . Release a games Console that the majority of people can't afford!

    The PS3 is also not a loaf of bread... It doesn't even contain flour/wheat!

    We need to define the word "better" if we are going to use "pure-logic" as an argument. This is where Pure-logic falls on its ass everytime as a means to prove any point. We can't argue something is "better" until we define what "better" is, and further explain how this applies within the context of our argument.

    The PS3/PSP may be more advanced technologically than the Wii/DS. But Demand and sales for the Wii/DS have been vastly greater to that of the PS3/PSP. In turn this means that in future when games are made Nintendo will be a primary development area (in 3rd party terms). If you are making a game do you want to release it to a market of 5 million - or 1 million?

    I would like to see Sony implement Rumble - lower their price - get some decent games on the console. Then I would consider it over a 360. But that won't happen
    Last edited by BrandonMcAuslan; 03-19-2007 at 04:10 AM.

  7. #117
    Wii & DFI acphydro's Avatar
    Member #
    11823
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    423
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_KRaKRocKS
    Insultin my system don't go well wit me. Here you are a$$ Hol3.

    Blu-ray games
    blu-ray technology
    high definition graphics
    storage of music
    storage of video
    storage of pictures
    Motion Sensor controller (also with tilt)
    bluetooth compatible
    list of fun, real hits
    crazy online to come out in fall (PLAYSTATION HOME)
    PSP playback
    PlayStation Store(demos, games, trailers of games and movies)
    So if you still like playin a lunchbox worth $50 dollaz tops with no great games or features, then your crazy.
    I'd like to see details of why this makes it so good because, blu-ray games and technology for sure doesn't make it necessarily any better. Music, video and picture storage has already been done by the PC a long time ago. The Wii has a motion sensing controller that is far superior, the PS3 has just basic motion sensing nothing spectacular....IMO and many others rumble would be a better option over that. Bluetooth isn't important yet and who knows if it ever will truly be. Online still isn't that great and it remains to be seen if it ever will be. There is only one real hit at the moment that isn't really much fun at all. I'll leave the last two features alone so you can retain some dignity though :]
    DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert (ocz tony's latest)
    AMD Opteron 165 Denmark CCBBE 0615 EPMW w/ Corsair Nautilus 500 @ 322x9@ 1.45v
    2x Patriot 1024MB PC-4000 [3-4-4-8]
    XFX Geforce 7900GS Extreme 256MB PCI-E x16 @ 620/820
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Seagate 750GB - SATA | Maxtor 200GB - PATA
    NEC Black DVD+/-RW ND-3550A - | Lite on DVD+/-RW SOHW 1633S
    OCZ GameXStream 600watt

  8. #118
    Wii-Convert chwisch87's Avatar
    Member #
    18622
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    88
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    whatever happens .... toshiba is making money since they helped develop the cell broadband processor.

  9. #119
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    LOL. The PS3 is not a mercedes SL!? this argument is totally dumbing down the Wii/PS3 debate to new levels.

    Does that mean the PS3 is a luxury item. i.e. too expensive for the majority of people to own? (like an SL). In that case way-to-go-Sony! . Release a games Console that the majority of people can't afford!
    Heres one more analogy maybe even you can grasp. A man walks down the street, hungry. He really wants chinese food so he walks into a nearby restaurant. Their menu is pretty huge, but extremely expensive. He looks for the Kung Pao Chicken, $50. He has $100 in his wallet, but he turns around and leaves. He cant afford to spend that much for a meal. He walks over to a cheaper place nearby, where the quality ingredients are not so good but you get more for your buck and depending who YOU are, likes the taste or not.

    Now, he can afford the item he wants, but he cant afford to buy it for merely the meal alone. Does that make sense to you? I mean if that doesnt I dont know what else will.


    We need to define the word "better" if we are going to use "pure-logic" as an argument. This is where Pure-logic falls on its ass everytime as a means to prove any point. We can't argue something is "better" until we define what "better" is, and further explain how this applies within the context of our argument.
    Already did. Scroll up and look for it if you want to. Or i will just reexplain it.

    The jist of it was,The wii and ps3 contain compotents/hardware. The PS3 is Better in all those areas short of the motion remote. This is a fact, not an opinion. Many fanboys claim it as an opinion, but a better GPU is a better GPU, a faster CPU is a faster CPU, More RAM is more RAM. Its not really something fanboys can argue, but they still do. Because thats what makes them fanboys. Anyways, the hardware difference is also why the price is higher. The wii in itself is selling for fairly cheap, this is due to it having the "not so best" hardware inside it. So the fact is what is better hardware/power wise? Ps3. The Xbox360 actually has a great GPU as well, but the PS3 also has the processing power.

    What console has a better controller/remote? That really depends on the person as its a subjective question. Most would agree the wiis controller is fun. One could argue that more buttons = a better controller [much like this debate about selling more consoles = better system] but we both know this isnt true.

    Which system is better because of games? That also has no definate answer. Its a grey area because it depends on the gamer who plays them. A gamer might enjoy the PS3 games more than Wii games, or vice versa. So "better" in this regards is merely subjective. Grey matieral.

    Better functionality? Well thats kind of obvious. The PS3. It has a lot of features in it and that are being added to it. Now, before anyone jumps the gun, Nintendo itself has stated numorous times that they only care about making games, all other functions are not that important to them. It is a fact that the PS3 has a wider array of options and functions.

    Lastly, better price? This is a FACT. Nitendo sells their system for cheaper. They also make a profit off of their systems because it is not expensive to make.

    Now that we cleared the fact from the opinion, lets look at the root of this argument. They argue, the wii sells more so therefor its a better system. Look at their argument and take the above list of "betters" and compare it with what they argue. The fact is, the high sales of the wii do not magically give it better hardware, do not give it better secondary functions, does give it a more innovative controller however thats subjective as its merely a question preference, games? thats also preference, price? the wii has a better price, and that goes right back to what they are arguing.

    Therefore, if they argue the wii is the better system because of number of sales, and better = cheapest price out of the consoles, then that explains the higher sales.

    You have your re-definition of better (what is subjective and what is fact).
    And the root of this argument. More sales do not always mean a better system. Yes the same concept works with mercedes benz SL roadster. I dont know how rare they are in Scottland, but here in Hollywood where I live and work, about 1/4 of the cars are Mercedes/BMW/Porche. The PS3, at the moment is a luxery item. Its aimed at being a home entertainment system.

    I believe Sony is looking at this all in the long term rather than the short term, therefore their approach my be one that dissatisfies you. Either way, we just have to wait and watch it unfold.


    The PS3/PSP may be more advanced technologically than the Wii/DS. But Demand and sales for the Wii/DS have been vastly greater to that of the PS3/PSP.
    Again, they are also much different in price. The price of the wii = the price of the psp. The DS is close to half the price of a PSP. The DS is more parent friendly to boot, where as the PSP's target audience is smaller.

    I would like to see Sony implement Rumble - lower their price - get some decent games on the console. Then I would consider it over a 360. But that won't happen
    Why would you say all that if you "know" it wont happen. The reality of it is, you dont know. They will have some "decent" games, i promise that. Time has always proven that the best games come a bit later. The lowering of their price will happen, as the seeds have been planted. Those seeds are secondary forms of revinue to make up for the lost profit on making the consoles (they cost ALOT to make). HOME/Internet purchases, GAMES and BLUERAY are all seeds planted by Sony to balance out the loss of profit from each console sold. When they have those means set, they can afford to lower the price of the console. Xbox 360 did the same thing.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-19-2007 at 10:27 AM.

  10. #120
    Wii-Convert chwisch87's Avatar
    Member #
    18622
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    88
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    Dear god ... every time i turn around shiftfallout has a new post 3 miles long ... lord.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

mario kart 64 toy
,

mario kart 64 toys

,
mario legos
,
mario stuff
,
paper mario stuff
,

ps3 sucks

,

ps3 sucks now

,
psn sucks now
,
super mario 64 toys
,
the ps3 sucks
,
why ps3 sucks
,

why the ps3 sucks

Click on a term to search for related topics.