LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruman
    Oh god this is gonna start a war...and not the internet debate kind. I mean the weapons and killing kind.
    hey if we can thin out some of the fanboys, then im all for it. The world would be a better place without them. Less inbreeding too.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    hey if we can thin out some of the fanboys, then im all for it. The world would be a better place without them. Less inbreeding too.
    Is that so? *whistles*

To add content: Multimedia does not guarantee success.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Farid
    i dont know chrono trigger and FF 4 are for me the best RPG in the world even better that this "high definition" games so dont count on that and yes i keep playing them when i have the time because they are so good that never get bored
    try reading the line where it says "people become attached to the memories of the past". I too play my favorite games all the way back to the nes. But i feel like im talking to a wall, as though you and everyone else would rather just nit pick and not get the bigger picture.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RedProdigy
    Is that so? *whistles*

To add content: Multimedia does not guarantee success.
    Your wording of "multi-media" is incorrect. Do you mean to say "devices that are multi-media friendly do not guarantee success"?

But what about console gamers that play handhelds? They get used to the lower graphics quite easily. Good graphics is great to have but it doesn't make a great GAME alone.
    No one here that i saw said that great graphics make a great game ALONE. Thats you twisting words around and making assumptions like an ass. Graphics are merely enhancments. Hand held games follow the same pattern, each new handheld console includes upgraded graphical capabilties.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-16-2007 at 10:17 PM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by eskiemong
    I'm having enough fun here in Wiichat! I just can't find any fun here in this particular subject...War between consoles... lol Well.. Honestly, it's because I don't know a lot about consoles, so that's why I'm not enjoying this
    Well this is the perfect place to read up on all 3...we have fanboys of all kinds here at Wiichat! I even know one guy on here named "Nfanboy".

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends

Back to NES?

Why is it that all Wii fans refer back to NES and Nintendo 64? Don't you guys realize that this is 2007. We have plasma tv's and hd gaming consoles. You guys base your thoughts on Super Mario and all of those old games. Sure, they might've gotten things started, but we are a long way from back then. We have progressed and improved everything. Wii fans literally get hard to Super Mario and Mario Kart- calm down.

By the way, PS3 is ultimate becuase it has things from every system. It takes the best from each consoleand puts it into its system. Some call it a jock or a hack, but really: its genius.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    It's just a repeat of the Neo Geo. For those who remember how awful that system did. Despite so few units sold it still has a rabid following of fans. I fear the same may be true for the PS3. The rabid fans part.

Member #
    Friends
    Oh my god. You guys finally did it. I have been converted. I really, really regret buying my PS3. You're points are so valid. How could I have been so blind. Me, in my mid twenties, not buying a console with games like Wii Play and Excite Truck and creating a caricature of myself! How absurd. But all is good now. I see the light! Last time I had this feeling was when I realized there was no god and became an aethiest. Given the average age of members here (and Wii enthusiasts in general), I guess this type of thread shouldn't have been such a big surprise.
    Last edited by dsm91; 03-17-2007 at 12:00 AM.
    Knowledge is power. Use it to form your opinions, not the other way around.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    The nes version is widely remembered by us older gamers and as its considered a classic. Using that as a counter point to the graphics quote is moot as they cant be comparable. Of course we could always go back to 8bit graphics since they dont seem to matter right?
    To be fair, they're still being sold today, so I would argue that they do matter. Surely they are the only type of game that is comparable - 2 different games in the same genre has different features to account for. You couldn't acurately say that the reason Perfect Dark was better than Duke Nukem was because of Graphics - they both had different systems that influence a games sales. For example, the counter-operative mode. The fact that you can order sims on your side in the combat simulator to do what you want, etc... 2 versions of the same game however, is likely to be the only way you can accurately compare newer and older graphics without going into the game mechanics.

The history of remakes is a tricky thing, because people become attached to the original. The core discussion about graphics enhancing a game is discussed when refering to titles that are new or a continuation of a series.
    Why should the older examples be excluded? Surely graphics were as much a part of gaming culture then as they are now.

Bitmapping, field of depth, higher polygon counts, detail, all this enhances the worlds in which the games operate in. Once you have played on the best, its quite difficult for the mind to enjoy the visual stimulants of the past.
    That's not neccesarily true either. Despite playing vastly graphically superior games, I can still go back to Goldeneye or Mario 64 and enjoy them. Likewise, I could also go back to Super Mario World and still enjoy that. Whether it be for the "nostalgia" factor, or whether it be because they're just made extremely well is moot. Older games still hold appeal - otherwise the VC wouldn't have such good sales.
    Last edited by Squall7; 03-17-2007 at 04:57 AM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    ok ill try this again

Blu-ray games :yes only sony has this... up tp 50gig disk
    blu-ray technology:obviouis
    high definition graphics: very true wii only has low end HD 480.. only people that will know that are people with hd t.v's though
    storage of music :wii does it off the SD card
    storage of video: wii does it off the SD card
    storage of pictures: wii does it off the SD card.. ok well same thing just portable storage..
    Motion Sensor controller (also with tilt) : well the wii kills them in this area
    bluetooth compatible :wii has it and uses it constantly
    list of fun, real hits : i still dont see a list.. the only thing holding back the ps3 right now is games in my opinion...
    crazy online to come out in fall (PLAYSTATION HOME):wii has it...almost identical setup but do out this spring/summer
    PSP playback: wii will have interconnection with DS just like every other nintendo system has had with its handhelds...
    PlayStation Store(demos, games, trailers of games and movies): wii has everything but the trailers... next..

i think they are both good systems.. dont get me wrong.. but the system is still going to be based on its games.. something sony doesnt have yet... and hopefully they will sell enough units or they wont be able to get them... is it worth 600 dollars.. sure.. its a beefed up wii with all the extras built in..
    is it more fun... fun is based on the games and gameplay... and sony doesnt have that yet not without the games,and like i said they wont get games without selling consoles.. wii and 360 will get all the big titles unless they find a way to pump out the ps3's but if they do sell it will still be a great system just like every sony before it... lets just hope they didnt kill themself with the pricetag...
    Last edited by wezeles; 03-17-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Ads