Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
    Proud Owner Of A Wii Matt's_A_Bluebird's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7591-7050-1749-1437
    Yes it was pretty worthless, I was only messing about, the PS3 probably is really cool to play, I'm only against it because of the price. I'm about to get ripped.

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death... I can assure them it is much more serious than that."

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Matt, please don't tell me you are enjoying the wii now? Mines been collecting dust since I finished Zelda... the Wii remote really isn't all that good right now in my opinion.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    7591-7050-1749-1437
    Your opinion, not mine. And actually at the moment I am not enjoying my Wii, I am playing Ocarina Of Time on a Gamecube disk on the Wii.

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death... I can assure them it is much more serious than that."

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    No you're not, because Ocarina of Time is a N64 game.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    7591-7050-1749-1437
    Yes I am, as Wind Waker came with a bonus disk with Ocarina Of Time on.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Oh, I stand corrected, so you pre-ordered Wind Waker? Lucky you.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Does anyone agree that the Blue-Ray was a wasted add-on to the PS3 making the price sky-rocket?

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    7591-7050-1749-1437
    Yes I do, I think it would've done better for itself without it. PS3 will see better days in years to come, when they are dirt cheap and there are loads of pre-owned ones.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt's_A_Bluebird
    Yes I do, I think it would've done better for itself without it.
    So what would you suggest they put in place of the blue ray? What would you suggest them to add then to offer a different product than what microsoft is selling? How do you expect gaming to progress from the 9 gig dual layer dvds when current gen gaming needs more than 9gigs to really get the job done? How do you think pirates feel about 10-50gig games over the wii's 4 gigs which are abundant on the internet for download? How do you think the developers feel about piracy? about how their games are showing up on the internet? Do you think they like the added protection? How do you feel about investing in a medium that can offer new experiences with gaming? Do you know what blue ray is? how it works? Are you familiar with the patterns of emerging technology?

Theres a lot to think about. Its easy for someone to say, they shouldnt have added this or that, but they do not think of the alternatives nor the pros and cons of each move.

I believe using blue ray was a good move and because its new. A slow start is never a bad start.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    So what would you suggest they put in place of the blue ray? What would you suggest them to add then to offer a different product than what microsoft is selling? How do you expect gaming to progress from the 9 gig dual layer dvds when current gen gaming needs more than 9gigs to really get the job done? How do you think pirates feel about 10-50gig games over the wii's 4 gigs which are abundant on the internet for download? How do you think the developers feel about piracy? about how their games are showing up on the internet? Do you think they like the added protection? How do you feel about investing in a medium that can offer new experiences with gaming? Do you know what blue ray is? how it works? Are you familiar with the patterns of emerging technology?

Theres a lot to think about. Its easy for someone to say, they shouldnt have added this or that, but they do not think of the alternatives nor the pros and cons of each move.

I believe using blue ray was a good move and because its new. A slow start is never a bad start.
    No, don't replace it with anything. Take it out completely in my opinion. Yes, we all know Blue-Ray is the future and has great HD qualities. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Blue-Ray is great, but when added to the PS3, it's pointless. I still agree with them keeping the Blue-Ray DVD players though.

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    7591-7050-1749-1437
    I know a slow start is never a bad start. Thanks for all the questions, it's just... so expensive.

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Ads