LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by gnahc79
    Will the 360/PS3 overcome this? IMO not likely.
    I dont think its their primary goal anyways. The wii is trying to be the most accessable system out there, the PS3 a luxury device much like a HDTV, computer and blue ray player. The 360 seems to want to fall in between that. But the real question is, which system will outlast the other. It could be that 3 years down the line the PS3 surpasses the wii in sales, or the 360 beat everyone also.

No i have a feeling, nintendo will be ready to drop a new system on everyone before microsoft and sony do, because if they are going the accessable rout, they will pump out cheaper systems more often than the more expensive systems that is less often.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Wii
    true ! but i cant see why everyone says that the ps3 has crap gameplay!.....what wrong with it ?
    For the most part is just people wanting to hate another system or brand and making up excuses why they can. The gameplay in question is subjective, there is no definate answer.

I always say, its gamers that dont have to be loyal to a brand, but the brands that have to be loyal to the gamers.

Member #
    Friends
    I dont think its their primary goal anyways. The wii is trying to be the most accessable system out there, the PS3 a luxury device much like a HDTV, computer and blue ray player. The 360 seems to want to fall in between that. But the real question is, which system will outlast the other. It could be that 3 years down the line the PS3 surpasses the wii in sales, or the 360 beat everyone also.
    What you described among the consoles, accessibility/luxury/in between, is the result of what the market is doing. I don't think MS and Sony intended to be an in between console and luxury console, respectively. It comes back to the game availability thing... I doubt EA/Capcom/etc would be willing to invest so much $$$ in PS3 dev when they can get so much more money from Wii and even 360. The PS3 looks A LOT like how the TurboGrafix-16 behaved back in the 80s. Better hardware, more expensive, but not many games. The PS3 isn't guaranteed to be doomed since Sony today can try more to get the PS3 back on track than NEC did back in the day. It'll be very difficult for Sony though.

How about this? Sony is taking this huge loss from the PS3 just to 'flood' the market with blu-ray players to win the blu-ray/HD-DVD format war, lol .

Member #
    Friends
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Why do you think there is such a huge price difference between the Wii and the ps3/360?

Simple answer is, hardware. Ninty actually makes a profit off of their consoles, microsoft and sony lose a lot of money per console.

The Wii and the PS3 both have ATI Graphics cards, but one is far more powerful than the other. Nintendos plan was to include the bare minimum for upgraded graphics while using innovative gameplay with the wiimote to make up for it. This limits the graphical capabilities of Wii games but not how they are played. To nintendo, gameplay is more important than graphics. Graphics without good gameplay is no good. But good graphics with good gameplay is heavenly. Ninty can achieve the gameplay without good graphics, but its up to the 360/PS3 to come up with good graphics and good gameplay.
    finally you say something decently intelligent lol.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by chwisch87
    finally you say something decently intelligent lol.
    or you might finally get what i have been preaching all along.

wii owner since release Yellow_Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    my friend just got his ps3 today and ive just popped round for a quick go on resistance and blazing angels!

bloody hell its good! i have a feeling that i might of made an error buying a wii.....persuade me otherwise

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Wii
    bloody hell its good! i have a feeling that i might of made an error buying a wii.....persuade me otherwise
    my friend this is where you fall short. There is no error is buying one system over another. Buy them all if you can, and enjoy a wide selections of games.

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_BrEnDo2007
    O.k in my local GAME store has people at the door saying do u wannna buy a ps3 we got loads of them.Truth is nobody around my greenock/glasgow area is intrested and in fact a lot of the people said "no....but have u got any wiis?
    and the answer was no.

wii-1
    ps3-0
    it is because the price is too high glaswigins are money smart my friend is major sony fanboy he is gonna wait till it is 300

wii owner since release Yellow_Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    ye i know your gooing to say its worth it for £425 because of the blu-ray and sych a big harddrive. But why!? I DONT NEED IT !?

the wii has small inbuilt memory and i am not even close to filling it up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Ads