Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    I think the PS3 has a couple of problems:

1) the price: most of the people who use the gamemachine are around 20 years old. So 600€ for the console + 70€ for a game is a lot of money (rich brads not included)

2) The PS2 is still selling good (SOny keeps it selling so it can cover the PS3 losts and not forget the PSP), So why buying the PS3, if the PS2 has a lot of new games coming out and is much cheaper.

3) Here in Europe Sony has the fame getting the European version ALWAYS later, sometimes almost a year. like The PSP did, and now the PS3. People are getting tired of waiting and buy a DS or Wii/X360

4) I remeber when I bought for the PSP Formule 06, they said it had online function, but on the launchday (26th of july), they said that they removed the online function, So a lot of people bought it thinking of playing on the internet...... Real bummer for me.... This is almost the same with the PS3, they took the PS2 chip away, to reduce costs... result: not all the PS2 games will work!!!!

I saw the PS3 yesterday in Mediamarkt, and it rocks, really it does. But for 600€ I prefer buying a Wii, with a lot of games....

Oh I forgot: For the online gaming you will have to pay, just like the Xbox.... Hihihi For Wiiplayers it is free.... thx to the BIG "N"!!!!
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Now I'm America but I have cousins in the UK and they always tell me how expensive stuff is over there so to be perfectly honest I do not think it will sell that well. Besides the price theres no backwards compatiblity in Europe right? That sucks (especially since God of War 2 is a such a sick game that if I did like Sony that might make me buy it despite the horrible price). In addition people over there have already heard about the its faults here in America and in other countries we can guess. SO I don't the overall opinion of Sony and the PS3 is great over there.

Member #
    Friends
    the ps3 is selling for 425 here (which at the moment is almost $850)

so it not doing so well in the US, maybe for the price, its cheaper for you guys and still its not doing well, so thats definately not a good sign for the UK anyway..

and i have spoken to some friends in GAME (a uk game seller) and they havent even 'sold out' on pre-orders yet. thats not a good sign for something that is relelased tomorrow...

i guess we can just wait and see, and i think the price will need to drop a fairbit for people to choose one over a 360, as its pretty much the same thing

Member #
    Friends
    It failed in japan and USA huh? lol ok what defines failed? Did it fail to make it in stores?

It didnt fail jack shiz. It DID however sell the least amount units of the three console systems so far. Thats not failing. Thats just selling less systems. Some of you might call it losing.

It will be the same in every continent as well. They will sell some units but not a lot. Price and lack of strong launch games keep people from buying the PS3.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Apparantly it's preorders are doing quite well in Europe,

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10284

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Apparantly it's preorders are doing quite well in Europe,

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10284
    You can only pre-order so many...until word breaks loose that PS3 is a waste of money and electricity.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ottoman
    You can only pre-order so many...until word breaks loose that PS3 is a waste of money and electricity.
    Thats subjective.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    I don't think a slight increase in the electricity bill would make a massive difference... and waste of money... hmm... Wouldn't care if it was 1000, I'd still buy it, I wanna play Final Fantasy 13.

Member #
    Friends
    Well we all know that the PS3 failed terribly in USA and Japan. (Face it, its a fact)

But will it redeem itself in Europe? Personally, i dont think so. Its recieving bad reviews and criticism from all directions. 90% of people i have spoken to do not want a PS3.

I dont want a fanboy response like "PS3 Rules, were gonna kill wii and 360! we rocked in Japan and USA!!! We will do it again in Europe!!!"

Becuase you didnt rock....anywhere, and it doesnt look like you ever will. So dont be an idiot and post what you WANT to happen. Post what you really think will happen.

Personally, i think its too late to catch up with the Wii and 360...

360: 10,802,720
    Wii:5,135,157
    PS3:1,640,811

The Wii has sold almost half of what 360 have, in a matter of 4 months...

So theres my opinion...whats yours?
    Heres a fact. To this day, the ps3 has sold more consoles than the 360 did at this time last year. I guess you can say it bombed That means the 360 did even worse. Next time you try and pull some facts from your brain, see if they make sense first. Btw your numbers are off. The ps3 is over 1.8 million. I also love how you call it a fact, when its your own fanboy opinion. I think your just mad because you spent (probably your parents) $250 on another gamecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    me want to have sex with other men
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    im a retarted little kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Well, YOU CAN'T TRADE GAMES. Once you use them on a system they only work on THAT system.
    Maybe I should tell blockbuster to stop renting ps3 games then

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Hehe, but it still hasn't started selling in Europe yet, I'm pretty sure it'll sell well here. I hope it does!

Ads