Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1156-6661-4692-6561

Will The PS3 Succeed in Europe?

Well we all know that the PS3 failed terribly in USA and Japan. (Face it, its a fact)

But will it redeem itself in Europe? Personally, i dont think so. Its recieving bad reviews and criticism from all directions. 90% of people i have spoken to do not want a PS3.

I dont want a fanboy response like "PS3 Rules, were gonna kill wii and 360! we rocked in Japan and USA!!! We will do it again in Europe!!!"

Becuase you didnt rock....anywhere, and it doesnt look like you ever will. So dont be an idiot and post what you WANT to happen. Post what you really think will happen.

Personally, i think its too late to catch up with the Wii and 360...

360: 10,802,720
    Wii:5,135,157
    PS3:1,640,811

The Wii has sold almost half of what 360 have, in a matter of 4 months...

So theres my opinion...whats yours?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    I think itll do about the same as USA but not much more, most people ive heard from dont like the Price of the Ps3 over there. Another thing is that people over there have been more influenced by the Xbox360 and the Wii while Sony delayed the Ps3. Alot of people would of bought the xbox360 or wii (or both since they = best combo). Face it, you can buy both of them for price of Ps3 and get alot more fun out of the cash.

But we will see.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Its true, european gamers might be frustrated over the delay. Plus, maybe they couldnt wait a few extra months and picked up a 360/Wii during the long hard wait.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    Well considering the backwards compatability issues of the european ps3, I doubt it will do better than the USA launch, but there is a large sony following in the UK so I may be wrong
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

Member #
    Friends
    Well, yes, I believe it will. Playstation is to Europe as banana's are to monkeys.

I'm willing to break them into pieces, crush them at my feet. - Hironobu Sakaguchi

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief
    Well, yes, I believe it will. Playstation is to Europe as banana's are to monkeys.
    Maybe last time...its different now. People over here arent interested anymore. It will do well in the first week...but then as word goes around people will just stop buying. Just like America and Japan. Hype can sell your console, but it cant make you money

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Europe has a epic history of getting screwed over by the game industry. I remember them getting games 2 years later than the US! I don't think they'll be any more excited than the US about the PS3 launch. The price is a party killer for anyone with regular pockets.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't know so I'll wait and see. People in the US thought the PS3 was going to sell like hotcakes despite the price but that wasn't the case. I'm American, not European.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I think there are a lot of what you would call "sony fanboys" in the UK. Everyone I know had a PS2 - and there are a lot of dumb people in this country who will buy a PS3 for this very reason. The first batch of PS3s will sell pretty quick I think. Whether sales continue after the first few weeks/months we will have to wait and see...
    As for the rest of Europe I can only speculate.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I think PS3 will do pretty bad over here tbh.

People aren't interested because there seems to be problem after problem with it. By this I mean first the price was given out, that was a no way for ALOT of people. Then there's the whole not being able to play some of the ps1 + 2 games. Now there's the whole thing about the ammount of electricity it uses up.

Most non sony fan gamers know that they took the motion sentitive idea and the whole 'ps home' thing away from nintendo..so they wan't the Real McCoy.. not some copied version of it.

Personally I think only big sony fans who's been saving up for this and rich mamis boys will be able to afford this one.

So nah..I don't think it will be that big..compared to the wii and 360 anywho.

Ads